Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Microsoft Access Formulas

Hoping someone here is better at these than i am. Im currently trying to setup a database to help us find out where our business is coming from (i.e. what advertising is working best). So, i have columns set up for each place where we advertise.
I need to enter a rule that makes sure only one can be ticked for each client (i.e. you cant say that they found us from both Phone Book and TV), but i cant work out what that rule is.

The example in the Help section is that >9 = Must be 10 or more.

Basically, i need to enter it so that once on box is ticked, you cannot tick another. Anyone got any idea what the formula for that is?!

Kinda need this ASAP.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #2
neb
hibernating

how i would do it is just use one column instead of so many different columns. and set it up as a combo box (drop down list thing) that way you can only select one from the list.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
EFFalcon
Last warning

can't u make it a radio button, don't they automatically do what u want aslong as they're grouped together?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

My memory is fuzzy on this but like John said, I think radio buttons would be the way to go. I think it might be in the Marcro section (like how you start with a window for Tables, Queries, Macros, etc)

Check out VisualBasic stuff in the Help section, and steal some of the example code. That's what I did :reverend: Also a floating toolbar came up which gave you options for text boxes, buttons, etc.

Hope that made sense, rather than just being a post+1 for me

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post