Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #91
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I don't think Mitch was talking about HIS polo, Just Polo's in general..... Just like me hehehehehe. Bring on my own flashed Pogo stick...

Correctnessness

I dont even my Pogo yet,

But im very excited :

330nm @ 1190kg um.... crazy
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 19-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #92
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
lol alright i will stop.

But in saying that.

ST would probably have about 130hp ATW standard dude (give or take a few) getting this upto 150 hp atw would be easy.
my bad, i thought that he meant KW

Old 19-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #93
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Im talking about HP/KWS at the fly not wheels. Do my figures above seem right or have i confused my self?
Old 19-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #94
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Im talking about HP/KWS at the fly not wheels. Do my figures about seem right?
i believe that you can get up to 140+ max 150kw at the FLY with all the gear from puma speed. BUT it will cost more than 3G.

Old 19-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #95
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i believe that you can get up to 140+ max 150kw at the FLY with all the gear from puma speed. BUT it will cost more than 3G.
I just proved above that 150+ atf is obtainable for 3g or there abouts, probably the onyl thing that will reduce the price is the Exhaust, everything else is preset with approximations on price/ +HP.
Old 19-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #96
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
I just proved above that 150+ atf is obtainable for 3g or there abouts, probably the onyl thing that will reduce the price is the Exhaust, everything else is preset with approximations on price/ +HP.
i think the Cams will be more than you think. also the bulefin should only do exhaust and intake. if you where to get it dynoed and custom tuned with the cams, extractors, and exhaust + intake, i believe you might get more than 200BHP. and i am sure that a custom tune is 2000 at least.

Old 19-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #97
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ok i did slightly lower the price for the cams it works out at 1001AUS as per conversion but that might be slightly inflated. When you have people in the know freebies are your friend.

So theoretically if ST sells for say 25-27g + 3g of mods, you could possibly have a 150kw ATF rocket for 30g (without options/ORC).
Old 19-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #98
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Ok i did slightly lower the price for the cams it works out at 1001AUS as per conversion but that might be slightly inflated. When you have people in the know freebies are your friend.

So theoretically if ST sells for say 25-27g + 3g of mods, you could possibly have a 150kw ATF rocket for 30g (without options/ORC).
true. it would be a rocket. and so would my fez.

oihhh and damo, you still need to learn how to drive STICK!!!

Old 19-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #99
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
true. it would be a rocket. and so would my fez.
oihhh and damo, you still need to learn how to drive STICK!!!
I think someone is gonna beat you to it Sean. I think with the amount of comments of peeps baggin me out about stick, i should take it upon myself to be quite confident in stick and show you what I can do with stick.

Insert sick minded comments.
Old 19-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #100
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sorry guys... I'm confused... are you all saying that with $3,000 of mods, the Fiesta ST can get 150kw from a 110kw engine? Sounds quite high to me... considering of course this is a 4 cylinder engine.

But then, I guess if the S2000 can achieve those figures...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 19-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #101
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Look i am not too familar as to if it is achievable but i just did the sums above and i think it can possibly be done. Im not saying that it is a versitile option but it just makes me wonder of its full potential. In your terms (Mitch, Teki, Pie) does it sound acheivable @ fly ? To me it does.
Old 19-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #102
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I'm not sure those figures are accurate though. I mean, it seems like estimates... but then, I dunno how they'd get 150kw. I mean, look at other cars (sure, not exactly majorly modified) but the Integra 2.0L Type S achieves 154 kW @ 7,800 rpm, RS Clio 2.0L 131kw@6500rpm, S2000 2.0L 176kW @ 8300rpm, GTi180 with 130kW @ 7000rpm... and then the new 2.0L 197 Clio with 143kW I think

They are the only NEW hy-po 2.0Ls I can think of... and to be honest, I'd find it hard for the 2.0L ST to get 150kw. A little optimistic. That's just my opinion...

*EDIT* I Should mention, I think it's unachievable with $3,000! Surely with $15k you could do anything you like with a 2.0L!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 19-10-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 20-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #103
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Teki read up on the Duratec and you will soon find out it responds extremly well to mods. Main reason being is the magical Duratec head.

Its stupid to compare a stock engine to a modified one. A factory engine has to have good torque throughout the rev range and most of all be able to run for 3years and 100,000km even with dodgy servicing, poor maintence and run on low grade fuel. Thats why aftermarket tuners will always be able to get more power than the factory. Even the S2000 which is very highly tuned responsed to the basic breathing mods. A modded engine can be tuned to run only on high grade fuel, high grade oil and with good servicing thus allowing it to gain power.

Steps to get power from the ST on the cheap:
STEP 1: Full Exhuast $1200 - I was quoted this price for a full 2.25inch system from hitech in Stainless steel. You may be able to save some money by shopping around and/or using Mild Steel. This Should get it down to $1000. Milltek quote 16kw gain. We have 126kw.

STEP 2: Pod Filter with new intake pipe. Can be anything you imagine. You should be able to get this done for the $200 mark. Gain of 3-4kw but largly depends how good you do. We have 130kw for around the $1250-1450 mark.

STEP 3a: Custom Cams. Customs cams ground here and will probably work out cheaper. Depending on what duration and lift you run your power will vary. Without going extreme some nice gains can be made. Without checking im guessing the $1000mark.

