Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
Paxton
Cobblers!

Default Disappointed...

I took my Wife out for dinner tonight, and we went for the last screening of Indiana Jones at Gold Class (or whatever Hoyts call it) in at Fox Studios. I'm not parking her car anywhere I can't see it just yet, so we took the Falcon.

At the conclusion of the Movie, we dawdled, had a coffee and went back to the car. Lying next to the car was a black thing, but because of the light, I initially thought it was a Thong that I kicked out of the car when I got out. On closer inspection, it appears that somebody didn't like the look of my car with two wing mirrors in it, and that one had to have its glass removed and smashed on the ground. I'm not worried about getting it replaced; that's a non issue, but my big gripe is the fact that people have the balls to walk right up and damage somebody else's property like that.

My other worry is whether I'll have to buy a new mirror assembly, or just the glass. I'll whack some pictures up in the morning, and simmer over the disappointment of humanity over night.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
efI_Fairmont

Sorry to hear that mate, that is very disappointing indeed. It's quite a disgrace when you can't even leave your car in a public car park without fear of it being vandalised. Sad to think there are so many low-life's out there.

Hope the damage isn't too bad and your able to get it repaired easily enough.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
iliov
Banned

People that damage other peoples property are the lowest of low. Take comfort in knowing karma will bite them on the *** sooner or later.
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
I took my Wife out for dinner tonight, and we went for the last screening of Indiana Jones at Gold Class (or whatever Hoyts call it) in at Fox Studios. I'm not parking her car anywhere I can't see it just yet, so we took the Falcon.

At the conclusion of the Movie, we dawdled, had a coffee and went back to the car. Lying next to the car was a black thing, but because of the light, I initially thought it was a Thong that I kicked out of the car when I got out. On closer inspection, it appears that somebody didn't like the look of my car with two wing mirrors in it, and that one had to have its glass removed and smashed on the ground. I'm not worried about getting it replaced; that's a non issue, but my big gripe is the fact that people have the balls to walk right up and damage somebody else's property like that.

My other worry is whether I'll have to buy a new mirror assembly, or just the glass. I'll whack some pictures up in the morning, and simmer over the disappointment of humanity over night.
You work hard and idiots make you pay harder!

Feel your pain, and understand you not taking the Mrs' car out... we havent taken our E53 anywhere yet either.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Scum, prob some drunk that walked into the mirror although I have given mine a fair whack a few times and it has not broken.

Lucky you didnt take the Bmw X5...............
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
Paxton
Cobblers!

Thanks guys.

On closer inspection, they've also cracked the mirror housing (the bit in Body Colour), which means I'll have to get another Gunmetal Mirror (which won't be an easy task).

I rang my insurance company, and they won't come to the party unless I pay an excess, so I'm not interested there. Whilst I'm searchig, I'll just go to a mirror place in the Shire to get something in the interim. If anybody sees a Drivers Side Gunmetal Mirror, can they PM Me please.

I might as well ask this now; do BA/BF mirrors fit an EF Falcon?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Thats no good at all mate, it's horrible people can do that. I've been lucky so far with my car, all's I've had stolen from it was the front 2 auto technica valve caps on the wheels, they were fancy ones. Happened in Apollo Bay either right next to me at the camp site or at the carpark in broad daylight at the beach.

I'm not sure if you can just buy the glass, if not find a cheap mirror and put the glass in from that.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
Dezza
Parts bin special

It sucks to hear that. I know the feeling of having a car vandalised. I've still got the keymarks down the passenger side that I received shortly before christmas. Hopefully you can find a second-handy in the right colour. I know you can buy brand new EF/EL mirrors on ebay painted to your colour, but it isn't cheap (still cheaper than going to a spraypainter though). I bought mine off that mob on ebay, and am happy with the job they did.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #9
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know the pain aswell when i use to park the Mont out on the road some morons get real close to parked cars (Bunney Rd near the Old Quarry in case u wonder its were i live). 1 Monday morning 1 of them got real close so close it smashed the right hand mirror clean out bent it back aswell 100 buck latter new mirror was installed. I didnt bother get it color coded so it was just black then i accdently smashed the left hand 1 due to a tight spot so i had black ears on it
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it is of any help, there is a guy on Ebay who sells EF/EL wing mirrors painted in any factory colour. All you have to do is supply him your paint code when ordering.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear Paxton. I did replace the mirror glass on my old EL XR a few years ago. Was then about $35 from Ford. Maybe if you can repair the housing somewhow and just get the glass if they still have it...
Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN
If it is of any help, there is a guy on Ebay who sells EF/EL wing mirrors painted in any factory colour. All you have to do is supply him your paint code when ordering.
I mentioned it 2 posts above yours.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
I mentioned it 2 posts above yours.
Oh noes... Dezza is ****ed off!! lol

Sorry to hear about the mirror Paxton... I accidently did that to my mates car once (Ironically a gunmetal EF XR6 too...) whilst walking past it in a car park.

Luckily it was just a case of popping everything back into place.

Good luck with finding a new gunmetal one. Perhaps even a set of black Gli ones? They wouldn't look out of place on a gunmetal car with tinted windows.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
Nah, I'm right

You'd know when I'm ****ed off! The sleeping madman (the sleeping giant expression doesn't work with me as I'm already a giant) from within wakes up when I'm ****ed off.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia

Sorry to hear about the mirror Paxton... I accidently did that to my mates car once (Ironically a gunmetal EF XR6 too...) whilst walking past it in a car park.

Luckily it was just a case of popping everything back into place.

Good luck with finding a new gunmetal one. Perhaps even a set of black Gli ones? They wouldn't look out of place on a gunmetal car with tinted windows.
Nah, I'm leaving it as is. I gave Henry (Ford) $55 today for a new piece of glass, and unless the mirror itself snaps off (with the car in Ford's hands, it is likely to), I'm not going to worry about the crack.