Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
620hp_gt

Default Adelaide Big Day out WENT Off.

Adelaide Big Day out WENT Off.

Tool not bad, very good light/lazor show.
John Bulter Tiro, Up there as one of the best performances.IMO
Loved, The Herd, Scribe, Trivium, The streets, Spank rock, All Rocked hard, Goosebumps,,,
Jet, good as well.

Boiler room, not stop all day, hard to stand still.

Lilly Pads, Sound trooper Sound Stream...Bit differant.

But what a day.

Last edited by 620hp_gt; 03-02-2007 at 10:21 PM.
620hp_gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

But did the crowd bring flags in at all? Just interested to know if that was still going considering what happened in Sydney.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon

Last edited by Laminge; 03-02-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Thread cleaned
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
But did the crowd bring flags in at all? Just interested to know if that was still going considering what happened in Sydney.
Yes I saw a few full size flags. I was there for the music not the trouble.

Good day, I love live music.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #4
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melbourne was alright too, Prices Park isn't the best venue though..

Muse were IMO the best performers of the day easily, second being JBT and then Tool I thought.

JBT were unreal I thought, such good people as well.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
Walkinshaw
Two > One

The most important question. How was tool?

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Very good. But IMO The herd, was better, John bultler tiro, even better again.

Alot of Tool's songs just sounded the same.IMO.

But as a Show, The lighting, background sceens, and crowd response..Made up for it.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Tool's one of my all time fav bands and to be honest, I was a little dissapointed. I didn't like the set list that much (finished with aenima though which was good.. I would have liked to see more off that album but that's just me), I couldn't hear Maynard at all and being in the pit (second from barrier) for a band that loves to screw with times makes for some awkward moshing, haha.

The overall show was great.. But I think after standing for 12 hours, not eating all day except a couple muesli bars for breaky and being in the sun all day I was just sore and kind of over it. JBT and Muse were the only acts during the day that made my back pain go away, heh. Enjoyed em a lot.

PS. My mate got Carey's drumstick at BDO and my mums workmate got it at the music bowl as well!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
620hp_gt

[QUOTE=popinfresh] I couldn't hear Maynard at all and being in the pit QUOTE]

He was always looking at the back wall, looked like he was off his head.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620hp_gt
He was always looking at the back wall, looked like he was off his head.
Thats usual. At the 2001 concert he stood behind a sheet, could only see a silluhete for 2hrs.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im another massive fan of Tool and I thought their set at Goldy BDO was excellent.

I then backed up and went to their Sydney gig on Wednesday night and that was another level.

Whilst they were awesome at the BDO - you have no idea how good they are doing their own show in a venue (not an outdoor music festival).
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Im another massive fan of Tool and I thought their set at Goldy BDO was excellent.

I then backed up and went to their Sydney gig on Wednesday night and that was another level.

Whilst they were awesome at the BDO - you have no idea how good they are doing their own show in a venue (not an outdoor music festival).
They were good, but i personally enjoyed The Herd, with the Dude from Redgum alot more. (Inside The Boiler Room) like you said huge factor indoors/outdoors
As well as the John B Trio, the drum solo was something else. They played hard.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #12
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta

I have to agree here. I knew they were doing BDO, but I held out hoping that they would do a show on the side.
The best thing about those shows, apart from seeing their show at it's best, is that everyone there (or at least 99%) were there because they were Tool fans, not just a bunch of drunk idiots pushing and showing everyone around because they heard loud guitars, which you get a lot more of at festivals.
I believe Maynard was annoyed at the behaviour of some of the crowd at the Sydney BDO, could have also been the case in Adelaide.

The deal with Maynard 'hiding' is that they don't want to have focus on one person over everyone else, so no one is spotlighted. And with the sheer orchestration and difficulty of their newer material it's easier to communicate when he's up the back.
Also, the microphones work better the further away they are from Adam's setup.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #13
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I have to agree here. I knew they were doing BDO, but I held out hoping that they would do a show on the side.
The best thing about those shows, apart from seeing their show at it's best, is that everyone there (or at least 99%) were there because they were Tool fans, not just a bunch of drunk idiots pushing and showing everyone around because they heard loud guitars, which you get a lot more of at festivals.
I believe Maynard was annoyed at the behaviour of some of the crowd at the Sydney BDO, could have also been the case in Adelaide.

