Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #391
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

new astra has a flick key too blackahcdx not that special.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #392
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
new astra has a flick key too blackahcdx not that special.

well duh, i own one :p

also much better than ford seperate key and central locking control fob. Do they still do that? i cant recal seeing a BF key, anyone got a pic?
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #393
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
settle down you two, so far we've had a good discussion on a topic that usually turns to **** after 10 posts.
Some people just need to take a reality check and realise that each car needs to judged on its merits. We havn't seen the base model as yet, havn't read any reviews on it yet, havn't driven it yet and havn't even seen the thing in the flesh as yet and people are already getting all defensive and making absurd remarks. The Ford will be better than the VE in some aspects and vice-versa. Unfortunately the problem is most Ford fans can't accept the possibility of anything being better than their Ford for some reason...

Anyways - enough ranting and raving from me :
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #394
Sloth

Usually Holden do some pretty good wheel designs but the ones on the Statesman and Caprice.... :

I like the Audi-esque pedals in the SS too, nice change from the ones with the round bits in them. I like the classy looking interiors so far apart from the ghastly coloured dash in the SS.

Still undecided on the exterior, seems to have quite a short bonnet which looks odd at some angles. Overall the design looks quite 'safe' which is good as It doesnt date the BF too much.

I will be interested to see the rest of the range.
Old 16-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #395
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

damn took ages to read this thread. The first 8 pages or so are posts saying how many people were reading this thread though ;)

Meh not $1Billion worth me thinks. But one of the better looking commo range.

Speedo for SS goes upto 280kph ! wonder if that govt tosspot will go to town about that like he did with the 270kph on the F6 !@
Old 16-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #396
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackahcdx
also much better than ford seperate key and central locking control fob.
I would rather have a separate remote, than have the combined Key/Remote of the Holden. When the battery runs out, you cannot start the car!
Have seen cars travel over 500klm from remote areas due to a flat key battery. :dr_Evil:
Old 16-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #397
HSE2

[QUOTE=Shockwave XR8]Here Ian, I have downloaded it and edited it to reduce file size etc.:

Thanks. What was I doing wrong?

I assume that display is multi facet??
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #398
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

From what I've seen so far, I still love my Ghia, and I dont intend replacing it soon. It drives sooo well with my new tyres.

I like the split fold rear seat in my Ghia which I can regularly take larger loads in the boot, and it looks like the cruise controls which I use all the time, are still better than on the new Commode.

Will be interesting to see the road test and comparison write ups.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #399
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
damn took ages to read this thread. The first 8 pages or so are posts saying how many people were reading this thread though ;)

Meh not $1Billion worth me thinks. But one of the better looking commo range.

Speedo for SS goes upto 280kph ! wonder if that govt tosspot will go to town about that like he did with the 270kph on the F6 !@

****ing Harold ****ing Scruby wishes he was part of the Govt. He's nothing but a toss pot who likes to big note himself when in fact he knows nothing about diddly squat. :
Old 16-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #400
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoon Hoon
That's right - said by Holden media.

R U calling Wheels and Motor Holden Media? :
Old 16-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #401
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
I would rather have a separate remote, than have the combined Key/Remote of the Holden. When the battery runs out, you cannot start the car!
Have seen cars travel over 500klm from remote areas due to a flat key battery. :dr_Evil:
I vote for the switch blade type fob. I got used to them with LR and Jaguar products but they are very expensive to replace. Fob with separate key is pointless today.

If you are familiar with the current Holden key, anything is better then the monstrosity they use today.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #402
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackahcdx
Whats is with that Camry-esqe wedge type appearance, you know how the nose starts low and that line in the body just keeps on going higher until it reaches the peak of the boot.

Seriously for a billion or so I was expecting some sort of visual design re-tweaking, instead it looks like it has borrowed from Astra (more from Astra than BF), 380 (steering and rear lights) and that Camry type appearance.

But we still don't know how it handles itself on the track, c'mon Motor and Wheels, spill dem beans!

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #403
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TBH I'm not that impressed. The Calais has BA / BF written all over the front end. The Rear quarter panels don't seem to blend well at all. Overall agree with the comments that it looks like a Vectra on steroids. Interior - Don't like the multi coloured dash / glove box thing they have happening, and the dash display itself is questionable at best IMO. $1 billion must have bought a whole truck load of r & d work on NVH, because It certainly hasn't improved the exterior or interior design that much... Just my 2 cents worth.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #404
blackahcdx

check out www.drive.com.au/ve to see lots of videos of all VE Models, including first look at Omega and Berlina.
Old 16-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #405
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
HAHAHAHAHAHA poor mans BF - yeah no worries mate. If the BF is your epitome of style and grace then something is very very wrong with you.

