Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 11-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Zetec Podded.....

Hey Europeepz,

Today Rice-o-barn rang me up with the news that My adaptor for my throttle body to air intake pipe was ready for pickup, so armed with my pod filter, a hose clamp, some smokes and a couple of mates, The Zetec Fez was podded in the barn' carpark this afternoon.

Hahaha, well, im pretty impressed. At the noise it makes that is. When youre on full throttle, it makes this chunky farting belchy bark that sounds pretty rex like actually, and puts yet another smile on my face. On part throttle, it makes this turbo-ey sucking whistle that could be mistaken for a turbo.

And as for how it's set up..

All I need is a blow-off valve :

Far as Performance goes, it seems a little more responsive but i'm not after performance, and its never gonna be like my old Manual 4Litre EF.... It does sound nuts though, and is a whole shitload of fun. People actually turned today to watch it go past after they heard it!!! The pod makes it all the more of a hoot to drive spiritedly! Love it!

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

As long as you watch the insurance issues, you'll be right as rain!!! Well done!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
neb
hibernating

can you box it up somehow so its only getting cold air? would work better that way but still looks pretty cool and would sound good!
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are you keeping the airbox on?
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

So when it goes for a service, its easy to put it all back together (warranty issues).....
Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Nice one dan, was thinking about a pod for the Focus but a Panel was easier and quicker so i went with it.

I wouldnt worry too much about it at service time, just make sure yuo let them know its on there and not to mess round with it, they shouldnt have a problem.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Nice work! The setup looks really good and well made!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Not bad for using the original piping eh? Very easily done for an engine that I originally thought could never be podded (because of the strange air filter set up...)
Old 13-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

cop heaven :P just about the only thing they are trained to recognise under a bonnet apart from ''shiny bits'' and exremely low centre of gravity ( eg, superlows wuith 4 coils chopped off em lol)
What ive found is that opening where your pod sits infront of gets alot of water in rainy weather. id be careful. is it a K&N oiled pod?
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

No, But air filters do not intake water anyways. The idea for it came off UKFN