Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
Nealblaney
Starter Motor

Default 2003 1.8l focus numerous problems

Hi all

Ive had my focus for a few years now and it's been good but I've had a few problems recently.

First of all, rocker cover gasket, should I buy a genuine gasket or are there aftermarket gaskets?

While driving and turning my wheels either way there is a noise that increases as I increase speed it's like a woo woo woo, it's worse when turning to the right and now is starting to get bad when turning left also. I have put new tyres on and also checked bearings and bushes and can't find anything loose or flogged out

Finally when I accelerate under load eg going up a hill, the car tends to chug quite strongly. It will do this a few times until I change gear or it doesn't have to work as hard. I have given it a service, new oil and filter. New fuel filter, injector cleaner, sprayed the mass air flow sensor with cleaner, blown out the air filter.
I don't know what else I need to do .

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Nealblaney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post