Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 08:12 PM   #17791
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
The interactions between our State and Federal governments over the last two years, and over the last couple of days with respect to immigration laws, just acts to reinforce my belief that a 3-tier government structure for our country is no longer suitable.

Yes, yes I understand (well, probably not fully, I'm no expert in this area) that the Constitution doesn't allow for it, etc, but that is not my point.

It is time that our government structure was reviewed. But it will never happen.

I doubt it will ever change unless all the states agree to get together and rewrite our constitution and that in my opinion will never happen.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #17792
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol ACT has basically followed GSS restrictions except they will also restrict to only sitting while eating and drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I doubt it will ever change unless all the states agree to get together and rewrite our constitution and that in my opinion will never happen.
4 state majority and also the public. Neither are going to happen unless something better is proposed.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:28 PM   #17793
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another 3 years of this and we might see the Republic of WA and Republic of Victoria come to fruition.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 08:59 PM   #17794
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Another 3 years of this and we might see the Republic of WA and Republic of Victoria come to fruition.
Utter nonsense.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:38 PM   #17795
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The intervention comes as Victorian Premier Jacinta Allan revealed Tennis Australia did not inform her government about Morrison government letters stating a prior COVID infection - the basis for Djokovic's exemption - would not be accepted as a genuine exemption.
Acting Premier Jacinta Allan... Premier Jacinta Allan... Jacinta Allan...

That's the only name I've been reading and hearing about over the last few days.

I'd like to know where Chairman Dan is? I know he is on holidays, but shouldn't he be here giving these conferences?

It is his government that has created this incident. His government that started all this.

It was only a year ago that someone got into massive grief because he went on holidays and held to a certain standard. Why isn't Chairman D held to the same standard here?
5 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 09:53 PM   #17796
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post

That's the only name I've been reading and hearing about over the last few days.

I'd like to know where Chairman Dan is? I know he is on holidays, but shouldn't he be here giving these conferences?

It is his government that has created this incident. His government that started all this.

It was only a year ago that someone got into massive grief because he went on holidays and held to a certain standard. Why isn't Chairman D held to the same standard here?

He had six months off full pay ($270k) because he fell down some stairs. And now he's off on a one month holiday. So 5 months this year as Premier with a total salary of $570k plus super.
6 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #17797
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Joshy Frydenberg tested positive for the rona.
4 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:13 PM   #17798
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

I’m afraid it’s everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:20 PM   #17799
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Has been back for all the national cabinet meetings I believe. Merlino stepped in when he was sick and Allan when he is on leave. Would have thought it was a good thing, part of succession planning? You know, just in case he gets pulled into something like an IBAC and has to resign in a hurry.....

If by "created this incident" you mean holding the Australian Open event, then you'd be correct. Don't stress, we will get some sort of explanation from Andrews soon enough. Not sure if it will be from Dan though.

Quote:
Where is he?!

EDIT: Torquay!

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

3 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:25 PM   #17800
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce

Yep the numbers are way worse than official. 200k a day doesn't seem that absurd right now

Quote:
Has been back for all the national cabinet meetings I believe. Merlino stepped in when he was sick and Allan when he is on leave. Would have thought it was a good thing, part of succession planning? You know, just in case he gets pulled into something like an IBAC and has to resign in a hurry.....

If by "created this incident" you mean holding the Australian Open event, then you'd be correct. Don't stress, we will get some sort of explanation from Andrews soon enough. Not sure if it will be from Dan though.

Where is he?!

EDIT: Torquay!
Victoria since he is at home.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:25 PM   #17801
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Torquay!
Mind those stairs!!
4 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:32 PM   #17802
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Mind those stairs!!
you are thinking Mornington....other side!!

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:44 PM   #17803
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post

I've never been afraid of it, and masks don't work.

And apparently the vaccine doesn't work either. Especially if you look at the massive increase of cases when people were boasting about an over 90% vaccine rate. Who are the ''super spreaders'' now?

If I had 3 boosters in a year for smallpox and I got smallpox, I'd be asking questions.

Remember when they said '' If vaccinated you have less chance off spreading it and the symptoms could be moderate''

Now the only thing they can hang their hat on is in regards to the symptoms.

Watch em move the goal posts again.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:14 PM   #17804
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Looks like Andrews has some explaining to do not end of story quite yet...
You're referring to Karen Andrews I'm guessing, Fed Minister for Home Affairs, and yes, you're right. She has a lot of explaining to do. What she has been saying in the last couple of days has made no sense whatsoever. She also tried her best to pin this on VIC gov and then has back pedalled.

