Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Tis a good day

My day today is one of mixed feelings, but it is good because I have some answers regarding my health. Now most are aware of my cardiac condition so will not go into detail. 4 weeks ago I had a pulmonary stenting procedure, turns out when they went in they realised there was no point to the procedure as things were better in parts but worse in others that the MRI never showed, so I posted on here how I felt like it had been a waste of my time. I was told a 4th open heart surgery was needed, but it was risky.

Today a surgeon rings me, now he had good news and bad news. Bad news is he and his colleagues feel opening me up again with all the work I have already had done is an extreme risk to my life and as such they found another avenue to at least try first, it is a non invasive cathederisation procedure. Should I agree they want to try and insert a valve called a Melody valve wich was designed for people with congenital heart defects to prolong the amount of time before surgery is eventually needed. It seems this is used mainly in children, and I will be the first recipient of the Valve in W.A, it has been done a few times in the eastern states and as such should we wish to procede a surgeon from over east will come and perform the procedure. Now all my research thus far indicates it is not a permanent fix, but may prolong it enough for them to come up with a plan of attack. Really if it may just have a smidge of possibility I will take it as the other option is to risk my life, doctors said I wouldn't live past 11 and I beat them then, but this time the reality is I could die and the thought of that is scary, I am only 27 I have a 5yr old daughter and 2yr old son, the thought of not being there for them scares the **** out of me, although as my mother put it "you have to admit you have had a good life considering", but that was because we were talking worst case scenario. I have to have a conference with the 2 lead surgeons and my cardiologist in March.

Now you might be saying how is this a good day, but god damn I have been so stressed for the last 4 weeks not knowing what is going on, now I know and also know it will be done in the next 6months, the other great thing is I might not need 3 months off work anymore, which means I can breathe a bit easier financially. So at the moment things soound good. We will see how the meeting goes.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post