Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default Going to War

One of my many hobbies is World War Two Military Re-enacments.

I am a member of the Geelong Military Historical Society and this weekend on the other side of Geelong we are having a living history weekend.

The guts of it is we all play soldier. We normally put on shows for the public, such as Avalon airshow in the past etc but this weekend is all about us trying to recreate a little bit of history.

The goals of our group are for education and entertainment.

Basically we set up and recreate WW2 battles usually based on those the Aussies fought in the Western Desert against Rommel.

Our unit owns WW2 trucks and jeeps,tanks, 25 pounder artilley pieces, mortars, bren gun, vickers machine guns, MP40 smg's, bazookas, rifles etc. We dress up in the proper uniforms. I play a Wermacht Soldier DAK Sgt. We use blanks and a lot of pyro technics.

So this weekend I will be letting off a lot of loud bangs, running around yelling terrible german, sleeping in trenchs over night and wont be on the forum.

I hope you all have a great weekend too........... :

Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post