All the Twisties on here trying to blame the VIC gov. The so call "exemption" managed by TA and Vic Govt was purely to allow Novax to play at the AO IF he was to enter the country following the Federal guidelines, i.e., if fully vax'd he is ok to play without 14 days prison and if not fully vax'd, he'd have to do 14 days quarantine. It was purely a letter of confirmation of yes you can play if you comply to the Fed guidelines of entry to the country. It was in no way an "exemption" from being unvaccinated as the RWNJ are now trying to trumpet. Poor folks always trying to twist things to suit their twisted agenda.

Australian Border Force has the total control on visa applications to enter the country. Australian Border Force is run by the Fed's. The Fed's set the rules of entry to the country. The Fed's have two different rulings on the vaccine.

1) Greg Hunt, Fed Health Minister has apparently made a rule that even if one has contracted Covid within the last 6 months, you still must be double vax'd to enter Australia. But has it been officially documented? I cannot find any official documentation on this.

2) ATAGI, which is Fed run, says opposite. If you have had Covid in the last 6 months, you can be exempted from being vaccinated. See HERE for official document.

So Hunt has one rule, that he has apparently notified TA CEO of, but had failed to let the VIC gov know. ATAGI on the other hand, has another rule, that is on the Fed's gov's own heath website.

So how in the world has this got anything to do with VIC gov?? They don't make the rules of entry in to the country. The Fed's do that. Nor do they make the rules of being able to play at the AO. Tennis Australia does that. Not the VIC gov. Some might be forgetting that the AO is the AUSTRALIAN Open. Not the Victorian Open. It is run by Tennis Australia and it is owned by all Australian states and territories. Not Victoria.

And then to top it off, this is somehow Daniel Andrew's fault. Oh the poor RWNJ! Heads up their own **** looking for the sunshine that they believe exits in there.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 11:29 PM   #17805
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post

So how in the world has this got anything to do with VIC gov?? They don't make the rules of entry in to the country. The Fed's do that. Nor do they make the rules of being able to play at the AO. Tennis Australia does that. Not the VIC gov. Some might be forgetting that the AO is the AUSTRALIAN Open. Not the Victorian Open. It is run by Tennis Australia and it is owned by all Australian states and territories. Not Victoria.

And then to top it off, this is somehow Daniel Andrew's fault. Oh the poor RWNJ! Heads up their own **** looking for the sunshine that they believe exits in there.
We don't know the true full version of events yet, but we'll know come Monday?

The ex Immigration Department deputy secretary said that the visa application and approval process was likely to have been automated (wtf!?). So joker's team could have submitted the application, answered YES as to whether they had an exemption, based on what TA had told them, and the system automatically approved it. Then when he got here, they reviewed his documents, and rejected it.

However, this still doesn't explain why the other two were let through using the same document. Although one now has subsequently been revoked, undoubtedly because its been made public.

Having listened to all this saga, I must say, with the amount of covid going around, he is the least threat to my health.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #17806
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
We don't know the true full version of events yet, but we'll know come Monday?

The ex Immigration Department deputy secretary said that the visa application and approval process was likely to have been automated (wtf!?). So joker's team could have submitted the application, answered YES as to whether they had an exemption, based on what TA had told them, and the system automatically approved it. Then when he got here, they reviewed his documents, and rejected it.

However, this still doesn't explain why the other two were let through using the same document. Although one now has subsequently been revoked, undoubtedly because its been made public.

Having listened to all this saga, I must say, with the amount of covid going around, he is the least threat to my health.

So just apologize and let the guy play tennis

Old 07-01-2022, 11:42 PM   #17807
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post
So just apologize and let the guy play tennis

About the only face saving thing they can do without digging themselves further in…
3 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 11:46 PM   #17808
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
The ex Immigration Department deputy secretary said that the visa application and approval process was likely to have been automated (wtf!?).
Yes, there is an online visa application process too. I went through this same process a couple of months ago. But it still has to be officially approved. It's not a press yes and get on the next plane.

Quote:
If there ever was a so called "letter of exemption" for Djocovid, it was from Tennis AUSTRALIA. Not from the VIC gov. VIC gov have no authority. Neither does TA to be frank. And at seems so, as Renata Voracova has also apparently used a letter she received from Tennis Australia, thinking it was an exemption from being fully vax'd, and has now also been put in the luxury 6 star hotel in Carton. So TA definitely has some explaining to do.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2022, 12:01 AM   #17809
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Also, any truth to the talk that NSW are going to stop counting Covid patients who were admitted to hospital for reasons other than Covid, but either had Covid already, or contracted Covid in hospital and are now being treated for Covid? Officially, they weren't originally admitted for Covid, so not a Covid patient apparently??

For example, Dominic was shot in the head, he was Covid + already before his unfortunate "accident", was admitted to hospital for a bullet wound, Covid kicks in and he's now having trouble breathing. His now getting treatment for Covid, but he is NOT counted as a Covid patient?? He's officially down as a gunshot patient.

