Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-03-2019, 12:51 AM   #1
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
The first video, he attempts to obfuscate by arguing the results may have been different if people had been eating grass-fed or organic beef, then telling us how great he feels after eating meat. Well flap, follwing that logic, let's all take cocaine! It's laughable when we already know what we do of the chemistry of red vs white meat, and the types of reaction byproducts that are produced in it via cooking.

The second, from a doctor that was prosecuted by the medical board for inadequate cleaning/disinfection/sterilisation practices and may even still be on probation. Not sure I want to be taking his advice. He doesn't actually point out flaws in the methodology, he argues that because the relative risk is not overwhelming, its near enough to be zero. Yet earlier he quotes confidence intervals that demonstrate statistical significance. His videos are clearly pitched at the ignorant.

A number of Berry's other videos are dismantled here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsOgOel9AQ

Like I said, feel free to drink the keto kool aid. But you're more likely to find that echo chamber you so desperately crave, elsewhere.
You call Dr Berry a quack yet you link a video from Vegan Footsoldier who wears a mask, scratches is balls throughout the video with absolutely no educational back ground.

I mean the man is too embarrassed to show his face as he probably knows how stupid his pointless rants are that he is too embarrassed to own them.

Sorry mate, but I am out, you may as well link the tooth fairy. Anyone that even watches this fool needs a mental health check.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 06-03-2019 at 12:57 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:09 AM   #2
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
You call Dr Berry a quack yet you link a video from Vegan Footsoldier
Well, if you can take the p155, why can't I...
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, if you can take the p155, why can't I...
I was not taking the ****, I simply linked a video that explained the studies, the studies are there to be looked at and read and are available for everyone, but most people will not bother doing that and will simply read the headline.

Them make an uneducated comment like you did where you say cooking meat causes cancer, when in fact if you actually read the whole study there is no evidence of this.

The study isolated the bad part of the cooked meat, and fed a dosage many thousands of times higher to rats, they also fed it in the absence of the actual meat and the nutrition, so these rats were existing on the poisonous part of the process, and then they got sick. What a surprise.

Basically they poisoned the rats and then when the poison worked they concluded that cooking meat makes you sick.

Apples contain small amounts of arsenic, so we isolate the arsenic from apples and feed it in high concentration to something, then when the animal dies we can conclude that apples are poisonous and we should not be eating them.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Them make an uneducated comment like you did
So not even with my PhD in biochemistry would my opinion be considered educated?

WTFever.
Old 13-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So not even with my PhD in biochemistry would my opinion be considered educated?

WTFever.
Unless you read the study and understood it then you can't have an educated opinion on the subject.

Not sure how biochemistry relates to nutrition anyway.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 13-03-2019, 01:52 AM   #6
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unless you read the study and understood it then you can't have an educated opinion on the subject.
I can, and I do, because my opinion is exactly that - educated. By something a little more rigorous than youtube.

Quote:
Not sure how biochemistry relates to nutrition anyway.
FMD... this facepalm is actually burning calories.
Old 20-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #7
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can, and I do, because my opinion is exactly that - educated. By something a little more rigorous than youtube.
Makes no sense, you have not read the study, you have not even looked at it. So how can you have an educated opinion on something that you have not even looked at??

The mere fact of having an educated opinion would require you to actually look at what you have an opinion about, otherwise it's not an educated opinion, it is just an opinion based on nothing. So really it's an uneducated opinion as you have not educated yourself on the subject.

Because if you had educated yourself you would have come to the same conclusions that the scientists from the National Institute of Cancer have come up with, ie that there is absolutely no correlation between eating cooked meat and cancer. Or are you suggesting that you know more about the causes of cancer that the scientists who have dedicated their lives to the subject?

However I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I will ask you to provide me some sort of evidence of your claim, hopefully in the form of a valid study that supports your claims, because if in fact cooked meat is linked to causing cancer I would really like to know about it as I eat a lot of cooked meat.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 20-03-2019 at 03:47 PM.