Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
timmo

Default AU XR8 Ute Fuel Pump?

Hey guys, recently purchased an 02 XR8 Ute with 145k on it, and just after a few opinions.
The ute is running a bit rough, and from reading up on the forums a bit...and from a general seat of the pants opinion, it's a fuel issue. Tried to work backwards, and I've replaced everything bar the leads/coil packs and the fuel pump. The fuel pump is the next step, and if this fails I'll get the coil packs and leads.. Rather than replacing with the stock option, what fuel pump should I be looking at for it?

Thanks ahead.

timmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
timmo

any thoughts guys?
Old 27-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would go the coil pack and leads first then the fuel pump. they dont normally go first , but if a replacement is needed, Walbro is the way to go

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
DW260

Start fault finding with the components that are the cheapest and easiest to replace.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW260
Start fault finding with the components that are the cheapest and easiest to replace.
As above, A bottle or two of injector cleaner is cheap.

Then go to a ford dealer or auto electrician and get them to run a scan tool diagnostic test but tell them you only want to spend one hour on it then call you. They should have a good idea whats wrong in that time frame.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
timmo

Thanks guys. Already run two lots of injector cleaner through it, and had the 150k service, which the fuel pump was fingered as the problem. Add to this that it runs infinately better on a full tank than on low. Which tends to a fuel issue rather than a spark issue.
regardless of this, the car didn't have an air cleaner in it when purchased (not happy), so initial concerns were piston sleeves, seems to have been avoided though.
I'm currently chasing more power anyway, so I'd rather spend the money now (even if it is overkill) on performance products, than have to spend it twice.
Any specifics on what furel pump to get? s in style code?