Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU courtesy lights

hi,
just a quick question, i've got an AU1 nov 98 build XR6 VCT, one of my back courtesy lights is broken and i've got to replace it was wondering if any one knows if there supposed to turn on when the door is opened or the cars unlocked as mine don't.

cheers

EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Courtesy lights

Hi Ive got an AU Fairmont 1998 and the courtesy lights have a small switch on them which turns them on from the inside or they can be switched the other way and they come on when you open the doors
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool thanks that means there both broken cause there permanently switched the other way and the dont turn on when i open the doors.
Old 14-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic-ed
cool thanks that means there both broken cause there permanently switched the other way and the dont turn on when i open the doors.
Just pull them out and and have a look at the plastic tab that is in contact with switch, Sometimes they melt from being on for a long period of time.

I just used a soldering iron and remelted the plastic in my old au and it worked fine after that.

Regards, Woody
WoodysXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYS_XR6
Just pull them out and and have a look at the plastic tab that is in contact with switch, Sometimes they melt from being on for a long period of time.

I just used a soldering iron and remelted the plastic in my old au and it worked fine after that.

Regards, Woody
i've looked at them but they look fine i think it's just worn out cause one doesnt work at all while the other turns on when you switch it on.
Old 15-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know mine dont always make a good contact. Sometimes, if you press down on the switch it turns on, but turns off again when you let go. I'll have to give them a clean at some point.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

it must be an AU thing as mine used to do that but now they seem to work fine
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
AU1114ME
Starter Motor

Wish I had tried to solder mine before I bought 2 new ones from ford for $56. After reading this post I went to the shed, found the old ones(I never throw anything away) got out the soldering iron and fixed them both, now got 2 working spare lights.

Thanks Guys
AU1114ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post