Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #31
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The Fiesta has a 4star safety rating. Which is more than some large cars can get.

The Fiesta is great for much more than a runabout.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #32
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
some thing tells me that you dont like the little Fiesta....or you dont think highly of them (not trying to start another depate or fight.......)(just stating opinion) from previous posts and these recent ones.....interesting..
Its not that I dont like it these post need some balance not just a luv in on the Fiesta which is a good little car in its class. But it is not a great car nothing in this class ever will be a great car. Strange that just because I dont agree you think I am starting a fight. You have a point of view of cars in this class as I have a point of view of cars in this class. I have made a choice on what small cars I like in this class and have brought 2 of them for my kids. I could have saved money and brought 2 Fiesta's but I didnt.

On features they just didnt stackup when I was buying... And I didnt like the driving experiance. Which to me was very much like a Ka but with more power.
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #33
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
But you replied that a Fiesta is only good as a runabout and thats its. I disagree
And you are entitled to disagree... Even if you are wrong.... :MrT_anim:
Lotus Trooper.
Old 30-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #34
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog
Its not that I dont like it these post need some balance not just a luv in on the Fiesta which is a good little car in its class. But it is not a great car nothing in this class ever will be a great car. Strange that just because I dont agree you think I am starting a fight. You have a point of view of cars in this class as I have a point of view of cars in this class. I have made a choice on what small cars I like in this class and have brought 2 of them for my kids. I could have saved money and brought 2 Fiesta's but I didnt.

On features they just didnt stackup when I was buying... And I didnt like the driving experiance. Which to me was very much like a Ka but with more power.
When the Fiesta first came out I hated it. My first thought was a flashy chicks car with crap performance. I had a little interest in the smaller Fords after seeing how a Fiesta goes when driven spiritly. I never test drove the Fiesta but ended up buying the Focus. When I had the complimentary service on the Focus I was given a Fiesta LX auto loaner. And boy was I shocked. Even the auto was impressive. If could go back to the time buying a car I would have seriously concidered the Fiesta.

Mowog, were do you live. Perhaps when you get your XR6T ute join us in a Euroford cruise. Or in the sportivo or the beep beep barinas
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #35
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
When the Fiesta first came out I hated it. My first thought was a flashy chicks car with crap performance. I had a little interest in the smaller Fords after seeing how a Fiesta goes when driven spiritly. I never test drove the Fiesta but ended up buying the Focus. When I had the complimentary service on the Focus I was given a Fiesta LX auto loaner. And boy was I shocked. Even the auto was impressive. If could go back to the time buying a car I would have seriously concidered the Fiesta.

Mowog, were do you live. Perhaps when you get your XR6T ute join us in a Euroford cruise. Or in the sportivo or the beep beep barinas
Brisbane..

We just had a Territory run this weekend good fun... Great highway car that can handle light duty 4WD tracks... http://www.flickr.com/groups/territory/
Lotus Trooper.
Old 30-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #36
91Laser
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
The Hyundai Getz is supposed to be marginally better than the Fiesta. I think it is also cheaper. It might be worth a look.
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Fiesta too and the first time i actually sat down in one, i was impressed by how good it looked. When i saw a Getz up close, the first impression was nowhere near that of the Fez. I would not want to replace the good old laser with an Getz. I'm sure it is a good car, but will it last 15 years like our Laser??????.

Regards,

Rob
91Laser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #37
BlackLS

I can tell you now that resale on a Fez is a LOT better than a Getz, no matter how good the Getz is.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #38
Rob
Living the dream

The Getz will take a pounding and come back for more, I can vouch for that. I tortured one for a week a while ago, fantastic car, build quality is very good, and you get a lot of kit for the money you spend. They dont drink much either, and they almost have a cool note under heavy load at full throttle. Understeer city though.. :
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #39
TZENU
XY Driv3r

My girlfriends Fez has been great to us! hasnt missed a beat (even though its only done 15,000). Fuel consumption is awesome too!!!. She is getting roughly 450km per full tank and drives through peak hour (approx $45 to fill) Works out to roughly 9 cents a k!!!
Old 30-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #40
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
The Fiesta will go around corners faster than the latest Subaru LibertyGT STi's. An XR8 vs a Fiesta on a winding mountain road? Id say the Fiesta.

As long as it was downhill
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #41
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
the fact that the Fez lost out to the Getz because its engine noise in the cabin was a little higher.

But that's a good thing. :hihi:
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #42
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honda Jazz is a good alternative. The manual 1.5L is suprisingly quick.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #43
coolkid

ever thought about the suzuki swift , they are a much better drive than a getz not sure about compared to a fiesta, but the swifts are very well equipped for the price (power windows,mirrors,air,abs,6 airbags,driving lights.steering wheel stereo controls,nice manual gearbox etc) when i was looking at buying a small car i know the swiftworked out much better value than all the small cars on market. Also all the reviews i have read about say they are one of the best, carsguide actually did a roundup of all the small cars and the swift won. so i bought one and it hasnt missed a beat in 11000kms so far and beleive me my driving can border on abuse(driving flat out in a quarry my mates hiluxes could only get in :eclipsee_ ,burning clutch out reversing up steep drivewayand smelling it for almost an hour of driving) but still not one thing has gone wrong. the ongoing maintenance also was very good and economy is better than sticker claims mines at 6.7l per 100km driven pretty hard,regularly sees 500kms+ from about 32 litres. they go fairly well alot quicker than my ea falcon was even in a sraight line, and i can beat alot of cars through twisties and i pull away easy.
the only problem with getting a swift for me was that suzuki could not get enough into australia to meet demand but that was in march so maybe situation better now.
i also think that the fiesta and swift are the best looking small cars, whereas the getz has a whitegoods on wheels look about it, and they seriosly dont drive in the same league as the swift,the swift is very sharp for a non sports model.
so thats my review for you i hope it helps, just make sure you check out all the cars in the market before buying cos there are some good ones and also a few duds
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post