Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-10-2022, 12:55 PM   #1
PaddyBoyle56
Starter Motor

Default Re: Gumtree Scammers

I got done on this site from a guy called DonaldO & his mate. He gave a mates of his email ( b.e.n.e.d.i.c.t.6.8.6.6.@gmail.com ) who apparently had the part I was chasing. I assumed that he was in Australia so paid his price thru paypal as he requested only to find out he was in America & wanted more money. He stated he would still sent the part for the money I had paid & that's when I clicked.I too got excited that someone could help me & being new to this forum didn't think. Not a lot of money lost more hurt pride than anything.
Hope this helps anyone else falling for this guys antics.
PaddyBoyle56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyBoyle56 View Post
I got done on this site from a guy called DonaldO & his mate. He gave a mates of his email ( b.e.n.e.d.i.c.t.6.8.6.6.@gmail.com ) who apparently had the part I was chasing. I assumed that he was in Australia so paid his price thru paypal as he requested only to find out he was in America & wanted more money. He stated he would still sent the part for the money I had paid & that's when I clicked.I too got excited that someone could help me & being new to this forum didn't think. Not a lot of money lost more hurt pride than anything.
Hope this helps anyone else falling for this guys antics.
DonaldO does not show up as being a member of AFF.
Old 28-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #3
PaddyBoyle56
Starter Motor

Donald0
Starter Motor

Default 2006 LTD Center Wheel Cap
Hi

If you’re still interested in getting the 2006 LTD Center Wheel Cap. I have a friend who can help you out with that. It’s affordable and here’s his gmail address

b.e.n.e.d.i.c.t.6.8.6.6@gmail.com

Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Old 28-10-2022, 01:59 PM   #4
PaddyBoyle56
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
DonaldO does not show up as being a member of AFF.
Hi this was the message I got sucked into, I'm new on this site so still trying to get my head around it all. Thanks for your reply Cheers

Donald0
Starter Motor

Hi

If you’re still interested in getting the 2006 LTD Center Wheel Cap. I have a friend who can help you out with that. It’s affordable and here’s his gmail address

Old 28-10-2022, 02:44 PM   #5
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyBoyle56 View Post
Hi this was the message I got sucked into, I'm new on this site so still trying to get my head around it all. Thanks for your reply Cheers

Donald0
Starter Motor

Hi

Sorry to hear that. Some people are just assholes.

Have you contacted PayPal? They might be able to refund the money and/or shut him down. Once they know someone is untrustworthy they are screwed for life with PayPal, they are banned forever.

I'm banned from PayPal forever over a stupid $5 mistake that happened over 10 years ago. Whenever I tried to skirt the ban by using different details they still somehow knew it was me and blocked it again. I've given up.

Might take the sting out of the experience by enacting some revenge.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2022, 06:17 PM   #6
PaddyBoyle56
Starter Motor

arm79 Thanks for that, I have been onto PayPay & they are looking in to it. The way to get my money back is to go through the bank. I'm more concerned that this guy is going to rip more people off with his little scam so just putting it out there for people to be aware off. Thanks again.
Old 28-10-2022, 08:32 PM   #7
Toiler
Donating Member
Donating Member3

If you paid via PayPal and Seller has no proof of delivery you should be protected. If you made a PayPal friend payment you have no protection.

The same “no proof of delivery” can also work against you when selling. Buyer pays with paypal, picks up the item then buyer puts in a claim to PayPal stating no delivery . . You lose the item and the money. Never ever ever take a PayPal payment if the buyer is picking up the item. Ie no proof of delivery.

Last edited by Toiler; 28-10-2022 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
Toiler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2022, 11:01 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiler View Post
If you paid via PayPal and Seller has no proof of delivery you should be protected. If you made a PayPal friend payment you have no protection.

The same “no proof of delivery” can also work against you when selling. Buyer pays with paypal, picks up the item then buyer puts in a claim to PayPal stating no delivery . . You lose the item and the money. Never ever ever take a PayPal payment if the buyer is picking up the item. Ie no proof of delivery.
This is also a rule of thumb if you're selling to people on 30 day accounts - don't ever use couriers who don't provide signed proof of delivery (ie couriers please) or you'll be processing credits for goods you know they received.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post