Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #61
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jac,

We have Bigpond at home & have found it to be great. Easy to install ... lets face it if I can do it anyone can :P

I know we out here in the bush dont have many options and I know our phone lines are crap .. (anyone remember my 7.5 connection speed on dial up this time last year ???) I know we have mobiles & landline & net all combined on the one bill ...... only thing to watch is the fact they actually put it all on the one bill for the savings ...... took a few phone calls but we got it finally ........That would be the only problem we have had ......

No outages ....... No problems ........ Im not normally a happy Telstra customer .... but with our package (unlimited ) and 6 kids & 2 adults using the thing constantly I cant find a complaint .......
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #62
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Jac,

We have Bigpond at home & have found it to be great. Easy to install ... lets face it if I can do it anyone can :P

I know we out here in the bush dont have many options and I know our phone lines are crap .. (anyone remember my 7.5 connection speed on dial up this time last year ???) I know we have mobiles & landline & net all combined on the one bill ...... only thing to watch is the fact they actually put it all on the one bill for the savings ...... took a few phone calls but we got it finally ........That would be the only problem we have had ......

No outages ....... No problems ........ Im not normally a happy Telstra customer .... but with our package (unlimited ) and 6 kids & 2 adults using the thing constantly I cant find a complaint .......
Cheers Lisa. Its going to be nice to have Broadband... my max connection speed is usually around 48 kbps. I have a decent computer which is wasted with dialup really. I think I will very quickly realise what Ive been missing!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #63
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

We recently changed from Telstra Home phone & Bigpond ISDN to AAPT

Here's what you get!!

512k speed, 12GB downloads, NO CONTRACT, Free ADSL Modem, no setup costs $39 month

You have to switch your home phone to them to get the deal, home phone rates are cheap

$29 phone rental. 17.5 cent local calls, $1.98 2hr talk time anywhere in Aust.

http://www.aapt.com.au/offers/index.asp?WT.mc_id=CN_gameshp|CT_mainimage|CTE_aap thome

we are very happy with it
Miss_Aly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #64
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Aly
We recently changed from Telstra Home phone & Bigpond ISDN to AAPT

Here's what you get!!

512k speed, 12GB downloads, NO CONTRACT, Free ADSL Modem, no setup costs $39 month

You have to switch your home phone to them to get the deal, home phone rates are cheap

$29 phone rental. 17.5 cent local calls, $1.98 2hr talk time anywhere in Aust.

http://www.aapt.com.au/offers/index.asp?WT.mc_id=CN_gameshp|CT_mainimage|CTE_aap thome

we are very happy with it
Exactly what we did when we were living in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales(between 150-350km from a capital city). We thought we were saving money by bundling our home/2xmobiles/broadband through telstra but the last straw was when I was decieved by Telstra and proved it to them over a period of 18 months despite them saying otherwise. I vow never to give them another cent. We're now with AAPT for both home and internet and are saving money instead of being robbed.
Old 20-07-2006, 01:05 AM   #65
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
I was with Telstra Bigpond but experienced lots of drop outs and always waited on the phone 1/2 an hour or more for tech advice and then it was from some call centre in timbucktoo where speaking English seemed to be foreign.
Telstras technical support call centres are located in Australia in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Newcastle. Not sure if there are more tech support centres elsewhere in aus but there are no overseas tech support call centres. Sydney is the only 24 hour telstra tech support call centre btw.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #66
revhead24ads

I've got Bigpond ADSL with unlimited download at i think 256/128 download speed and it costs $59.95pm. But i get v8supercar coverage with that and thats important to me. Bit in the past ive also had Ozemail and havent had a problem with them either. I think after the old One.Tel/One.Net debarcle years ago you need to go with a biggish company, i dont like the look of these cheap ISP's around.

Craig is my hero.
Jaimie's my mate,
Rick's lost his lolly bag,
so GO Triple Eight!
revhead24ads is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #67
XRchic
Hello

Cheers guys! Still thinking about options.... Hmmmm.

Old 20-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #68
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Cheers guys! Still thinking about options.... Hmmmm.
I'm with Adam Internet ADSL2

ADSL2

Plan speed
Up to 24576 / 1024 kbps Pre-paid
data Excess
data Upload
data IP Monthly cost Calc
TCO
AdamDirect Starter 500 MB Shaped Free Dynamic $34.95 /mo
AdamDirect Light 5 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $39.95 /mo
AdamDirect Medium 10 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $44.95 /mo
AdamDirect Average 20 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $54.95 /mo
AdamDirect Super 40 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $69.95 /mo

Im on the Adam Direct Light 5 GB & then reverts to dial up spead after that I think thats happened once in the seven months of been with them. Help desk is good open till 10pm weeknights & limited hours sat sun not that ive had to contact many times. Not sure if your exchange is ADSL2 or not. Good SA company.
Adam Internet delivers premier Internet services. Privately owned and locally operated, we have kept South Australians at the forefront of Internet connectivity for nearly 20 years.

www.adam.com.au

I found a lot of good info on this site re Broadband

www.bc.whirlpool.net.au

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #69
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
I'm with Adam Internet ADSL2

ADSL2

Plan speed
Up to 24576 / 1024 kbps Pre-paid
data Excess
data Upload
data IP Monthly cost Calc
TCO
AdamDirect Starter 500 MB Shaped Free Dynamic $34.95 /mo
AdamDirect Light 5 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $39.95 /mo
AdamDirect Medium 10 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $44.95 /mo
AdamDirect Average 20 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $54.95 /mo
AdamDirect Super 40 GB Shaped Free Dynamic $69.95 /mo

Im on the Adam Direct Light 5 GB & then reverts to dial up spead after that I think thats happened once in the seven months of been with them. Help desk is good open till 10pm weeknights & limited hours sat sun not that ive had to contact many times. Not sure if your exchange is ADSL2 or not. Good SA company.
Adam Internet delivers premier Internet services. Privately owned and locally operated, we have kept South Australians at the forefront of Internet connectivity for nearly 20 years.

www.adam.com.au

I found a lot of good info on this site re Broadband

www.bc.whirlpool.net.au
Cheers mate! Sounds pretty good, and yes I must check out Whirlpool. I do know we have ADSL 2 up here.

Old 22-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #70
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only certain providers will have ADSL2 though Jac... IIRC the only place that is close to doing it in Mt Barker (it's in the planning stages) is Internode
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #71
old_mate
Smash the Boost

im with g-node

512/128, 10gig a month. 40 bucks. too easy

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #72
red_hotxr6
Banned

My husband and i are on telstra for the last year and not a problem. As a matter of fact we were told 6months for 1/2 price but after a month they let us have a year.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post