Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #301
newi

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
Drove an auto XR8 and a manual XR8 around the you yangs today.

Amazing cars.

Value buy of the century.

Auto xr8 would activate dsc on WOT at 70-80 kmh.
Lucky b@stard!!! How did you manage that???!
newi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #302
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone that's placed an order actually been shown or told that it's an actual FGX XR8 model code that's been ordered by the dealer?? I believe most thinking they have put an order in on an XR8 dealers are actually using FPV codes and waiting to change them over. Shouldn't make a difference to most in the end but just some dealers saying they don't have the codes to order n this was monday. Still waiting to hear back.. Can anyone confirm plz??
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #303
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any first time new ford buyers. U will see the reason only die hard falcon fans persisted with ford year after year. It's the car and nothing else. I bought a brand new FG F6 in 09 and I have a couple of stories ford Aus would be ashamed of bigtime!! I don't wanna eleborate n deter anyone cause an FGX XR8 will please any owner for a lifetime and as a falcon fanatic of course I'm back in line for the last V8. However I must say my new FPV experience felt all but ruined for a month or two directly because of Ford service.

I don't think for a second other brands are better service wise, I doubt they are. All I know is if I wasn't a falcon fanatic I would have never in a million years have bought another ford.. Period.. From this I saw a big part of why our icon the falcon is all but gone n I can't say I blame anyone that's been through the same for leaving ford for another badge.

There must be some dealers with good knowledge n service somewhere.

Ending on a positive any FG bugs aka mixer shafts ect should be sorted by now hopefully n not be n issue in the FGX.. Bit off topic sorry guys but yeah just dealing with ford again last couple a wks seemed to start exactly the same to 09. Advice I would give is if your are getting stuffed around speak directly to the dealer principle. I just hope the XR8 never has an issue I can't fix myself n I never have to see them again lol

Ps I end up loving the F6.. Never got sick of smashing new GTS's at the time in a stock turbo 6. Nor the look on the faces of the cammed up LS commie drivers when the hot blonde beside em just realised she wants to be sitting in that turbo falcon!!

Cheers
This user likes this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #304
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
Has anyone that's placed an order actually been shown or told that it's an actual FGX XR8 model code that's been ordered by the dealer?? I believe most thinking they have put an order in on an XR8 dealers are actually using FPV codes and waiting to change them over. Shouldn't make a difference to most in the end but just some dealers saying they don't have the codes to order n this was monday. Still waiting to hear back.. Can anyone confirm plz??
Yes I Have, it's listed as below:

Make: FORD GTAJ9BB
Model: FG X Falcon XR8 Sedan 5.0L 6SPD MAN
Colour: VICTORY GOLD
Trim: LEATHER SHADOW

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #305
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newi View Post
Lucky b@stard!!! How did you manage that???!
Ford approached the Falcon GT Club of Victoria and asked if we would like to drive some Ford employees around the You Yangs....and drive the new XR6T and XR8 SC

As you can understand - we were happy to oblige!

PS: Doing it again next Tuesday
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #306
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Yes I Have, it's listed as below:

Make: FORD GTAJ9BB
Model: FG X Falcon XR8 Sedan 5.0L 6SPD MAN
Colour: VICTORY GOLD
Trim: LEATHER SHADOW

George
Thanks mate.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #307
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
Ford approached the Falcon GT Club of Victoria and asked if we would like to drive some Ford employees around the You Yangs....and drive the new XR6T and XR8 SC

As you can understand - we were happy to oblige!

PS: Doing it again next Tuesday
What's your 3 most impressives for the XR8?

What did u enjoy more manual or auto?

Must be a hard life driving both versions of what most are still waiting to see for the first time lol. Good stuff.
Old 22-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #308
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

1. More linear power delivery than the Turbo 6

2. Breaking traction at 80kmh (twice)

3. The exhaust sound

I enjoyed the auto more as the manual was very notchy. Surprisingly short throws between gears too.

If I was to buy one I would get the manual...even though it is slower.

Wish I could post pictures but all cameras/phones were confiscated on entry as there were some interesting development mules running around.

I will be getting some pictures in a few weeks time as they had a professional photographer there (he also works for Street Machine and some other magazines)

EDIT: if I was to buy one the wheels would go straight into storage. Just cant stomach them.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #309
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice.. I had the manual in FG F6 and found it got better after bout 20-30000kms. Both new cars I've had needed at least 15-20kms to come alive n loosen up. Also heard different oil or modifier helps the G/box feel.
Old 22-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #310
40gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
Did they say what was in the X pack,as none of this was mentioned when I went into Sydney dealers cheers
It's for any Ford.
A total car protection system plus it also now includes the darkest legal window tint package in the price.

There is a spiel here:
http://www.jeffersonford.com.au/x_pack.html

I jokingly stated Scotchguard would be a lot cheaper, but the selling point of the X-Pack is the lifetime guarantee. I was told products like Scotchguard have a limited life span.

