Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #61
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Quote:
"Traction control brakes the driven wheel, which shows a tendency to spin, and adapts the engine torque to obtain maximum traction. The brake control is known as ABD (Automatic Brake Differential) and avoids loss of forward momentum through spinning wheels while maintaining lateral grip.”

Presser explained ABD was included in all BF Falcon and SY Territory models fitted with TCS and DSC.
Goodbye LSD and Hello ABD. This may be the most contriversal move for BF. Ditching the good old mechanical LSD for a braked differential system. While no biggy for Fairlane, LTD, Territory and even Fairmont Ghia.

But no LSD on XR6T and XR8 and presumably GT, F6 and GT-P..

I also wonder if non premium braked cars might beable to overload the solid rears with too much dift action (namely 190kw Ghia/xr). Also rears will wear faster, not a big issue for most, unless you have brembo's and enjoy shelling out thousands more regularly.

But who knows, it may work a treat and cut track times and improve corner speed not to mention great and safe performance on the road. One wonders if DSC off means ABD off as well.

When will ford have a injected gas setup?

Last edited by Iphido; 13-09-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 13-09-2005, 11:12 PM   #62
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

it looks like this isnt just a freshen up... these are SUBSTANTIAL improvements to what was already a great car..i am impresed!!
Old 14-09-2005, 12:55 AM   #63
EFFalcon
Last warning

the LPG system used on the egas models is nothing special, its simply that the car is tuned for LPG.
its not overly different from your every day dual fuel conversion.

the egas cars also got the stronger rods etc as in testing there were problems with the egas engine and petrol rods. so they're fitted with the turbo ones.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 14-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #64
EFFalcon
Last warning

btw: whats with the BF fairlane not having the updated front?
Old 14-09-2005, 01:00 AM   #65
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Are they turning lamps or fogiges EF falcon?
Old 14-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #66
RATT

It will get the BF friend bar afaik.

Old 14-09-2005, 03:01 AM   #67
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

BF Fairlane looks the same as BA. Just a slight change of the grill and different wheels.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #68
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Latest Goauto has a fiar bit of coverage on it all too.
Old 14-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #69
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphido
Goodbye LSD and Hello ABD. This may be the most contriversal move for BF. Ditching the good old mechanical LSD for a braked differential system. While no biggy for Fairlane, LTD, Territory and even Fairmont Ghia.

But no LSD on XR6T and XR8 and presumably GT, F6 and GT-P..

I also wonder if non premium braked cars might beable to overload the solid rears with too much dift action (namely 190kw Ghia/xr). Also rears will wear faster, not a big issue for most, unless you have brembo's and enjoy shelling out thousands more regularly.

But who knows, it may work a treat and cut track times and improve corner speed not to mention great and safe performance on the road. One wonders if DSC off means ABD off as well.

When will ford have a injected gas setup?
Nothing has been specifically mentioned about dumping LSD and in fact the sedan LSD diff housing has undergone some strengthening. The ABD is likely to have a different process for LSD cars than open diff units like the Terri etc.

Now = 2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi with Heated Seats
Old 14-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #70
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Cant wait to test drive one of these 6 speed auto's...
''Dependent on your driving style, this world class transmission will allow you to experience numerous advanced features where your reward will be an exhilarating drive. Features such as 'fast off', 'gearhold around corners' and 'emergency downshifts', ensure that this is no ordinary automatic transmission.''

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 14-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #71
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Cant wait to test drive one of these 6 speed auto's...
Sometimes it a mixed blessing - the 5 sp autos in the Magnas tend to go fishing for a gear sometimes, up to 4, back to 3, down to second, back to three in the space of 3-4 seconds, meanwhile the 4sps feel a little smoother.
Old 14-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #72
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

guys this 6 speed is unbeliveable!..you have not drivena falocn like it before!

and whats with the no lsd talk?..I can gaurantee xr8's and xr6t's have an lsd and dsc.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #73
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Quote:
Presser explained ABD was included in all BF Falcon and SY Territory models fitted with TCS and DSC.
Hence I deducted that ABD replaced LSD. I've never heard of ABD and LSD coexisting and has been rumored that ESP would replace lsd. Most cars with stability controls are either open diff or electronic diffs.