The deal with Maynard 'hiding' is that they don't want to have focus on one person over everyone else, so no one is spotlighted. And with the sheer orchestration and difficulty of their newer material it's easier to communicate when he's up the back.
I don't Drink, so I wasn't one of the Drunk idiots you are refering to.

If i was i wouldn't have remembered them saying, "See ya in november for our tour".
Old 08-02-2007, 03:32 AM   #14
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers

For Melb BDO he was was closest to Adam for a lot of time, and the further back he goes the further away he is from Justin and Adam (and they have to turn around to see him) so I doubt communication is easier, although I could stand corrected..

I know what you're saying about the not spotlighting one member thing, but does anyone else think by doing that he just creates more attention?

Much the same as Tool not using the mainstream media for exposure, it's created something more powerful than mainstream attention could ever do for a band, and Tool defininetly know that.

I love the band, no doubt, and i'm not having a go at anyone, I just find the irony surounding the band and it's 'typical' fans interesting.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 AM   #15
5L
[ 5L ]

couple of mates from work went, they said it was a good outing, although one who is a fan of tool missed them so he wasnt happy. one missed the whole day, lost his ticket on wednesday and spent all of wednesday night and thursday trying to find it with no luck.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #16
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
couple of mates from work went, they said it was a good outing, although one who is a fan of tool missed them so he wasnt happy. one missed the whole day, lost his ticket on wednesday and spent all of wednesday night and thursday trying to find it with no luck.
What a spew, losing ticket.

He wouldn't have been very popular, if he was holding all of ya groups tickets.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
For Melb BDO he was was closest to Adam for a lot of time, and the further back he goes the further away he is from Justin and Adam (and they have to turn around to see him) so I doubt communication is easier, although I could stand corrected..

I know what you're saying about the not spotlighting one member thing, but does anyone else think by doing that he just creates more attention?

Much the same as Tool not using the mainstream media for exposure, it's created something more powerful than mainstream attention could ever do for a band, and Tool defininetly know that.

I love the band, no doubt, and i'm not having a go at anyone, I just find the irony surounding the band and it's 'typical' fans interesting.

I totally agree that tool fans are easily labelled - and the majority of them satisfy that label quite well!

But we arent all like it.

Personally - I couldnt care where he stands - their musicianship is unmatched (this is just my opinion) by any other band. The old school style of having your vocallist/frontman out front doesnt suit them yknow. They arent traditional - never have been - this is their own style.

In their Syd concert he stood up the back - played the keyboard quite a bit (they did Wings for Marie part 1 and 2 and it was excellent) - but also faced the big screens they had......heaps. I think he sort of trances out for their set - just stands there and watches the footage on that screen (and that is some weird stuff!) whilst performing. Gets into his zone.

Again - I dont care.

Feathers you are spot on with a lot of your comments there.

Cant wait till their return in November!!!!
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #18
620hp_gt

Sorry for upsetting you guys about Tool.

It wasn't my intention. I did enjoy their performance. I had never seen them before, so did not know what to expect.

I watched them to the end. Everyone/most was tucker out by then, and had seen some Brillant shows/acts/Performances.

I say one thing,, What the hell are they on....The back screens were like a horror movie...Very differant than any other show I've seen.

In saying that, They dont need to be like any other group.. They are TOOL.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #19
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

if anyone wants some reocordings of the syd tool shows

here's a link

http://www.myspace.com/auslive
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #20
bEAn86

I was at the Adelaide BDO and it was awsome! I went in 2006 as well and this years was has better! my only grizzle was having to line up for 45 mins for beer tokens! But it was an AWSOME show and loved all of it! probly Tool were the best!
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #21
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86
my only grizzle was having to line up for 45 mins for beer tokens! !
My mates soon worked out, buy in bulk.. $120 at a time.

Also went to the areas where the action had stopped to collect them.
Other side of Hungry Jacks was a good spot for tickets.