Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #31
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Its been like that since July or September 2004.

Its technically zero tolerance, but a mouthwash or cough lollie can bring up a detectable reading. Most cops will let you off if your under 0.02.
Mmm interesting I've never heard of this. I know I wasn't quite 0 because the officer took 2 readings. Lucky I don't drive when I drink anymore not even 1 or 2.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #32
Scott

Yeah..... but she is cute.

I wonder why she had to catch cabs for the last six months?

Last edited by GTP006; 29-10-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #33
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I was thinking the same thing about her catching taxis. Would be very interesting if the reason was cause she lost her license.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #34
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Yeah..... but she is cute.

I wonder why she had to catch cabs for the last six months?
That can't be cute, and if it is, can someone poke my eyse out? Thankyou.

Also, I wonder why there are so many accidents and deaths on the road. A certain lady on the sunday telegraph may be able to answer that.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #35
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Absolute garbage. She should not have got off. This has set a precedent now that throws responsibility out the window. Basically, she was not aware of how her alcohol consumption would affect her BAC. What If i had a drink or 2, drove, got caught and said "oh, but I wasnt aware that i would register, I thought it had been long enough" Same reason as this girl, every person acheives different BAC for the same alcohol intake. This would apply not only to p-platers, but to all drivers. Being "slim" is not an excuse. She would have killed somebody the same as anyone else could have.

There is a huge focus across the country on getting p-plate drivers out of high powered and modified cars. Yet the biggest cause of accidents on the road is due to drink driving, not a p-plater speeding (Im not condoning dangerous driving here). It even states so in the L-plate test, which she would have done not long ago. Yet the government (and the courts) seems to be focusing on the easy targets, the high-powered cars which gets them quick votes.

The courts are a joke. I feel sorry for the police. Her barrister said she had alreay paid enough as it is. $6000 in taxi fares. Stiff ***** girl, get the bus instead.
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good looks and a skirt helps, and a bit of money under the counter always helps too ......, if i got booked it would be lock im up and throw away the key even with my good looks,
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #37
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I just read the article in more detail and this line says it all...

Ms Rahe's barrister Chris Watson told the court of Ms Rahe's association with the Toppi family, who own Machiavelli restaurant, a favourite lunchtime haunt of Sydney's movers and shakers.

The movers and shakers would like their cute waitress when they have lunch.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #38
5LMonty
FORD = First On Race Day

oh to have Mafia connections... :yeees:
Old 29-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #39
Scott

Pertuan - If I read it correctly, she is asscoiated with the Machiavelli restaurant through her partner who runs the sister restaurant. I would guess she works in that one.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #40
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

here is the man that needs to hear of your discontent

dp.office@watkins.minister.nsw.gov.au

Be firm, polite and identifable, I dont even live in NSW and I emailed him. Dont be scared, take control of your government or take their crap.

Cheers all.
Old 29-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #41
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

This chick used to go to my primary school and throughtout her higher school years has been some what of a little selfish HoeBag.

Unfortunatley, she and her family are in the big money so money talks and bullshit walks. She probably has a cheffure to take her around. Looking at the smile on her face, she has no respect for her actions, only hope karma get the best of her.

Last edited by Laminge; 31-10-2006 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Not required
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #42
BZINGA