Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

Default a very long shot but but you might know of this car

this is a very long shot and but i am desperated to get this car back
when i moved to Perth from Adelaide i sold my 1988 EA S pack. that was bout 5 years ago.
Now after all this time i have really regreted selling it and am trying to chase it down so hopefully i can buy it back
the car was still pretty stock standard but have alot of senitmental valve to me
info on car it was a 1988 EA Spack CFI 6 cyclinder paint in pearl green a light brown really. plates were UPS 313 the car sold still be in SA
if you are the owner or maybe know the owner of this car it would be great if you could get in contact with me

and yes i am currently talking to DTEI SA, they will send a letter out to the last registered owner as car hadnt been registered since 2006. so dont know if car will still be there, or even if owner will ring me

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Any pics asusdragon ?
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

sure

though alloys were removed before sale would have stock std hubcaps back on
and maybe the exhaust fix i stuffed it up when i put it on, half is 2.25 and the the mid 2.5. i didnt really know much bout cars back when i owed it. the mid section rusted and i went up to pull apart and grabbed one of a wreak and it had full sports exhuast on it only paid like $20 for the mid section wish i had know back then oh well

Quote:
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Sweet. She looks pretty neat mate. I wish you well in tracking it down and hope it has been looked after. Cheers, Adam.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EA's are for sale everywhere, instead of wasting your time trying to track one you owned half a decade ago, buy one in decent condition, wont set you back bugger all.
5 years is a long time, could be sitting in a wreckers, or a completely different car now.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I miss mine aswell, probably because it was my first car...
Now its a pizza delivery car, and absolutely feral inside (i kept the interior immaculate)

Just the first car blues, most of us have it, but i would say buy another and see how it 'feels' to ya...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

not interested in buying another car i got my BA and the work ute, i just really want this one back has it has alot of sentimental valve me. its not even my first car either and im not fussed on what it might cost me. coz i going to have to pay to get it transported over to WA
not going to go into the reasons why its got so much sentimental valve. I have been talking to DTEI SA for the last week and there records show the car isnt wreaked, written off or stolen but hasnt been registered since 2006.
i was really just asking if anyone had seen the car or maybe knew the owner. not interested in what i could or should do, sorry but thanks your your input anyway

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
Josh L
Laser Driver?

Hey Mate.

I wish you well in finding your car.

If it means anything to you, I still long after two of my cars, but I remind myself that certain things happen for a reason and for instance:

I had a 1988 Nissan Exa, it was my 2nd Exa in fact, loved it to all buggery, but I sold it to buy a mate's Falcon ute, then I did a burnout in that ute at my old work site and got kicked from the company and got a higher paying job which in turn I used to buy my EF Falcon (which I love more than any car I have had before). The way I see it, if I had never sold my Exa, I would never have ended up with 1) a higher paying job and 2) never would've got my EF Falcon and 3) would never have worked out illegal burnouts aren't as impressive as I had previously thought.

I also had myself an '86 Toyota Landcruiser, I had hours and hours of fun and MANY memorable times in that 'cruiser. Family times and many others. I even proposed to my mrs while she was sitting on the bullbar (she said yes). I always will regret selling my 'cruiser.

If someone came to me and said they had found my old 'cruiser and that I could buy it back, I would have second thoughts, mainly because someone else has now owned, treated it differently to how I would've and have had their own memories in the car.

I dunno why some of us end up with really what is strong emotional attachment towards a car, but we do, like it's a family member. My dad has the same woes with previous cars, just as I do and just as you do.

I wish you all the best in finding YOUR car... if you're unsuccessful, I wish you all the best with moving on.

Josh.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

yeh cheers mate, yeh if the car is pretty much wreaked or i am unsuccesful i still have my BA, but if it still is reasonable condition they i wont mind fixing it back up agian. but hey will need top wait and see what happens
i have always regreted selling this car and at the moment cash wise i am in the best postion to get her back if its possible, so want to do it now. and hopefully the last 5 years have been good to her and she hasnt been thrashed/wreaked

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2008, 02:17 AM   #10
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

just thought i would post these up for you, i did track down the owner letter was only sent off yesterday and he replied just before and well not good news
2.5years ago when the owner crashed it

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #11
5L
[ 5L ]

it'll buff out
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #12
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jesus, they crashed it goodly!

i'd say it was from torque steer as that kenwood sticker was putting an extra 50kw's to the left hand wheel
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugga matey.

Condolences to you :(

Only consolation is that at least now you wont wonder what happened.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #14
Dezza
Parts bin special

Bugger. I don't think I could ever sell the EA for that reason alone. If it needs to, it could sit locked up in a shed for 20 years, until the day that I decide it's time for it to come back out of hiding. It's worth nothing anyway.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow that is a utter shame dude... Thats the exact reason i could never bring myself to sell the EF. Because i fear it would end up the same as your old ea... Sorry man
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #16
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

yeh, i wish i never sold it but my parents made me as i was no longer in SA. going to get in contact with the wreaker though it is 2.5years old those photos so car will be long gone, but the car was never written off, so guessing the plate were never returned so going to try chasing then down, at lest i will get some of her back

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
gngtho
Banned

pm sent
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 01:12 AM   #18
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

I reckon good on ya for at least finding it. The chances were against you - especially for it being unlicensed.

I wish i could track down my datsun 200B - Canary yellow!!!

A lot of people think a car is just a piece of metal with wheels but most car lovers get attached to a particular vehicle for a reason. Weather they had there first kiss in it or even the chances that there child was born in it! :
Old 07-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #19
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Mate that sux the big one. Well done for tracking it down though. At least you can move on from here. What is your next move ?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #20
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

not much still trying to find out what wreaker it went to just going to hopefully get the number plates (they were never surended) and the complainace plates off it. Though going to be hard as the car went to the wreakers 2.5years ago, so doubt theres anything left, or it has be crushed and go to the scrap metal yard.
so really thats it now,
i got my BA now so will keep working away with, and well the EA will just stay as a memory now

Quote:
Quote: