Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
phoenix99

Default Quick ATM question

So the ATM infront of the bank swallowed my card, this bank is not exactly close by, my question is do just go back to this specific bank and ask for my card back or does it just get disabled and I have to get a completely new card?

Just asking as its not worth giong back to that bank only to find out I cant get the card back, when I can just get a new card over the internet.

Thanks for the help!

phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Jayse
:o

Depends on bank procedure, usually you will need to go back to the same branch within 7-10 days or so. They might be able to forward the card to a closer branch if it makes it easier but you would need to contact them to find out. If not you will have to order a new card with a possible replacement card fee.
Jayse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

If the ATM is your bank (ie XYZ bank and the card you lost is XYZ bank) then just rock up the next day at open time with your ID and you should be able to get your card back OK.

If not, then order a new one.

Big question is why was it swollowed????

It take 3 attempts entering the wrong PIN for it to go, or didnt you pay your last 2 credit card bills?

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
phoenix99

lucky its my bank westpac

My eftpos card expired so it swallowed it. I put in my debit mastercard which only ever use to buy stuff over the internet(never put it into an atm so cant remember the PIN) but I assumed maybe the pin was the same as my eftpos and after 3 attempts....it swallowed it.

Nothng suss!
phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As above if you can rock up at opening they might give it back to you. I called up the commonwealth after this happened to me and they told me procedure is to cut them up. They were pretty good about it all as it was kinda their fault it happened, Linked my accounts all to my credit card set me up a pin number and offered to give me interest free on the credit card for 2 months. I went into the bank the next day and they said they usually hold onto the card for a few hours to see if someone comes to claim them then cut them up.
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post