Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Default Family Loss

Evening guys. as we all know, michael jackson and farrah fawcett died today. well, in my families life we have suffered the third loss for our lives. our dog Barry. his life was cut short when a fencing salesman, who was doing a quote for us, left the gate open and Barry made a break for it. he tried to cross a main road to get to a subway(where he has escaped to before, as they fed him) and he was struck by a car. he was a white Whippet Dalmation cross, and was a very loveable dog. always a pup at heart, he filled our lives with the kind of love you would expect from a human being. he was a friend when no others where around, kept you company when lonely and warmed your bed in the middle of the night when he snuck in to get warm. he will be sorely missed.
i make a Plea to everybody on here, please, take care of your pet. they are often our best friends, and we dont always realise this. if your dog was like mine, a sight hound(tunnel vision chasing dog-sees something, chases it) keep him/her in a well locked backyard or inside. i know he was "only a dog" but the pain im feeling is the same i'd feel if i'd lost a family member, because he pretty much was one.
thankyou, naish
(attatched is a picture of Barry, aged 8 2 weeks ago)

Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
cram72

Mate cried me eyes out when my dog died, know your pain, sorry mate and RIP Barry.
cram72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

sorry for your loss, i remember when my dog of 17 years passed away.

this is more important than michael jackson in my eyes
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

sorry to read it, more so that a visitor wasn't able to shut the gate!
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

We have since made a formal complaint to the company, who have agreed to compensate us. A loss like this is not something I can value in anyway... Thankyou for the kind words AUXR8220, this is like I hole in my life right now..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 26-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
We have since made a formal complaint to the company, who have agreed to compensate us. A loss like this is not something I can value in anyway... Thankyou for the kind words AUXR8220, this is like I hole in my life right now..
Unfortunately you can't compensate for the love & companionship that YOUR dog has given you. A dog can be replaced, but unfortunately they are like humans, and every single one has a different personality.

I have never owned a dog in my life, but have been upset before when pets have died. There is a special attachment between man and beast. I'm sorry for your loss.

Edit - good on the company for coming to the party in some way though. That's at least thoughtful of them and a credit to them in some way.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So sorry for your loss, with sympathy and empathy I share your pain. Although I dont know you i can imagine you loved your dog and gave him a good, loving and happy home. Barry was blessed to have been part of a loving household. In time your heart will open up and give another pet the same chance you gave Barry.

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is horrible mate, so sad to read it.

Our dogs really are part of our families. My little one stayed absolutely glued to me for 6 months as I recovered at home from 11 operations. She kept me company and is just an absolute champion, like most dogs are to their owners and I am sure Barry was to you too.

So sorry for your loss.
Old 26-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Cheers for the kind words guys. Makes me feel alot better. I will post up a couple of my favourite shots of Barry, hopefully so people will realize the connection they have with their pet, and strengthen it. I am glad my last moments with Baz where me waking up at 6.20 this morning, giving him a feed and a hug and thinking fondly of him as I drove to work. I got the chance to say good bye, so I am very happy for that. I doted on him, and he will never be forgotten. Thanks again, Naish
Game. Reinvented.

Old 26-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I agree this is terrible.

My buddy Max passed away and thats why I don't think I want another one as I'm scared that the day will come again :(

All the best mate.

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Beaut looking dog you have there

As much as it hurts, remember all the good times you had with him, thats what always makes me smile, even if it is of you replanting your entire garden, only to come home the next night and have to re-plant the entire thing again

Our pets are extensions of ourselves
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
Beaut looking dog you have there

As much as it hurts, remember all the good times you had with him, thats what always makes me smile, even if it is of you replanting your entire garden, only to come home the next night and have to re-plant the entire thing again

Our pets are extensions of ourselves
Well said - couldn't put it better myself.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #13
dandandandan

So sorry for your loss.

I hope the memories of your dog will stay with you and will always be cherished.

BA MKII XR6T, Vixen, Leather, Sunroof.
Stock as a rock... Till after xmas :evil3:
dandandandan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #14
lemon
The "Rose"

My heart is with you and your family.Iam sorry for your loss,like they say man`s best friend
lemon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #15
iCat
doof doof doof doof

their love is just so total, that's why it hurts so much when they leave us. there is no human equivilent who will love you so unquestionably.

barry looks very handsome i'd like to see some more photos if you can manage it..
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #16
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strike XR6
I don't think I want another one as I'm scared that the day will come again :(
That is a horrible attitude, and I feel the same way! And worse, I won't allow my children the joy of a Dog for the fear that one day, inevitably, I will see the pain in their little eyes! I am a sad little man! :

Naish,

Sorry for your loss. Chin up, remember the joyous times and the love Barry brought to you.

And another thing, the sales rep would likely be devestated, and will live with this the rest of his life!

Mike (currently crying)
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #17
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Lost our family german shephard off the back of a ute. He was tied in but the lead was a fraction to long. Got dragged under the ute and died. He'd been to all the 3 kids "Show and tell" at school, been away with us everywhere, was part of the family. You have to get another dog, a bloke has to have a dog..........We know the pain your going thru...........
Old 27-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCat
their love is just so total, that's why it hurts so much when they leave us. there is no human equivilent who will love you so unquestionably.

barry looks very handsome i'd like to see some more photos if you can manage it..
Yeah mate, got heaps. He was quite handsome, everybody used to comment on him. I sometimes felt he loved stronger than any human...
Game. Reinvented.

Old 27-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With a tear in my eye I feel for your loss. Like most stories here my family has been through this too with a very much loved family dog. I've never seen my 20yr old son cry so much. Treasure your memories of him. RIP Barry.
Old 27-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Heres a quick pic, off my iphone. loved a tummy rub this pooch did.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 27-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #21
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

a few more photos:
all decked out for christmas 06

brooding

on the beach 2007
Game. Reinvented.

Old 27-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

RIP Barry..

Very sad indeed.. Love my dog!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #23
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

me, 2006, and barry doing something with his paws

Barry and his mate Rupert, playing in my backyard

resting

thats all for now, im still really upset about him being gone, but hope springs eternal. it is this forum's users(complete strangers really!) who have helped me with this the most. so my thanks to everybody for the support.
Naish.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 27-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #24
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I feel sorry for you mate, it was an unfortunete accident, I have lost a dog this way before and know how you feel, but hang in there mate, time heel's old wound's. and in time you may feel that you will want another dog.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #25
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

A sad way to loose your best mate.

A sad day.........

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #26
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Sorry to hear mate, and a sad way to lose your best mate. I know the feeling it happened to me when i was albeit a little younger but i still had the same feeling as he was my dog. Also when we had to put my cat down that we had for 16 years.

RIP Barry.

PS- those christmas pictures are cute
Old 27-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #27
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Tears have been brought to my eyes from the posts you guys posted... My pain is eased because of it. The photos are to be cherished, as they represent 8 years of love for a creature who truly was my best mate.. Always there for me, always happy to see me, loved me unconditionally... As I loved him. My deepest thanks to those who have shared their sympathy and stories.. It is you who I will remember as you helped me through this painful time. My thanks to all.
Regards, Naish
Game. Reinvented.