Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2024, 11:27 PM   #1
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Default Funny workshop yarns .. What's yours?

Was thinking about some of the funny stories I have heard and thought this might make for a good read.

Here's a couple to start with:

Toyota dealer lunch room

Prius is up on a hoist for a service. Has the sump plug removed and oil draining when lunch time rolls around. Everyone downs tools and head to the lunch room.
While having lunch the smoko room starts filling with smoke.
Mechanics head out into the workshop to find the Prius had decided to start itself up to recharge the batteries... and lunched the engine.
Bump Barr.

Toyota Land Cruiser double seal

Lady books her 200 series V8 in for it's 1st service. Picks up the cruiser, heads home to Port Wakefield from Adelaide. Gets to Dublin and the engine stops. She makes a call to the service department, a tow truck tows it back to the dealer, and on inspection, turns out the 2nd year mechanic failed to remove the old oil filter seal from the block, when fitting the new oil filter. Thus it leaked between the two seals and the engine seized. $40K later (yes under Toyota warranty) she was on her way again. This is from my mate who was the service manager there.

Seat mounting bolt

Ford workshop back in the day.. Full of pranksters. Old mate working under an early model falcon in summer, wearing shorts, had an agate on display. Co worker gives it a tickle with a broom handle, and old mate under the car jumps (as you do) and head butted the protruding seat bolt under the car. Claret leaking from a 15 mill deep hole in his forehead. Mate you better get some stitches for that...