Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Fiestaman

Default WT Fiesta jack and wheel brace

Does anybody know what jack will fit a WT Fiesta? Earlier Fiesta, Focus?? I have put a spare wheel in but need a jack but don't want to pay the $190 Ford are asking. Thought I could pick one up at the breakers yard if there is something compatible.
Also put alloys on my car so have 4 WT steel rims available on Brisbane northside. Dealer told me that the WT rims are different to the WS and earlier rims

Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Caydus

Default Re: WT Fiesta jack and wheel brace

Just picked up a spare wheel myself (other thread in this forum actually).

Can't seem to find the jacking point on a WT so people are saying just a regular jack, any kind you can pick up for 10 - 30 bucks and stick a piece of wood between the car and the jack and just jack that up.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Buy a trolley jack and wheel brace from your local spare parts joint. Probably set you back $60 or $70. May be cheaper if you keep an eye on the junk mail

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
trento
Audiophile

good luck fitting a trolley jack in the spare wheel well!!!!

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Fi.ES.TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
Hahaha too funny
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento

I gather they don't have a boot? All trolley jacks I've seen come in their own personal box.

Oh and it's better than trying to hold the car up in the air barehanded , whilst changing a wheel all by yourself. Gets a bit much on the hands and back.

It also beats paying $190 for a newie and a lot safer than the original style

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
trento
Audiophile

lol, just having a laugh, although I personally find it easier to lift the car with my left foot, saves your back and leaves both hands free for changing wheel/scratching myself :P

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 24-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
somers181

I bought a bottle jack from supercheap for $20 and it fits neatly in the spare wheel well next to the spare tyre and brace and other tools, you just need a small piece of wood that can sit in between the jack and the car to spread the load because it doesnt look like there are specific jacking points on the WT Fiestas...........
Old 24-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Caydus

I asked the guys at the ford service centre this morning and apparently u dont need the block of wood, you can just jack the car up from any point along the entire metal ridge running along the edge of the car.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
trento
Audiophile

uhuh, like i said in the other thread 10cm from the front or 10cm from the back on the folded metal ridge is the recommended jacking points on the WS/WT fez

Old 24-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
Fiestaman

Got a private message from Foobar re the rims but seems my reply was not sent as I have not had 5 posts.
Can you confirm Foobar?
Old 25-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
Foobar
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaman
Got a private message from Foobar re the rims but seems my reply was not sent as I have not had 5 posts.
Can you confirm Foobar?
Yeah, was just curious if it was rims only or rims with tyres and how much for one in either case. Not sure if you want to sell all 4 or just one at a time (after 1 only to use as a spare).
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #13
Fiestaman

Hi Foobar,

Will sell separately if you need one just for a spare.

Cheers
Old 29-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #14
Fiestaman

Further to this thread it would appear that if you jack up a WS/WT Fiesta at the place where there are indentations on the sill then the inner side of the sill is lower then the outer side of the sill. This means that the jack head that goes on the sill would have to shorter on one side than the other. WT Handbook does not even mention jacking points????. I have seen this difference in heights on Focus and earlier Fiesta jacks.

However if you move closer to the wheel arches then the sill is equal on both sides - but is it strong enough to jack at this point without denting the sill?.

Seems like Ford marketing department are absolutely clueless as how to please customers - if they read this and overseas forums they would see the vast number of complaints about not having a spare and jack.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
mattsta
Starter Motor

Hi Fiestaman,

Do you still have tyres available? I would be interested in buying one for a spare. Could you PM me

Thanks

mattsta
mattsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #16
AG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaman
Dealer told me that the WT rims are different to the WS and earlier rims
We had a thread on this before: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11319027

PCD is different.

Thai-made WT has a bolt pattern/PCD of 4x100
The German WS has a bolt pattern/PCD of 4x108
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post