Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Default Stripes? Your Thoughts?

I was toying with Photoshop last night, just to get an idea of what stripes would look good on my Fez. I came up with these:

The typical ST-style side stripes

Different style (like Wolf Styling)

And finally:

Of course there's always the usual ST-style bonnet, roof and side stripes.

I also wanted to see what it would look like if I painted the teflon strip on the bottom edge of the front bar. Too "ST-wannabe"?

Your thoughts?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I like the off centre stripe

buy the front ford body kit lip like i did. toughen things up

Ohh and loose the blue wiper things
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #3
Boss 290

your car is a nice looking little thing but i think adding the stripes cheapens it...thats imo but it is your car and if you like then you should do what you want with it..cheers
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I love what you've done with the front, looks hot. :
I think the off center stripes look cool, something I was thinking about too.

Good to see more nice white Fiesta's popping up.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Second one, wolf like striping....."possibly" with the off centre stripes as in the 3rd pic, can't quite come to a conclusion on that off centre striping.....not sure, might look Ok once on the car......yea, not sure?
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I would go the First Pic but loose the pinstripping or third pic with out side stripes. Too much vinyl can be over powering.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

GO THE THIRD mate. Awesum, i loike the wolf Style look.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

TBH, and Brutally honest, The decepticon head should go, as with the pinstripe and blue wipers. I reckon the off centre Stripes with nothing on the side of the car would look fantastic. Good job.

Different, and it works. But in the end, totally up to you.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

def the 3rd example for me...
Old 12-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #10
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the singular stripe across the roof (pic3) without the side strips. That and tidying up the side of the car would be tops.

I say that because walking back from the doctors, I caught a glimpse side view of the Fiesta and it just looked too good from the side for a side stripe to be there.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #11
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I like the offset over the bonnet look, but it would need to lose the pin stripe and autobot logo or else it becomes too fussy. Otherwise some simple ST or Wolf style side stripes would work well with the current set up. Then you don't have any conflicting lines.
Old 13-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #12
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Thanks for all the feedback. I should have mentioned that if I get other stripes of any kind the little pinstripes will definitely go. As for the blue wipers and Autobot emblems - sorry, but I like 'em. Just yesterday, some bloke on a bike told me the stickers look awesome.

Mitch, I'm definitely considering the front lip kit. How much did yours set you back? The Ford dealer near me don't have it in stock but can order it, which will cost around $470 not including painting and fitting.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #13
nat_daly
Nat D

i reckon the third looks awesome..
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #14
crispymk2

Third for me too... off centre looks sweet, dont actually mind the painted lip either
Old 14-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #15
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Stripes? thoughts??

Flederschwein, i think ford have quoted you very very generously.

My brothers mate gets me all my stuff for trade and mine was roughly that price (little bit cheaper) and it cost me 200 bucks for it to be coated in red and fitted at my local trusted paint place.

Definately toughens the whole cars look.

When i got the lip, i got him to order me the fog lights (total ********* to fit, OMG the switch was a #%#$%#$^$%^$%^#$%^#$%&^$%^#$%)

All i can say is, front lip... do it.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 14-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #16
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id get the whole kit at once. With lip looks good from front but ghay from side.

I must say the Ford kit is the only good looking kit for the fiesta. All the others a too OMG uleh
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #17
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Pie, i dont really agree with you there.

I do agree that the ford lip kit is the only one that suits the car, but i dont think you have to have the whole kit to get a nice result.

As some of you may have seen my Fiesta has the front lip Only and it looks fantastic from all angles. It really toughens it up without having to go the whole kit. I could have got the whole thing, but JUST the front lip ;) looks tough

Loads of fun :