Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
XCGS351

Default Another One Bites The Dust

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been killed.

Good Riddence!!

Old 08-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
rodderz

Yes, he was the source alledgedly oif a lot of the beheadings and bigger bombings

You can count him out as the next anti-christ too, apparently Nostradamus predicted that "Mubas" was the next one, as his middle name was close to that and made him one of the possibilities!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Asia Pacific
The al Qaeda leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, has been killed in a joint attack by US helicopters and Iraqi forces.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki announced his death at a joint press conference.

Zarqawi was killed in the attack on a safe house near Baquba, 40 kilometres north of Baghdad, on Wednesday evening.

The prime minister said: "Today Zarqawi has been terminated".

Also speaking at the press conference, US Commander in Iraq General George Casey, said Zarqawi was identified through fingerprints and facial recognition.

The commander said Zarqawi had been co-ordinating terrorist activity for years and was known to be responsible for the deaths of thousands of Iraqis.

US Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad said Zarqawi's death marked a "great success" but cautioned that it will not end violence in the country.
http://abcasiapacific.com/news/stori...es_1658793.htm
Old 08-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Hopefully this will improve the situation in Iraq, for the Iraqi people's sake
Old 08-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry guys for every one that passes 10 more rise up to take that place...when they get Bin Laden then and only then might they have a chance of cutting off the head of the hydra.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i recon it is all just mis leading information as usual,,, lol
Old 08-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I heard he didn't die straight away but was handed over to Iraqi forces. I hope it was slow and painful...
Old 08-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Hopefully this will improve the situation in Iraq, for the Iraqi people's sake
Very unlikely. Plenty more edited willing to take over his role.

FF

Last edited by russellw; 09-06-2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Removed racist term
Old 08-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Very unlikely. Plenty more edited willing to take over his role.

FF
Wouldn't quite put it like that, but I agree this wont put a dent in the situation.
You think if Bush was killed that America's foreign policy would change??

Last edited by russellw; 09-06-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:36 PM   #10
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I wouldn't like to be seen dancing on anyones grave, but I'm sure Mr al-Zarqawi will not be missed by many, he was off my xmas card list anyway.
We need to remember the war in Iraqi had nothing to do with al Qaeda, they are just taking advantage of the situation.
A large percentage of the US population believe the war is a direct response to the events of 9/11.
We need to remember the reasons we where given to risk the lives of the ADF.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
max
LWBforME

No two ways about it this guy was a demon, but what gets me is how they want to "bring to justice" some of these guys eg, Saddam, and others they're happy to just blow away. And the USA is always the global arbiter of the world's morals. The USA decides what is good and what is bad for the world, regardless of its dubious credentials. Ah this could turn into a thread destined for a premature closure.........
Old 09-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #12
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Martyrdom, anyone?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
turboute
turboute

I am happy to see him dead. Not many people these days can bring themselves to say that they are happy to see another man dead anymore but in certain circumstances it is the best thing for remedying the situation.

I am sure there are plenty of people who will try to step up now - but with any luck they will be in quite a bit of dissarray for some time and less people will be blown up because of it.

BTW RIP to the aussie bloke who was killed in an explosion in Iraq today/ yesterday and condolences to the family.

PS People should stop bagging america all the time. If they are not going to stop people from doing some pretty inhuman stuff then who will? I has already been proven that the UN is pretty much powerless and the world court has bugger all jurastiction in a few to manyu countries. Russia has no money, China doesnt care, India is too poor everyone else is too small and couldn't organise a root in a brothel together in the next 20 years.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
PS People should stop bagging america all the time. If they are not going to stop people from doing some pretty inhuman stuff then who will? I has already been proven that the UN is pretty much powerless and the world court has bugger all jurastiction in a few to manyu countries. Russia has no money, China doesnt care, India is too poor everyone else is too small and couldn't organise a root in a brothel together in the next 20 years.
Ahhh every now and then, someone with some common sense! :

: Cobra :
Old 09-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #15
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
I also second this. Well done!!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Bingo .... The reward system is starting to work , his own people apparently gave the info and stand to get up to $35,000,000. Well worth it.

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 09-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #17
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

I personally dont think it will improve the situation but GOOD riddance.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Uummm did I miss something or did a couple of posts get edited /deleted.

I'm sure there was a post from some one who claimed to be muslim and objected to the term raghead which was posted by someone else.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #19
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Uummm did I miss something or did a couple of posts get edited /deleted.

I'm sure there was a post from some one who claimed to be muslim and objected to the term raghead which was posted by someone else.
You are right, someone did refer to someone or other as ragheads..... Must have been considered too close to the politically incorrect bone.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #20
ED turbo (mickmalta)
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This will just make them justify more attacks on western civilisation.

I don't want to start a political debate but............ Bush isn't exactly the saviour most people think.

So many innocent Iraqi's have been killed for this "weapons of mass distruction" crap.

The Afghan children and mothers too....... America is not the super power it thinks it is, I believe that one day Bush will face a UN backed trial for crimes against humans.

1984 Pontiac trans am

Gone but not forgotten: 1993 Falcon futura turbo.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #21
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

Exactly. Brilliant post.

If it weren't for America, alot of the freedoms we enjoy wouldn't exist today.

Quite frankly I'm with Marcos Ambrose and the back of his pickup:
An Australian flag on one side and an American flag on the other with the words; "The greatest partnership in the universe"

And as for the weapons of mass destruction; ask any Iraqi what they thought of Saddam and his humanitarian ethos. Documented and proven genocide of not only other nations peoples, but his own too.

Quote: