Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Default First Service

So, my Fiesta had it's first service today at the local dealer. All went well, the BA Falcon they lent me was interesting. Electric seat & pedals was fun. It handled all right but I couldn't get used to the size of the thing.
The problem started when I went to pick it up. Paid the bill,$150 seemed cheap, especially when I asked for Castrol Edge. Reading through the bill I spotted the problem, They hadn't filled it with Edge 5/30 but FMX 15/40. After pointing this out to the guy serving me & showing him the manual where it said 5/30 oil & then showing his manager as well, they agreed to drain the oil & change for Edge.
That only made me an hour late for work. The final insult when I picked my car up, the mechanic told me my FESTIVA was ready to go.
Would you expect the company that sold you a car, would know what kind of oil THEY should put in it. & how many other Fiesta owners have got the wrong oil in them. :

Old 22-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I supply my own Castrol EDGE 5W-30... and my Fiesta is due for a service next Saturday. Hopefully no stuff-ups.

$150 is cheap! i got quoted $265 for it... ($220 if I supply my own oil).
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i dont pay a thing ROFL. i supply my own as well. last time they guy said my FESTIVA was ready to be picked up i said, well sorry but i dont own a FESTIVA....Are you saying you lost my car. are you trying to make me pay for another cars service whats going on.......they then went and checked the car and came back and said. ohh sorry. i meant to say your FIESTA is ready to be picked up. and i said. sure no problems at all. wil be there soon. ROFL

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i dont pay a thing ROFL....
I know just the right thing to say to that, but I'm affraid I'll hurt your feeling. :yeees: :evil_laug

Quote:
i supply my own as well.
What oil do you use?

Quote:
last time they guy said my FESTIVA was ready to be picked up i said, well sorry but i dont own a FESTIVA....Are you saying you lost my car. are you trying to make me pay for another cars service whats going on.......they then went and checked the car and came back and said. ohh sorry. i meant to say your FIESTA is ready to be picked up. and i said. sure no problems at all. wil be there soon. ROFL
Yeh, it's quite embarrasing isnt it. Refer to this post on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
You'd be surprised how many Ford dealers refer the Fiestas as the "new Festiva". I wont name names, but yeh... shocking!

Ivan : "hi there, i'd like to get a quote on a minor service for a Fiesta"
Ford : "No problems, the Festiva was it?"
Ivan : "Fiesta, not Festiva"
Ford : "Ah right, the new ones"
Ivan : " : "

Same with places like Autobarn, Repco etc etc... lack of education.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post