Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
nitroman
nitroman

Default Junkies in childrens playground

: Twice a week my missus takes my two kids (boy 3yrs, girl 1yr) to a childrens playgroup twice a week. They have recently been finding junkies needles lying around the grass around the building, so one of the ladies went to the cops to get something done about it and the response was " There are no patrols after midnight so you'll have to put up a sharps box for the needles" EXCUSE ME! Isn't shooting up narcotics (in a public place used by children) highly illegal and what we pay these M'cdonalds junkies to stamp out? As if someone smacked off their heads in the middle of the night is going to be looking for a sharps box!

GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

my aunt worked at a playgroup/childcare center that was in the 'bad end' of town, every moring they would have to check the parimiter for sharps

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps grab a few people in the aria who are concerned, and organise a drive by a few nights a week with a spot light and if any are spotted give them a very unfriendly *%^& Off!!! or you will have a close encounter with the blunt end of a steel pipe.

What are the Junkies going to do report it to the cop's. LMAO
Old 04-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X

What are the Junkies going to do report it to the cop's. LMAO
well no, but they could jab you with their disease ridden needles...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Kryton

have you approached the local council about it?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #6
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
have you approached the local council about it?
They (council) have fitted different bulbs to most of the public toilets and areas up here because of junkies. They can't see the vain with these new bulbs. I would definately be complaining to the council and see what their response is.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
nitroman
nitroman

It hasn't got to the council yet. Who do you talk to, the Mayor? I just cant believe the cops can't do anything!
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 05-04-2008, 02:34 AM   #8
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

This is clearly a police issue. I would suggest putting the complaint IN WRITING to the Officer in Charge fo the local police station. Things must happen then.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
Spaced out junky with needle, me with 4ft of Steel pipe, Take the *&^%'s knee out followed by size 13 Steel Blue boot to the head then ill Stab him with his own ^&%$ing needle.

Mate if these people are going to leave there used needles around for little kids to get poked with and the cop's are not going to do anything then, you have to A> stop taking ya kids to the park or B> get a Mob together and sort the *&^%ers out.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I know its a big issue, but some councils have started using the blue lights at night, stop the idiots from finding veins.

I dont want to downplay your situation but the drug problem is not limited to your park, and take into account some of the police officers dont have kids so they dont have your passion of protection.

Nor should they spend their time going around to parks cleaning them.

Start with the council, local resident group etc and make a move from there.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
nang3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
better use a shotty then to keep distance !!

you'd think they would at least have the decency to get rid of their needles after using them because of the kids, but i guess it just goes to show how they really dont give a about anything except their next hit... en junkie scum!!
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
nitroman
nitroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
better use a shotty then to keep distance !!

you'd think they would at least have the decency to get rid of their needles after using them because of the kids, but i guess it just goes to show how they really dont give a about anything except their next hit... en junkie scum!!

No, ballistic tipped .223 bullets will do the trick :evil3:
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
ingall9

its a touchy issue, i agree with you, junkies need to be exterminated, or at least the bastards who sell the stuff. Why would the police bother wasting their time when concils give this filth injecting rooms to go to. How can something be classes as illegal yet they are given a legal place to go to shoot up illegal substances without the fear of being arrested. There needs to be a zero tolerance approach and the money wasted on injection rooms needs to be spent on rehabilitating or actually dealing with the problem not giving them somewhere to go and do it.
ingall9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #14
XM-221
Show me your boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroman
.50 Cal from 1mile out.... Should be safe from there hey
XM-221 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
ingall9

Quote:
thats it, Chopper Reid had the right idea, kill the lot of them :

I am a teacher and hear about all the stuff the kids i teach come into contact with. Its scary as a parent knowing that when my young bloke is old enough he will be at parties etc with friends and drugs will be doing the rounds. You cant lock your kids up in cotton wool and never let them out, but the best weapon needs to be education, some of the kids i teach say the stupidest things about drugs. Things like its just harmless fun or i am young its ok to experiment. they just dont get how dangerous the stuff is, anyone joe blow can make the stuff and there is no quality control, you are buying a substance to shoot into your arm having no idea what the quality is. You might as well play russian roullette
Old 05-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #16
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Mindless junkie f#@!wits need to be wiped out. End of story. Using and then dumping needles in a kids environment really pi$$es me off.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #17
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps talk to the local media who in turn will ask questions of the Local Member of Parliament who in turn will discreetly confer with the Police Minister who in turn will make sure the problem "goes away" with as little fuss as possible so as not to draw attention to this nasty and unsavoury issue that is taking place within their electorate.......problem solved.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #18
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

A mate of mine used shoot competitively (air rifle), most nights he'd use the junkies across the road as target practice, shoot the syringes right out of thier hands, the looks on thier faces were priceless :togo:

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #19
nitroman
nitroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingall9
thats it, Chopper Reid had the right idea, kill the lot of them :

