Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #31
zetec
Zoom Zoom

LOL

Take the down, the disrespecting cow. That she laughed is what sealed her fate personally. Along with car theft, it's the lowest form of disrecpect in society I reckon.
Old 28-06-2005, 01:01 AM   #32
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute
Report it.
After being screwed over by some mongrel that cleaned up my ute,
I don't care if they have 15 kids, on the dole and can't afford a doughnut,
it all comes back to respecting other peoples property.

Ed
That's the hinge isn't it? Respecting other people's property ... so sadly lacking in society these days. Call the coppers and let them pay a visit. She may not be so flippant to them, may in future take a little more care, and you may very well save someone else the same misfortune ....
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 08:19 AM   #33
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Okay, I'm not going to make a federal case out of it but I'm going to go report it so I have it down on paper incase I need to make a claim further down the track. The lower half of the car is covered in gunk due to Sydney being a little wet the last few days so it could be hiding something a little more sinister.

People make mistakes but manuevering a low speed car around a car park can't be that hard and the fact she laughed about it is what irked me, I would have loved to have caught her doing it. If plod pays her a visit, maybe she'll take a little more care on the road and save someone else's pride and joy being hit.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #34
HOON69
Banned

report it.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

If NSW police will follow it up, then report it.

I know the Vic police wouldn't.

The coppers say they will ask them to provide you with the womans details so you can report it with your insurer.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #36
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

lol hire a hitman all they need is the plate... no seriously if you need to know where she lives just make a call to a P.I they find out where she is in no time at all. she must pay, you can't go round hitting ppl's cars and thinking its funny. what is funny though is having someone in the passanger seat holding onto a wheelie bin and driving quite fast past her car and lettin go of the ol wheelie bin...does nice amount of damage! just my thought

remember revenge is a dish best served cold--kill bill

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #37
BJ
Banned

Build a bridge and get over it. You said you have fixed most of the damage so why bother? Just put it down as one of lifes lessons.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #38
kaytonk
Moopheus?

enough of this misguided karma bit. The idea is you do something nice and it comes back to you, not you let someone get away with doing something wrong, and the same will happen when you do something wrong, you shouldnt be doing something wrong in the first place. Couple months back I had someone run into the back of my car while i was in it, then they bolted, I let it slide as there was no real damage i could see, since then I have seen the same car almost wipeout another two vehicles.
Report Her.

Last edited by kaytonk; 28-06-2005 at 12:39 PM.
kaytonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #39
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Build a bridge and get over it. You said you have fixed most of the damage so why bother? Just put it down as one of lifes lessons.
What the lesson of sitting down and just accepting it big time from societies degenerates? Yeah right, you cant be serious.

Letting it go is one thing, but seeing it as a lesson......

Get the authorities on to her case, a swift warning may change her driving style.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #40
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
What the lesson of sitting down and just accepting it big time from societies degenerates? Yeah right, you cant be serious.

Letting it go is one thing, but seeing it as a lesson......

Get the authorities on to her case, a swift warning may change her driving style.
yes true, otherwise they probably think its alright to hit ppl's cars, have a laugh and then p!ss off.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #41
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

I was of the opinion it was illiegal to hit someone's car and simply leave the scene. The dmage may be minor - but you have to ask... if she had crumpled a few panels, busted a light and ruined a bumper, would the reaction have been the same? I'll go out on a limb and say probably.

CH7472, i cant help but feel if someone backed into that monster of an XC you would be a little irate about the whole incident. I fail to see the lesson which can be taken. To do nothing would just perpetuate the continued fall in basic community values.

Report this sick, twisted individual. Its highly unlikely that much will come of it but the thought of this person laughing, driving away and going about their business does not sit well with me.
Old 28-06-2005, 04:49 PM   #42
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Well, if you dont, you wasted that nice person's time who wrote down the plate number. Try to reclaim some time or money you will inevitably lose from this apparently hillarious incident...
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #43
hamo
since the beginning

being minor damage, is it possible she didn't notice anything...and thought it wouldn't be necessary to leave a note saying 'i just bumped into it'. some woman don't notice marks on cars like we do.

and getting a persons details from a number plate for $5 in NZ.....thats just scary.

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #44
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
If NSW police will follow it up, then report it.

I know the Vic police wouldn't.

The coppers say they will ask them to provide you with the womans details so you can report it with your insurer.

My mum reveresed into a car and her towbar just slightly hit the underside of a commodores front bar. It was at night she got out and inspected but didnt see any damage to either car so she drove off.

The next day the cops ring because it turns out someone saw it and thought there might have been damage so they left a note with my mums plates and the lady reported it the police who then got onto my mum.

It turned out to only be a very tiny mark on the front bar but she reported to the Vic police and her insurer got the money, so it is worht it no matter how big or small.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 04:07 AM   #45
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Honestly just let it go.

You will be better off for it.

My wife is the worlds worst parker. french from Paris and if you have ever been you will understand why 'touch' parking is just normal.

Anyway her Citroen has dents and scratches all round............
Please for the good of the world (and people that live in a country that dislike "touch parking"
Teach your wife how to park or instruct her to have more than 1 go at it.
There could be a thread or two about the damage she's done to other peoples property on this or another forum.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #46
mutanti
Turbo

When a south african looking person hit the laser in melb and was about to drive of when I caught him (I showed him damage) I had got his details, After rining insurance with his details I went to the local cop shop and asked them if the owner of rego lived in ST Albans as he said he did - They gave me his address , I then drove past and checked and the offending vehicle was in drivway.
Wanted to make sure just in case of any issues but insurance fixed all problems with him.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #47
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If its that minor and there is no visible damage anymore, I wouldnt waste the cops time - i reckon they would have better things to do.

Besides if the damage is all gone then so is any evidence that the event even happened.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post