Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #31
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

The Autoglym vinyl and rubber protectant is very good and has a nice lemon smell to it. Though I do find that if you don't buff it off after applying, it makes the dash very shiny and this reflects onto the windscreen.

Next time I'm going to try Pinnacle vinyl and rubber protectant. It's a bit dearer than the standard stuff but I love their polish and waxs. Their leather conditioner is also the best stuff I've ever used.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #32
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
The Autoglym vinyl and rubber protectant is very good and has a nice lemon smell to it. Though I do find that if you don't buff it off after applying, it makes the dash very shiny and this reflects onto the windscreen.

Next time I'm going to try Pinnacle vinyl and rubber protectant. It's a bit dearer than the standard stuff but I love their polish and waxs. Their leather conditioner is also the best stuff I've ever used.
For my interior vinyl, I am using wolfgang black diamond tire gel four times a year.
Once cured, provides a jet black finish that is not greasy.
Old 27-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #33
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
For my interior vinyl, I am using wolfgang black diamond tire gel four times a year.
Once cured, provides a jet black finish that is not greasy.
I was just reading up on the wolfgang tire gel last night actually. That's another one to keep in the back of my mind, Ta.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 04:13 AM   #34
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

silicone spray is the coot i use it everywhere i drench my dash in it lol it looks like my dash is underwater sometimes
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 08:17 AM   #35
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
silicone spray is the coot i use it everywhere i drench my dash in it lol it looks like my dash is underwater sometimes
Jamie - I use wolfgang tire gel on the top wing of my car's bi plane double decker spoiler. It's black now, was brown when I got the car.
Clayed it, cleansed it with four star and polish and coated with wolfgang and after curing time of an hour, applied optimum protectant plus
I re apply optimum once every couple washes