Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #31
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
I think someone was molested by a PS2 :Reverend:
Nah...I just think PS2s are no good. PS3 will be good for a while though...until PCs take over once again.

But that is a fact...San Andreas pushed the limits of the PS2 as it was...to put GTA IV on the PS2 would cause the bloody thing to explode.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #32
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

The graphics chip in a PS3 is similar to a 7800, which is what I have in my PC now. So considering the DX10 8 series are out, and newer ones will soon be out, I think consoles have already been overtaken.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #33
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Hold old are the pc is superior to consoles posts? read the freaking link, it has nothing to do with his topic at all. Can't you people get it through your small brain that some gamers prefer console who the hell cares what your preference is, the inital post is about GTAIV so keep it on topic.

It's a shame that GTA has been delayed because the PS3 needs some great titles fast
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:07 AM   #34
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky
Hold old are the pc is superior to consoles posts? read the freaking link, it has nothing to do with his topic at all. Can't you people get it through your small brain that some gamers prefer console who the hell cares what your preference is, the inital post is about GTAIV so keep it on topic.
Woooaahh..pop some prozac mate!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #35
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:

It's a shame that GTA has been delayed because the PS3 needs some great titles fast
The game won't be console exclusive, and I didn't say what was better I was making a point about how its graphics chip is already outdated. Perhaps we should have 3 pages with posts like 'OH THAT SUCKS!' and nothing else, wouldn't that be more exciting for our little brains. Get a life.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #36
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Damn straight! My computer has almost reached the end of it innings,

I've put the fastest graphics card I could find for AGP on it (7800GS+ 512Mb), 2Gb of Highspeed RAM and the Processor (P4 3.0Ghz) just isnt worth upping...I'ts served me very well considering i've had the motherboard/CPU package since 2004.
Just put 2 x 8800GTS in mine... Got to install Vista and try some DX10 games (Though I think there is only 1 out so far)

Tried getting 8800's in Perth lately ? Impossible (Wholesale anyway, not paying retail : )
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #37
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Two of them? Bloody hell. Youll be set for a few years
Old 07-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #38
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Franky's right. There are always a couple having a dig. Not every gamer is a nerd. Some just like to sit on the couch, use a game pad and the tv, pop the game in and thats it. Not everyone CBF'd upgrading hardware all the time.

Anyway, its going to be awesome, and I cant wait to get my PS3.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #39
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

does anyone know whether san andreas was released on the 360? i cant seem to find it..

also cant wait to get this, will be awesome!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #40
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nah dont think it was, you can use the xbox version though.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #41
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
does anyone know whether san andreas was released on the 360? i cant seem to find it..
As Dean said, it was released on the Xbox. Check it out here:

http://au.xbox.ign.com/objects/623/623715.html
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 AM   #42
matt-chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Nah...I just think PS2s are no good. PS3 will be good for a while though...until PCs take over once again.

But that is a fact...San Andreas pushed the limits of the PS2 as it was...to put GTA IV on the PS2 would cause the bloody thing to explode.
You mean to say your PS2 didn't already explode due to the simple fact it was made with the quality standards Russians have for building cars?

On another note...
I wish the console developers would just wise up and sell a freakin' mouse to go with their consoles. I mean , they already come with guitars and dance floors and steering wheels and DVD remotes and snowboards and who knows what else!?! A mouse people. A mouse. Its simple.

... and well done Einstein to anyone who responds to this with "but then it will just be like a PC"... no , its already like that. Same components. Duh. I don't get why people don't about not being able to upgrade their consoles like they about not being able to upgrade a mac.

... and now for the punchline! / smoking gun / the line im drawing / whatever...
why don't we all just buy PCs and plug them into our HD LCD tv's!?!? The console is obsolete people! its a PC in a funky shiny box without the capability to upgrade and a OS that only sometimes runs games when it feels like it. thats crap. stop buying them, just stop. sony is crap. their products fall apart. the xbox 360 is no better.

im done.
matt-chops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #43
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do not have a PS2. Friends do and I have seen the games...butchering.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #44
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
The game won't be console exclusive, and I didn't say what was better I was making a point about how its graphics chip is already outdated. Perhaps we should have 3 pages with posts like 'OH THAT SUCKS!' and nothing else, wouldn't that be more exciting for our little brains. Get a life.
I didn't quote you in my post and wasn't refering to your post so chill a bit.

As you picked on my post I will pick on yours, seeing as that graphics chip you meantioned is as expensive as a whole console you can see why some people prefer the cheaper method of gaming. If you can afford to update your pc then good for you, your a hero
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #45
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

No its not, a 7800 can be picked up for $300. The PS3 is $1000, math class?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #46
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
No its not, a 7800 can be picked up for $300. The PS3 is $1000, math class?
Oh in case you didn't get it I was speaking in terms of RRP, otherwise i could just argue that off ebay I can probably score a NTSC PS3 from Hong Kong for $600 which is equal to the cost of your ram.