STEP 3b: Custom tune. Getting the ford computer reflashed is a great low cost option when it comes to flashing. Don't bother with the bluefin for the same reasons other one-fits-all flashs are bad, you can't adjust them to suit your car. With the right tools most performance workshops will be able to reflash your car (CAPA are able to get into the duratec for one). With the above mods are tuned for running on 98 or 100RON fuel. A 20kw gain is very acheivable (Bluefin claim 10kw from a stock engine and an extra 10kw with some slighty more aggressive cams is very possible) and some more revs to take advantage of the huge gains in breathing. Id expect to pay $250 to $500.

With those steps not only have you a void new car warranty but also 150KW+ (actual power largly depends on cam specs) for around the $2750-$2950.

If you able and willing to do some work yourself you can save some money.
Old 20-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #104
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i told you pie would explain things.......damo.....Thanks Pie...

Old 20-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #105
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

All hail The PieMan. Thanks dude. For once im not delusional.

That kinda power output sounds great but i think the fact of a voided warrently is a concern. :

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 20-10-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old 20-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #106
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
STEP 3b: Custom tune...... . Id expect to pay $250 to $500.
From experience that would probably just pay for your dyno time. Custom tuning isn't cheap especially when it's not on a Commondoor or Falcoon.
Old 20-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #107
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I'd hate to say it, but any of the mods described here are likely to void your warranty. Having said that, it has got me thinking even if we're only dealing with the 1.6L here...
Old 20-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #108
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
I'd hate to say it, but any of the mods described here are likely to void your warranty. Having said that, it has got me thinking even if we're only dealing with the 1.6L here...
lol ive already thought of that leathal...hows 160+BHP shound???

Old 21-10-2006, 02:37 AM   #109
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
From experience that would probably just pay for your dyno time. Custom tuning isn't cheap especially when it's not on a Commondoor or Falcoon.
Depends what place you goto. You are reflashing a stock ecu so you have the Ford map as a base as well as all the temperature correction, cold start program etc. This drastically cuts tuning time. If you dump in a new aftermarket ECU and have to start from stratch that will increase costs considerably.

Its up to your where you go and how much you pay. But I know for a fact thats the price I can pay to get my car tuned if I wanted.

To the guys thinking of modding the 1.6L internals will stand upto 220PS.
Old 21-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #110
FlaminFiesta

nice work pie! how much for a spare battery lol just joking hehe!!

for me its

XR5 v XR4 atm, as i will bebuying next year... any one turboed a xr4 yet?
Old 21-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #111
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Depends what place you goto. You are reflashing a stock ecu so you have the Ford map as a base as well as all the temperature correction, cold start program etc. This drastically cuts tuning time. If you dump in a new aftermarket ECU and have to start from stratch that will increase costs considerably.

Its up to your where you go and how much you pay. But I know for a fact thats the price I can pay to get my car tuned if I wanted.

To the guys thinking of modding the 1.6L internals will stand upto 220PS.
220PS? please explain PIE... ty

Old 21-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #112
Danny
GT4.

Another Abbreviation for HP mate. Its teh German Abbreviation for it.
Old 21-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #113
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
thanks Danny. so 220BHP is right?

Old 21-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #114
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Its actually a different measurement altogether.

PS stands for Pfederstarke, which when translated, if I remember correctly, literally translaters to Horsepower. However, HP and BHP, the worldwide accepted standards, are different to PS, which some refer to as "metric horsepower." I personally hate PS because I view it as a stupid idea, in that horsepower itself is an imperial measurement, so how can there be a metric version? kW is the proper metric power measurement... but anyway, the rule goes soforth...

1kW = 1.34bhp
1kW = 1.359PS
1bhp = 1.014PS

Lets take the widely known Jap power-cap of 206kW.

206kW = 276bhp = 280PS.

Or the BMW M5's power output...

373kW = 500bhp = 507PS

Or the Lamborghini Gallardo...

368kW = 493bhp = 500PS

Or the Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron...

736kW = 987bhp = 1001PS

Unfortunately, manufacturers often misquote the Pfederstarke figure in Brake Horsepower simply because the PS numbers are higher.

So to answer photn's question, 220PS is 217bhp. Or 162kW. However you like to measure it.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 22-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #115
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
PS stands for Pfederstarke, which when translated, if I remember correctly, literally translaters to Horsepower.
Well thats what I said... I didnt say that the numbers were the same..
Old 22-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #116
0xyg3n

Hmmm I seem to think ford is going to release the XR4 here. I cant see any management oking funds being spent a trademark they are never going to use.

If you wanna see the trademark Click Here you will need to log in as guest and then just search for XR4. It only brings up 2 results. Also you can do a search for xr5, xr6, fpv etc.
Old 22-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #117
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They might just do it "in case" they want to use it - ie. to stop some scumbag beating them to it and then charging $$$ for Ford to buy it back? Similar to people who buy popular web address and then sell them.

It would be good if I was wrong (but it's to late for me now.... see my signature!)
Old 22-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #118
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Hmmm I seem to think ford is going to release the XR4 here. I cant see any management oking funds being spent a trademark they are never going to use.

If you wanna see the trademark Click Here you will need to log in as guest and then just search for XR4. It only brings up 2 results. Also you can do a search for xr5, xr6, fpv etc.

Very interesting!!!
Old 22-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #119
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
(but it's to late for me now.... see my signature!)

:monkes: ... :

Old 22-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #120
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
All hail The PieMan.
Yes, all hail the pie man for being able to use the search function on ukfiestanetwork.

All hail the pie for being able to cut and paste :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Closed Thread