I suppose we will need to see what happens in october.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The BF upgrade is a massive improvement over BA. Maybe Holden could learn a thing about improving their crap buckets instead of spending all their money on cosmetic upgrades.
Old 14-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #75
EFFalcon
Last warning

holden have a 190kw 6 & 5 speed auto & one hell of a V8.. they're not in that bada position really.
Old 14-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #76
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The BF upgrade is a massive improvement over BA. Maybe Holden could learn a thing about improving their crap buckets instead of spending all their money on cosmetic upgrades.
That money has been well spent in the looks department if you ask me.

The HSVs look kick *** compared to the FPVs.

Don't get me wrong, I like the FPV look, but it's got nothing on the HSVs.
Old 15-09-2005, 12:08 AM   #77
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly

Warren you may need a visit to OPSM...lol..

Old 15-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #78
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:

The HSV bodykits look like the designers came up with them before they even looked at the car. They look really tacky and don't suit the car. I must admit the VZ HSVs look heaps better than the VY HSVs. That VY front bumper is just plain hideous. The FPV bodykits, while being a bit more subtle than the HSV ones do suit the car a lot better and don't look like someone's just whacked a big chunk of plastic onto the car. Give me FPV anyday

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 15-09-2005, 12:33 AM   #79
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Nope. If I was buying based on looks I'd buy the HSV over the FPV.
Old 15-09-2005, 03:26 AM   #80
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If i had the money to buy either the FPV or a HSV i would go with the HSV. When the 'Y Series' HSV's came out i didn't like them too much 'cause it looked too different to anything else on the road but after a while it grew on me and now i love the look of it.
The FPV's on the other hand look sexy as but it doesn't look that much different to a XR Falcon and doesn't look as agressive as a HSV.
IMO HSV put more work into designing a bodykit than what FPV did but i'm looking forward to seeing what FPV have to offer with the BF.
Old 15-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #81
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

The FPVs look better, but the HSVs are way easier to spot at a distance.
Old 15-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #82
hambo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
If i had the money to buy either the FPV or a HSV i would go with the HSV. When the 'Y Series' HSV's came out i didn't like them too much 'cause it looked too different to anything else on the road but after a while it grew on me and now i love the look of it.
The FPV's on the other hand look sexy as but it doesn't look that much different to a XR Falcon and doesn't look as agressive as a HSV.
IMO HSV put more work into designing a bodykit than what FPV did but i'm looking forward to seeing what FPV have to offer with the BF.
I agree with most of this, however, im not sold on the z series HSV's. The black plastic driving light surrounds really look tacky and out of place and cheap on an otherwise sexy car. I believe HSV (clubbie anyway) has gone downhill in terms of looks from the vx. The vx was the sexiest clubbie to be released so far...IMO

Cant wait to see what FPV do with the BF also, I would like to see a slightly more agressive kit, but not quite as agressive as the clubbie. The flowing lines of the GT etc is what makes them look good...

Old 15-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #83
Pearly
Lowriding

Like I said, don't get me wrong. I think the FPV looks sexy and tough as all hell... but... aside from that stupid oversized wing, they don't look much different to the XR8.

I really like the sharp looks of the new Z series Clubsport. Shame about their interiors though. That's one thing the Falcon has over them.
Old 15-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #84
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Like I said, don't get me wrong. I think the FPV looks sexy and tough as all hell... but... aside from that stupid oversized wing, they don't look much different to the XR8.

I really like the sharp looks of the new Z series Clubsport. Shame about their interiors though. That's one thing the Falcon has over them.
I'm with this guy^^ HSV's (clubbies at least - not convinced on the senator) look hot.

Hopefully the BF GT will be a little more radical. Maybe not HSV radical but more like the TE50 was to the AU.

-Stu
Old 22-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #85
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

protective thinking is up on that site
Old 22-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #86
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

ESP is in there..

Hmm not mention of FPV or XR8 upgrade.

Anyone thinking the big secret is going to be alloy blocks for the BOSS V8's?

Prices have been posted over at FF.com.. Overall bugger all increase (~1%)..

Not bad concidering the stuff most of the sporty cars pick up. (big brakes, esp etc)
Old 16-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #87
ashmann
Fastideous Car Owner

Default Nice Pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
What is the car on the home page, with the two "pipes" sticking out the bonnet?
Is that the new GTHO?.. :dr_Evil:
Saw your pics of the car.... very nice indeed.... :1syellow1
Old 16-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #88
SpoolMan

thread over 12 months old, even the links are dead.

Closed Thread