Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
ORSMF6
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Default FPV New web site

Take a look at the new FPV web site ..
pretty cool opening page now .. and it was a timer to say when the new BF Model is released ..

Nice work FPV

Orsm Ford Cruisers
ORSMF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Well, apart from a new front page, which doenst work properly in firefox, SFA has changed that I can see.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah new front page looks alright... Rest looks the same to me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
which doenst work properly in firefox
Gotta love lazy web designers..
Old 01-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

you would think there would be some pretty big changes with the hype wouldnt you?
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
you would think there would be some pretty big changes with the hype wouldnt you?

Exactly waht l was thinking. All that hype for a new sticker kit, different bumpers and redesigned alloys and l wont be happy :
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #6
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Well, apart from a new front page, which doenst work properly in firefox, SFA has changed that I can see.
Idiots, I think any company which doesn't ensure that their pages display properly on at least the major browsers are potentially losing customers, something no company wants.

I mean, when you think about it, if you go to a page and it doesn't display properly, what do you think? Do you think: A) I should try a different browser, or B) That doesn't look professional, I won't bother with the rest.

I know option B is what I think in that sort of situation, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

FPV and Ford AU remind me more and more of Commodore Business Machines, makers of the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers - if they were still around, they'd have a web site that could only be displayed correctly on machines they manufactured...

Last edited by The MaDDeSTMaN; 01-09-2005 at 03:26 PM.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #7
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondie
Exactly waht l was thinking. All that hype for a new sticker kit, different bumpers and redesigned alloys and l wont be happy :
They did with MKII

This just might be different...
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
okin

I agree with The MaDDeSTMaN. How can they possibly not test it with firefox. Infact, I find it strange that a 'web designer' would be testing/using with IE at all. IE is the worst browser and should be illegal.
okin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #9
distortion

well the simple fact is IE is used by 92% of people online. it might be crap in some aspects (security, new features etc) but it does certain things very well (and if you have to ask, then you obviously dont know web technologies) that said, it should have been tested with firefox/mozilla based browsers. but if it doesnt work with them, then it isnt the hugest problem... 92% is a good majority.
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #10
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion
well the simple fact is IE is used by 92% of people online. it might be crap in some aspects (security, new features etc) but it does certain things very well (and if you have to ask, then you obviously dont know web technologies) that said, it should have been tested with firefox/mozilla based browsers. but if it doesnt work with them, then it isnt the hugest problem... 92% is a good majority.
You might think so, but look at it this way, if you were running a business, would you be happy with 8% (and rising) of potential customers deciding that because your site doesn't load properly, they'll go elsewhere?

I don't think so.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #11
distortion

that all depends, how many of those 8% dont have IE as well, as IE is part of windows - id say most of them have. im not excusing the fact that it should be mozilla complient, im just saying that even if it wasnt, 8% isnt that bad.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #12
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion
that all depends, how many of those 8% dont have IE as well, as IE is part of windows - id say most of them have. im not excusing the fact that it should be mozilla complient, im just saying that even if it wasnt, 8% isnt that bad.
What about those of us running Mac OS X when the top browsers are Firefox or Safari? IE (or at least a modern up-to-date version) just doesn't exist, and Microsoft refuse to update it. I've had to to FPV relations many times about previous releases of the web site, and to their credit they have resolved the issues reasonably quickly.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
FPV

LOL, did anyone notice the typo on the FPV website. When you click on the window for more information it gives the date for when you can recieve the full story.

A quote:
"Receive the full story from October 13th, 2006"

Obviously a typo. LOL maybe we wont receive the full story for a year, or the BF FPV Range will be held back a year..........or maybe not.

Hopefully FPV will stop sitting back and waiting for the compeition to do something.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 02:24 AM   #14
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I figure if someone is gonna get at your pc whether you have IE or Firefox you're likely to be stuffed either way.

Quote:
You might think so, but look at it this way, if you were running a business, would you be happy with 8% (and rising) of potential customers deciding that because your site doesn't load properly, they'll go elsewhere?
You can't please everyone..... In my experience someone who gets put off by a website not working for them is probably gonna be a pain in the butt to deal with anyway. Let them go elsewhere.

Let's hope the wait is worth it for the new range.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 04:20 AM   #15
paul7v7
bring it on

ok i loaded it in firefox and it worked fine. what is not working for you guys? have you all configured firefox properly?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #16
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I'll second that. It works in Firefox and the Opera browser.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #17
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I hate websites that play sound when you don't want it to, so if your listening to your music loud which is most of the time you get some annoying noise in the middle, other than whats changed looks good.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #18
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
I'll second that. It works in Firefox and the Opera browser.

It does now but didnt work properly in FF when this thread was started.

Wonder if FPV saw this thread.....
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
distortion

they love me.