I am a teacher and hear about all the stuff the kids i teach come into contact with. Its scary as a parent knowing that when my young bloke is old enough he will be at parties etc with friends and drugs will be doing the rounds. You cant lock your kids up in cotton wool and never let them out, but the best weapon needs to be education, some of the kids i teach say the stupidest things about drugs. Things like its just harmless fun or i am young its ok to experiment. they just dont get how dangerous the stuff is, anyone joe blow can make the stuff and there is no quality control, you are buying a substance to shoot into your arm having no idea what the quality is. You might as well play russian roullette
It's one thing for a young person to experiment with drugs because it's something they know about and it is a decision that they have total control of, no matter how stupid it is.
When my beautiful one year old baby girl and my three year old lunatic son are exposed to the aftermath of these idiots having "fun" through no fault of their own, only playing where they are supposed to be I just want to do anything possible to protect my children. I don't want to wrap them in cotton wool like a 110k speed limit, danger is part of life. I just don't want them stepping into a mine feild every time they go to play with their freinds.
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #20
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
This is clearly a police issue. I would suggest putting the complaint IN WRITING to the Officer in Charge fo the local police station. Things must happen then.
The officer who told nitroman was right. At midnight they turn out the lights at most police stations in country NSW. For anyone to patrol that area they would have to come from Cootamundra. Thanks to govt cutbacks years ago Coota often has to cover most villages from Tumut through to Young.

Your local politician would be a good place to start
Old 06-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #21
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
A mate of mine used shoot competitively (air rifle), most nights he'd use the junkies across the road as target practice, shoot the syringes right out of thier hands, the looks on thier faces were priceless :togo:
Haha...and no real harm done if he misses

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #22
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
It hasn't got to the council yet. Who do you talk to, the Mayor? I just cant believe the cops can't do anything!
I think you approach your local member of parliment

Thats pretty terrible, some junkies stupid life choices, and laziness of leaving a needle where a toddler could step on it and in turn possibly ruin their life, kill the bastards !
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #23
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Spaced out junky with needle, me with 4ft of Steel pipe, Take the *&^%'s knee out followed by size 13 Steel Blue boot to the head then ill Stab him with his own ^&%$ing needle.

Mate if these people are going to leave there used needles around for little kids to get poked with and the cop's are not going to do anything then, you have to A> stop taking ya kids to the park or B> get a Mob together and sort the *&^%ers out.
EXACTLY RIGHT some things call for drastic action, i remember a few bad spots in Melbourne in mid 70's where group of cops in our area started at one end of park with chains and clubs and finished at other end with no more trouble for 5 years till the next generation of kids had forgotten or did not believe the stories,great to feel safe walking home from train or tram at night through park,when it involves little kids its time for action f%ck the do goodersmy poor son isavictim of peerpressure gotsmacked as ababysaw toomanyhorror /violentmovie slowlearner pieces ofshit

Last edited by OLDFORDNUT; 06-04-2008 at 09:47 AM.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #24
nods

Yeah go to your local parliament member and tell them the hole
story, about the reaction from the police!! and go to your local
paper! and if that does'nt work get a few of the locals and go and
confront them, thats one way to get the cops there
anyway
248.5kw
316.9@FLYWHEEL
:evil3:
nods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #25
Barry_v
rocknrolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingall9
There needs to be a zero tolerance approach and the money wasted on injection rooms needs to be spent on rehabilitating or actually dealing with the problem not giving them somewhere to go and do it.
so giving them somewhere to inject thats NOT where children are exposed to is a bad idea and it would be more morally satisfying to shoot them?
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Perhaps talk to the local media who in turn will ask questions of the Local Member of Parliament who in turn will discreetly confer with the Police Minister who in turn will make sure the problem "goes away" with as little fuss as possible so as not to draw attention to this nasty and unsavoury issue that is taking place within their electorate.......problem solved.
I have seen this sort of technique work before
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #27
66 coupe
around the place

In addition to the above, ie councils, parliament etc, take a few photo's to go with the complaint, as evidence, if you have no luck, then try the media
Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #28
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
The officer who told nitroman was right. At midnight they turn out the lights at most police stations in country NSW. For anyone to patrol that area they would have to come from Cootamundra. Thanks to govt cutbacks years ago Coota often has to cover most villages from Tumut through to Young.

Your local politician would be a good place to start
I'd drop off a sharps container at his/her front desk everyday with the nights collection, and have the local paper take some photos. EVERY DAY...

Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #29
ingall9

Quote:
It's one thing for a young person to experiment with drugs because it's something they know about and it is a decision that they have total control of, no matter how stupid it is.
When my beautiful one year old baby girl and my three year old lunatic son are exposed to the aftermath of these idiots having "fun" through no fault of their own, only playing where they are supposed to be I just want to do anything possible to protect my children. I don't want to wrap them in cotton wool like a 110k speed limit, danger is part of life. I just don't want them stepping into a mine feild every time they go to play with their freinds.

completely agree mate, i cant see the point in drugs, i dont drink or smoke, cars are the drug off life