The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Thank you, you have answered that exactly as I thought you would.
Whilst i agree with the sentiment its a bit harsh having a crack at anyone spending there coin as they choose,the thought of asking my parents for a car or funds to buy one never entered my head all those years back to be fair i probably would have got a thick ear for doing so but if this blokes in a position to do so and does then whats the problem?
Old 14-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Whilst i agree with the sentiment its a bit harsh having a crack at anyone spending there coin as they choose,the thought of asking my parents for a car or funds to buy one never entered my head all those years back to be fair i probably would have got a thick ear for doing so but if this blokes in a position to do so and does then whats the problem?
Nah, don't get me wrong I agree anyone should spend the way they see fit, I just really wanted to know why parents did that.
i went straight from school to work within 4 days and never was given the opportunity, they had this thing called a bus when i was young.

Spammy hope you find the car your after, mate.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Nah, don't get me wrong I agree anyone should spend the way they see fit, I just really wanted to know why parents did that.
i went straight from school to work within 4 days and never was given the opportunity, they had this thing called a bus when i was young.

Spammy hope you find the car your after, mate.
Went from school to an apprenticeship. The catch was training was 55ks away from home...spent the time between ending school and starting work obtaining license with borrowed money to buy just a single lesson to know how I was going and to pay for the test. Then borrowed more for a cheap 4cyl Dato to start said apprenticeship. Now making money, so debt repaid at monthly fee.
I needed a car before I had the chance to make the money I needed to buy it.
I can see why it happens.
I also know why you made your point because I've watched many parents hand over cars while I decided to help my kids only when they help themselves first if you get me....each to their own I guess
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: