Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #31
snopony

Default Re: Teenage deaths from Bullying

Ive managed to also teach my child that if they are feeling that they are bullied, to look at the person doing the bullying and realise that they are a product of what they are exposed too.... without mincing words, its enabled them to look at the bully and think to themselves that they are only acting out that way because their homelife is prett *********d up. wich has given my child the ability to realise its not really them as a person the bully is aiming at. Its helped greatly. of course if violence is involved, yes, go to the teacher etc.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #32
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I concur with what you are saying Shaun. Well said. I don't even know what a rim job is unless its speaking along the lines of a car. Excuse my personal ignorance. haha

The sad fact is, parents are being taught what they have been taught and it goes down from generation to generation, each time the values become more blurred, misconstrued and warped. Almost like chinese whispers. With the saturation of electronic gadgetry, social media, gaming & internet, the lines get scrubbed and redrawn with different agendas.

I fear for the future to be honest.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #33
superyob
Banned

Nobody's fault but parents who can't get their spit together...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Sister in law was having issues with her eldest (8yo) and his behaviour at home, being aggressive and swearing at her, he was fine on school holidays but as soon as he went back to school the behaviour started. She called one of those helplines and talked through some of his behaviour and they advised that it sounded like he was being bullied at school as it was classic behavioural symptoms for his age from being bullied, a few pertinent questions to the boy soon flushed out what the problem was, she went in to visit the Principal of the school to lodge a formal complaint and apparently if a bullying complaint is made they now have no choice (in WA apparently, dunno about other states) but to look into it and put a “management plan” in place. Then, for whatever reason, the boy who was doing the bullying and his family left town/moved away. I’m not sure what the status of the matter is now.

Supervisor/Manager at work was having issues with his 11yo daughter being bullied, not sure whether by one student or more, she was getting to the stage of being hysterical and not wanting to go to school because of it, after his wife complained to the daughter’s teacher and it seemed to fall on deaf ears, he went to the Principal and threatened to make a formal complaint to the Education Department unless they did something about the bullying, then surprise surprise, the “issue” was being “managed” by the school with the bully child’s parents.

I guess the message here is find out where you stand in terms of the process they use, and arm yourself with facts beforehand so you can’t get fobbed off.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #35
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
My son is in prep and I've definitely noticed his behaviour change, he acts out more and I think he is being bullied too because he is the biggest (tallest) prep in his school and is also the quietest.
sounds exactly like my grandson, they call him fat and I assure you he isn't, he is just a big lad, and the kids that pick on him (in numbers) are all weedy little buggers

other than the great school intervention, my daughter and her husband are enrolling him martial arts training, it is about self control, self confidence and some defense techniques, it will have 2 benefits, one he will learn all those great skills, but also the other little buggers will know he is doing it and will more likely leave him alone as they fear he might flog the **** out of them
Old 20-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #36
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
sounds exactly like my grandson, they call him fat and I assure you he isn't, he is just a big lad, and the kids that pick on him (in numbers) are all weedy little buggers

other than the great school intervention, my daughter and her husband are enrolling him martial arts training, it is about self control, self confidence and some defense techniques, it will have 2 benefits, one he will learn all those great skills, but also the other little buggers will know he is doing it and will more likely leave him alone as they fear he might flog the **** out of them
Yup, right up till one of the little buggers finds out he's not allowed use martial arts against anyone outside of a martial arts studio and then they'll set about provoking him even more just to get him to react.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #37
snopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Yup, right up till one of the little buggers finds out he's not allowed use martial arts against anyone outside of a martial arts studio and then they'll set about provoking him even more just to get him to react.
yeh.... seen this happen. Kid in year 2 learnt self karate or one of the many forms of it.. guess who got suspended for using it on another kid who didnt see his point of view on something. Its not the way to go.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #38
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You may not have been bullied....but did you stick up for the kids that were?
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #39
LTDHO
The one and only

Bullying is nothing new, more than likely since the caveman.

It is dealt with differently now, bit by the victim and the bully.

(I'm sounding old but) kids seem to get away with a lot today than what I would have back in my day. Most kids then would consider the punishment (and if they think they can get away with it) first, even if for a second. Today no punishment exists so nothing to think about, just do.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
yeh.... seen this happen. Kid in year 2 learnt self karate or one of the many forms of it.. guess who got suspended for using it on another kid who didnt see his point of view on something. Its not the way to go.
Depends to a point, if it teaches a child more self confidence then sure I'm all for it and I have looked into it. Having more confidence is not a bad thing unless it leads to developing an attitude and ego.

I would be saying to him not to use what he is learning on his school friends because he could seriously hurt them and get into so much trouble for doing so.