If he dies because of the Covid causing him breathing issues, what is the official cause of death? Died because of gunshot wound, or Covid? The answer I would think is pretty obvious. But it's not so black and white across the Murray river, apparently.
Logic comes to the fore, but in reality he going to die for being a knobhead!
Old 08-01-2022, 12:27 AM   #17810
slowsnake
Banned

Watching a movie, Matt Damon and Jude Law, couple of my favourite actors!
Made in 2011, it's called "Contagion" very similar to Covid but with a touch of Hollywood, lol, pretty convincing for a movie script, must of been thought up after the early SARS virus.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:33 AM   #17811
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Wishing Covid a speedy recovery. Feel sorry for what this virus is gonna to be put through in the coming days. I think we may have a new variant emerge after this, and it will have added symptoms of bad breath that smells like bull****, and snake like skin.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:03 AM   #17812
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
you are showing your ignorance of the facts with this post, I suggest you get the facts before you post again on this matter
Old 08-01-2022, 08:05 AM   #17813
slowsnake
Banned

Just watching Ch 24 news, another sleepless night, up at 3am, listening to the French Govmint or Tennis spokesperson, telling the World " we are not like Australia, and DjoCovid will be allowed in to complete at Roland Garros Tennis Tournament " vaxxed or unvaxxed.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #17814
Pooka
Shapeshifter

BINGO! It was Dan Andrews government's fault! NOT!!!

Tennis Australia had sent this letter out to all participants of the AO. It states recently recovered cases (after 31 July 2021) are eligible to enter the tournament, according to the Fed run ATAGI guidelines.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-enter.html
Old 08-01-2022, 09:33 AM   #17815
Pooka
Shapeshifter

You got to love the anti-Dan brigade, coming from the far and wide corn fields of Australia, and even from other parts of the world. All the way from Sydney to Hervey Bay, NZ, South America and even good ol' USA.

I'll have a guess here and say that these blind buffoons are either subscribers to the Murdoch rags, or their extremist right-wing supporting cable networks like Fox, Sky, etc, etc, and are ingesting all the tripe being fed by the Murdoch media, News Corp. That, or they are ex-Melbournians with a massive chip on their shoulders. I wonder which?

Anyways, this is my last post on this farcical matter.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2022, 09:43 AM   #17816
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not that difficult Novak ... Go and get your shots and stop being a prima donna .. OR....produce the necessary evidential proof that underwrites reasons for a medical exemption OR..clear out of it and go home .

Not rocket science . As for the Serbian mob claiming a conspiracy or hard done by ...BULLDUST... This should have been all officially sorted and exemption properly confirmed under Australian Covid regulations before he ever got on the plane .

Not sure it's true or not but there are stories in the media suggesting that as he's contracted Covid already that exempts him from vaccination ..

Is that a rule ? I have no idea . Someone say so if it is .
Old 08-01-2022, 09:53 AM   #17817
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
He had six months off full pay ($270k) because he fell down some stairs. And now he's off on a one month holiday. So 5 months this year as Premier with a total salary of $570k plus super.
So a pollie's not entitled to paid sick leave and paid annual leave, the same as the vast majority of the full time work force in this country?

Tough crowd in here.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #17818
Pooka
Shapeshifter

We did it VIC! Well done. We have beaten NSW, and now WE hold the record for the most cases of the Domicron variant in a single day. 51,356 in one day! Congratulations to the NSW government for "letting it rip", and to all the Victorians who unknowingly participated.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2022, 10:51 AM   #17819
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The last UK report for Omicron (31/12) is out now and as it now makes up more than 80% of their cases will no longer be reported separately.

Of the 846,821 Omicron cases, only 981 have been hospitalised (0.116%) while 75 have died (0.009%). However, it should be noted that 25% of those hospitalised were unvaccinated and a further 6% only had a single dose so the percentages for vaccinated are likely better but as they don't break down cases by vaccination status, we have no way of being sure.

However, a separate report from the NHS says: ... these estimates suggest that vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic disease with the Omicron variant is significantly lower than compared to the Delta variant and wanes rapidly. Nevertheless, protection against hospitalisation is much greater than that against symptomatic disease, in particular after a booster dose, where vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisation is close to 90%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-01-2022, 10:53 AM   #17820
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
We did it VIC! Well done. We have beaten NSW, and now WE hold the record for the most cases of the Domicron variant in a single day. 51,356 in one day! Congratulations to the NSW government for "letting it rip", and to all the Victorians who unknowingly participated.
Yes and no. According to a report on the ABC News site, about half of those results were from RATs, and 'only' about 6000 of those were results from yesterday. The remaining were RAT results from earlier in the week.

So, the daily figure is inflated a little, but the overall test results still stand.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread