Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

but mine is practically a stocker and the gearbox doesnt like it :
Old 07-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #32
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Who was the gearbox guy, so I can avoid going there.
Mines up for a rebuild asap, soaking up too much power for my liking.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontPom
I don't live too far from Kew... was that you I heard hooning a Ford straight 6 past my house last night at around 11pm ? :
Yes it was me..i was trying to make sure it wasnt going to break.

The box had kevlar bands and heavy duty clutches...it shouldnt break.. Remember it is box no 4..

The car is good to take the modified power. I am yet to be convinced that ford have a reliable auto box but i may be surprised yet.
The car is running the smoothest ever. The fix was filter and oil. Yes

Blooody oil

Bloody me lol

Pink bits...i was in far kew 2...nice area...

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Smile

I got back to Sydney at 6:30 pm ..left 8am from Kew. Guys I have since received all of my emails and pm's and just wanted to thank you all for your kindness/support. I am speechless at the amount of support from you guys.

Gk ..I would have loved to meet you mate but couldnt log on until the next day..I was pretty dissapointed that we didnt get to grab a brew and let you have a drive of the wagon.

I walked right around KEW every morning..It was a nice area to stay. That cChinese restaurant across from woolies in kew rocked..

Thanks for the offer woosha.. wagin and guys..

The car came home like a dream .It was smooth as ever to drive and went very nicely..thanks everyone for your help..

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 08-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #35
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
I am yet to be convinced that ford have a reliable auto box but i may be surprised yet.

C4 perhaps even a stock one should take you're power
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #36
Stav
Smile

well it sounded too good to be true. I am ultra lucky. Today here in sydney the box blew to smitherines. Its getting gearbox number 5. Ford cannot build gearboxes. It seems that the problem is a manufacturing weakness

Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #37
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ahahahahaha!!!!! Stav, what are you doing to them mate? Good to see you got home, but gee, what a rough trot. Seriously, get a ZF 6, that would be freaking sweet.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #38
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Ahahahahaha!!!!! Stav, what are you doing to them mate? Good to see you got home, but gee, what a rough trot. Seriously, get a ZF 6, that would be freaking sweet.
I am scared of ford auto boxes mate. The bill today is 1650 dollars. I wanted to get a manual box thrown in but I needed alot more than that.

It was said to me that some shaft on the ford boxes are a very weak link so they have modified theirs and aparently welded this mystical part..This is a common occurance on a stock car too.. Adding a hi stall convertor to the au box is litterally suicide...

Sox ..you are right..I should have thrown in a manual..at least I could go to work with unbroken gears. I have had to move tommorows work load to next week and lucky my customer understands.
The wagon wont be back to the drags anymore and yes I am retiring it.It is a big black hole and an expense no one really needs.
On the other hand I feel like I had a miracle behind me and my family to get me to Melbourne then back home..then blow to smitherines in Sydney traffic. 3 cars behind me was a tow truck which was on his way to Parramatta and he pulled me off a dangerous spot and to the tranny place.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #39
Stav
Smile

For what happened though I feel very calm and just another day at the office. It happens...and it seems to happen alot to me ..lol.. I just hope these guys give me a decent box.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #40
Stav
Smile

Well I just got a phone call from the auto place. They said they will not warrant my box with the 2500 stallie . I do not blame them.

A stock convertor is going in and I will drive the car normally from here on in.. I had alot of fun with the wagon and not many can hold a genuine 14.2 timeslip for a sixpack au. I am proud but it really looks like the nail in the coffin for the performance of this car.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #41
Cam
Stroking it...

bad luck mate, you really do have no luck with gearboxes!

I still cant understand how you are killing so many boxes, i had a stock auto in my AU with a 2700 stallie and it lasted 9 months before i killed it (and its not like i babied the thing!). I now have a rebuilt box with kevlar bands and upgraded clutches etc and other then the usual (on time :P) service I have not had to touch it since, and I dare say i have slightly more power and tourqe then you wagon

Seems like there has to be something else causing this?! Well other then missing services :P Or am I just crazy?
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #42
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
bad luck mate, you really do have no luck with gearboxes!

I still cant understand how you are killing so many boxes, i had a stock auto in my AU with a 2700 stallie and it lasted 9 months before i killed it (and its not like i babied the thing!). I now have a rebuilt box with kevlar bands and upgraded clutches etc and other then the usual (on time :P) service I have not had to touch it since, and I dare say i have slightly more power and tourqe then you wagon

Seems like there has to be something else causing this?! Well other then missing services :P Or am I just crazy?
I do..lets just say there is a stock vy vz commie at the the lights. In spirited takeoff they would be left behind!! Thats probably why it wrecked. I have a trans temp gauge and I know that the box never ever ever overheated ..never!!! Not once. heat doent kill boxes..I kill boxes.Shock on takeoff kills boxes. I had kevalr bands and better clutches too but those got lunched as well. It just made the soup in the transmission sump thicker and tastier. They said theyve never seen a ford box as broken as mine.It was the brokenest of broken.They said it didnt look like a gearbox but broken metal pieces everywhere!! They said it was a miracle I got home as well.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #43
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
They said theyve never seen a ford box as broken as mine. It was the brokenest of broken.
Stuff legends are made from.....
Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #44
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
I do..lets just say there is a stock vy vz commie at the the lights. In spirited takeoff they would be left behind!! Thats probably why it wrecked.
I see what you mean, probably somehwere close the the same feeling i get sitting at lights with no cars around and 265's on the rear, gotta love strokers :

All that aside, IMO gearboxes should be lasting better longer then that, especially modded!
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.

Last edited by Cam; 09-01-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #45
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
I see what you mean, probably somehwere close the the same feeling i get sitting at lights with no cars around and 265's on the rear, gotta love strokers :

All that aside, IMO gearboxes should be lasting better longer then that, especially modded!
I know that. What is amazing is it travelled 960 killometres yesterday without a hitch. Its one of those things that should be on x files ..

Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #46
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Stuff legends are made from.....
Hahaha ..definately. We have become legends here mate...its been a long time