Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
xf_libby
Starter Motor

Default spam pms

hi im hoping this is the best place to put this, but my missus and i keep receiving spam pms, on both accounts, some person sending pms trying to recruit us to budism, lol.
so this regligous nut is spoiling this for a few people just want to make aware,
and is any one else getting these personal mesages??
also has a link to a site was a bit suspect on clicking the link so i didnt,

lol,

xf_libby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
xf_libby
Starter Motor

im not a big poster here but i check the site out, my missus posts here as she has an eseries, but yer she has received about 3 of these pms, i got a notification in my email that i had a pm and was an email that resembled a budist recruitment drive lol, definately a strange pm for a car forum i must say, first one we recieved we were like wtf, ahahaha this is just to bring it to admins attention,m if they want the user name i can give that to you. i guess
just some idiot that is sending these pms at random to advertise their regligion and recruit.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Cant say i have recieved any, he/she may be targeting people who have a low post count and dont post often as the more active members may be more likely to bring it to admins attention.
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
xf_libby
Starter Motor

good point, like i said im more of a reader here than a poster, the missus posts alot more than me from her account, which member would be best to send a copy of this pm to? im sure u guys dont want this sort of rubish around here, bloody people and spam, they ruin everything on the net,
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

get in contact with Laminge Or Russ they will sort it out.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
rodderz

yes PM any mod or admin, they wont be sending any more pm's in a hurry after that
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf_libby
im not a big poster here but i check the site out, my missus posts here as she has an eseries, but yer she has received about 3 of these pms, i got a notification in my email that i had a pm and was an email that resembled a budist recruitment drive lol, definately a strange pm for a car forum i must say, first one we recieved we were like wtf, ahahaha this is just to bring it to admins attention,m if they want the user name i can give that to you. i guess
just some idiot that is sending these pms at random to advertise their regligion and recruit.
Hi can you forward the PM's in question to me...
thx.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post