Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Default Help finding gear for Cup Day

With the Melbourne Cup steadily approaching, a few of the boys went to Knox City today looking for new suits in an effort to look their best at the races. I went along purely for the sake of getting out of the house.

Having made the comment that I have no interest in making an appearance on the day, I was informed that I would no longer be a mate. In return to this well-humoured remark, I came up with a condition.

That being, I would suit up and join the boys at the races if I could find a suit the same colour as my XB. Paint code 5, deep aqua.

So, we asked around for a bit and were soon on our way to Fountain Gate, having been informed that Mensland currently had a range of ridiculously bright coloured suits. It might not sparkle the same in the sun, but I found a suit as close to that paint as I think I'm ever gonna find. :

However, I'm not yet finished. I'm now trying to find a hat to match. A brimmed hat. The suit is either going to look incredibly good, or horrifying bad. So, something is needed to finish it off. I'm thinking a hat, probably brimmed. Perhaps, gangster style. But, it must be a matching blue.

My question to the forums is this: Does anybody on here know where I might be able to find a good looking hat, that'll match a suit, but comes in a fairly wide variety of colours. A variety so wide, it even contains colours as ridiculous as bright blue, or aqua if you will. And can anyone throw up some good styles, as I'm hopeless when it comes to fashion and whatnot.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm just trying to track something down as I'm currently not having much luck at all myself.

Thanks everyone.

Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woz..mate check out the milliners around the traps they will be making hats like crazy for the cup..if you can't get one off the rack it may cost a few bucks to have one made.

Now just to top off the bag of fruit it demands a bright yellow tie.

Now for the shirt ...hmm I think jet black would be good.

The shoes I forgot the shoes..black with white/yellow wings.

good luck sport.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Lumpen Proletariat

If you're going to be so gauchely, why not just get a 'Truckers Cap'? You see heaps of them in strange colours like Aqua!

I agree with Mo, Yellow or even Green or Orange Tie on Black Shirt.

Lumpy

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
Scott

Give the Salvo's or Vinnies a go. They have all sorts of whacky stuff.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 05:38 AM   #5
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Woz..mate check out the milliners around the traps they will be making hats like crazy for the cup..if you can't get one off the rack it may cost a few bucks to have one made.
Milliners? Traps? I am but a simple man, please forgive my ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpen Proletariat
If you're going to be so gauchely, why not just get a 'Truckers Cap'? You see heaps of them in strange colours like Aqua!
Once again, "gauchely" is beyond the boundaries of my knowledge. And as for 'ye olde Truckers Cap', I am not a fan in the slightest. A "fedora" I believe is what I'm after, hat-wise. Besides, with a full suit, a cap [truckers, baseball or otherwise] would look rather half-assed.
Old 29-10-2006, 05:46 AM   #6
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Find any hat you like regardless of colour, and spray paint it.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
Longreach

I cannot help with a hat, but i would just like to say that i am hoping that we get to see some pictures of you fully geared up.. As i believe it will be well worth a viewing.
Longreach is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Milliners=hat makers

Traps=shops around the area..adapted from old beaver hunters who set trap lines along the rivers and when parting company would say see you around the traps.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I've been informed that the style of hat that I'm searching for is known as a "fedora". Anyone got any idea?