You call that an atrocious interior? Go sit in a BA/BF for a while and absorb the acres of hard, crap, el-cheapo plastic.
oh I must have hurt the holden guys feelings with an opinion..

Well I guess there must be something wrong with me _ . because as far as I'm concerned GMH = poor styling, always has and always will . The interior styling is poor especially for a new generation car, flat and squared off console, dorky handbrake, ugly looking wheel, oversize buttons and switches, why so big ? and best of all color coded dash..LMAO. :
I do have a BA Ghia and its a damn site better looking than that steamer is, inside and out !

but thats just my lowly opinion of course...
AU III XR8 red ute

Last edited by anto; 16-07-2006 at 11:06 PM.
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #406
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default VE Launch

Here are some photo's that i took at the ve launch today. I was able to attend because my brother works at holden.
The quality of the photo's are not the best, but thats due to them being taken with a camera phone

Here the link to the photo album there in

Notice that i was able to get some under car shots, at an attempt to see the running gear.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #407
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I think that overall its a good looking car. That has some weird design choices.

The problem is that while I think that car looks alright. It doesn't say 2006 to me. At all. It says 2003...maybe. It looks no more modern than the BA for instance...which every year is getting more and more long in the tooth.

I wait now to see what the new Falcon will look like even more, because I would love to see a new fresh design vs a tired looking holden. Again.
Old 16-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #408
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Some people appreciate cars and can see beyond the badge. Otherwise what is the incentive for Ford to improve its products if the same old crowd will buy whatever they make. Holden getting better product is good for all of us and for me anyway, I buy what I like and not just because it has a blue oval on it. I like cars not just Ford.

Daniel
BA GT
TS Territory
i have no promblem with people admiring the cars..i too like some holdens but i aint prepaired to put em on a pedestol so much..y be so happy about it.i joined ford forums to hear about FORDS. i do like other cars eg exotic cars.but when it comes to cars in fords price range..its ford all the way. besides most holden fans bag the s*** out of ford.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #409
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Just subscribing to the thread, I'm sure there going to be some half witted post that will close the thread down at some stage.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #410
MRJUCY
Fordless

It's hard to judge of those photos but the interior looks horendous, the current Commodore looks at least 10 years behind any other vehicle on the market but it looks like amazingly enough they've made a step backwards.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #411
sbeaugs

mmmm maybe it is not going to be VE
because when ever the holden boss guy intoduced a car it was a "2006 commodore ......"
as far as i heard he never called it a VE even in the interveiw
maybe like Ford did with the BA they let eveyone call it a AV until final launch

just something to ponder
sbeaugs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #412
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

nice effort on the pics mate cheers
Old 16-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #413
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

For a ford forum, there sure is alot of holden topics.
Old 16-07-2006, 11:41 PM   #414
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

it looks ok i guess.....no where near as tough as the current performance models though.
Just wait till the 310kw hsv's come rolling out, then there will be something worth talking about i reckon!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #415
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
For a ford forum, there sure is alot of holden topics.
Keep you're friends close, and you're enemies closer... :evil_laug
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #416
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

People had similar reactions to the VY when it first came out. But then they started getting used to the design, and with the VZ it became quite a good seller.

I still love my Ghia though.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #417
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow 1
I can't believe they stole the ba,bf headlights how pathetic!!!Lookin more like the new fords!!!how scary!!! :Up_to_som
Yeah yeah yeah, And The BF Ghia stole the Fog lights from Holden and the tear drops to:P
It never ends;)
Old 17-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #418
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Thanks for the pictures
Old 17-07-2006, 12:09 AM   #419
fmc351
let it burn

Boot looks smaller than the astra

http://groups.msn.com/FordFalconGTs/...to&PhotoID=113Statesman front looks like a lexus with a hyundai grill.

Commy fans will love it. Oh fer the love of rice.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #420
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That stateman is uuuuggggly!

Personally, i'm glad to say, that I think Ford has a far better looking model for once.. Just hope they don't screw up the Orion.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post