Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
SP Ken

Default Qld V8 Supercar Round & More

G'day All,

Ok firstly we have a bit of a glitch with the Club Email at the moment that we are working with the Service Provider to fix so if you have sent us something and had no reply that's why.

Right onto the title info. Club management have negotiated the Club's participation in the Qld round of the V8 Supercars for 2006. Details will follow via email but briefly we have space for our large Marquee and substantial parking inside the track for our cars. This years event will differ in that it will be Practice on Friday, Practice, Qualifying, Top 10 Shoot Out and Race 1 on Saturday and 2 races on Sunday. Dates are 21 - 23 Jul 06. If we buy in bulk (tickets) we will be able to secure a discount which of course will be passed onto you the member. Again finer details will follow shortly via email / post out.

We also discussed with track management the prospects of the club participating in the Saturday afternoon Sprints out there. The details again will follow in a separate email but the big picture will be us putting a few of the afternoons in the Events Calendar and as many of the Clubbies that want a run can go out and enjoy an afternoon not unlike Morgan Park. If we get a group of 10 - 15 then we will be put in our own group on the track at the same time. We are also looking at a date to hire the track for ourselves for a half day which will be run by them so all of us can enjoy the day. We feel that the Sprints could develop into a mini series within the Club both as individuals and as a member of a team (6s v 8s). For more info on the Sprint afternoons check this out http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/

Phew that was a mouthful but as I said stay tuned and I will get you a detailed email on both topics as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Ken