Plus I liked the thought of never having to polish your car, at least for a very long time with the "Self-cleaning titanium dioxide TiO2 composition "

After reading more here, I also went back to the dealer and asked about the XR8 car mats and if I had to pay extra for metallic paint. Apparently the only non metallic paint is white.
I ordered Silhouette ( black ) - that was included in the price, no extra fee and if the car comes with XR8 mats available - they will include them as well.
That works for me. No harm in asking.
40gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #311
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40gt View Post

Plus I liked the thought of never having to polish your car, at least for a very long time with the "Self-cleaning titanium dioxide TiO2 composition "
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #312
smiddy

Quote:
Put Deposit down today for white ,manual, full tank petrol, mats, spare wheel .deliverry around early march apparently. very happy with deal .I thought spare wheel was free but it is $250 option.
Found out today from dealer they made a mistake ,xr8 comes standard with spare alloy no charge cheers
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #313
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found the spare wheel price on the ford web page as well however when I built a car on there I noticed it didn’t actually add the $250. Having a hard time deciding on a colour. I have the number plates picked just need to decide between white and kinetic…….

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #314
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm still debating buying one, I've only had my st since jan last year and it's a great car but the chance to own one of the last falcons and xr8's is tempting and after being part of the falcon fanatic event has made even more tempting lol it's a hard decision to make, just looking at all options, keep the st or trade/sell it and buy an xr8??

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #315
smiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
I found the spare wheel price on the ford web page as well however when I built a car on there I noticed it didn’t actually add the $250. Having a hard time deciding on a colour. I have the number plates picked just need to decide between white and kinetic…….

Cheers Ryan
I ended up ringing FOA themselves and after a couple of return calls by them they confirmed it for me.i faced same decision re colour, ended up going for white only because it doesn't show scratches as easy and swirl marks too.cheers
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #316
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
It's for any Ford.
A total car protection system plus it also now includes the darkest legal window tint package in the price.

There is a spiel here:

I jokingly stated Scotchguard would be a lot cheaper, but the selling point of the X-Pack is the lifetime guarantee. I was told products like Scotchguard have a limited life span.

After reading more here, I also went back to the dealer and asked about the XR8 car mats and if I had to pay extra for metallic paint. Apparently the only non metallic paint is white.
I ordered Silhouette ( black ) - that was included in the price, no extra fee and if the car comes with XR8 mats available - they will include them as well.
X-Pack is crap. If you get 6 months out of it before it washes off you will be lucky.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #317
elfinke

Quote:
I ended up ringing FOA themselves and after a couple of return calls by them they confirmed it for me.i faced same decision re colour, ended up going for white only because it doesn't show scratches as easy and swirl marks too.cheers
White cars cause me so much internal dissonance it isn't funny. I've never been able to reconcile my like/dislike feeling about it.

On the one hand, it's potentially the most boring and 'safe' colour you can pick. As you say, it's easier to maintain (relatively speaking) and you are less of an obvious target next to a green or orange car. Those things turn me off white: too safe, too company car-ish.

But every raccoon-eyed F6 or GT I've seen in white has been gobsmackingly, head-turningly beautiful (I adore those raccoon eyes so much), and the FGX XR8 in white on the Ford website is similarly stunning. So much so that white is on my shortlist of colours to look at once they're in showrooms/on the ground.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #318
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
It's for any Ford.

There is a spiel here:

This stuff is basically a high priced scam. Dealers have been selling it for years. They give you all these guarantees etc which 99% of people never go back on. Read the fine print!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #319
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
White cars cause me so much internal dissonance it isn't funny. I've never been able to reconcile my like/dislike feeling about it.

On the one hand, it's potentially the most boring and 'safe' colour you can pick. As you say, it's easier to maintain (relatively speaking) and you are less of an obvious target next to a green or orange car. Those things turn me off white: too safe, too company car-ish.

But every raccoon-eyed F6 or GT I've seen in white has been gobsmackingly, head-turningly beautiful (I adore those raccoon eyes so much), and the FGX XR8 in white on the Ford website is similarly stunning. So much so that white is on my shortlist of colours to look at once they're in showrooms/on the ground.
The one thing I have found like yourself is that the White really highlights some of the features of the car. The tail lights for one are much more define and stand out allot more with white when they seam to get lost on the other colours this goes with the grill etc as well! I have been studying the pictures on Facebook and it's so hard to choose as I'm getting itchy feet to order!

Cheers Ryan
Old 23-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #320
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My BF XR6T is blue, XA Hardtop is pepper red I think white would be something different and my FG F6 is black but unfortunately that will have to go to make way for the XR8.

Cheers Ryan
Old 23-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #321
Dissgrace

I went white because it just looks clean. A good polish and tyre black and it looks a million bucks. Plus a dark tint and it looks even better.

If you want to go aftermarket wheels just about all styles and finishes go with the white as well.

I agree with below post as well about white GTs and F6's looking so good and that was what got me over the line in choosing the colour.
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #322
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A plus point to White is it get the body coloured engine bay all others get the black engine bay I believe!

Cheers Ryan
Old 24-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #323
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers Ryan
Old 24-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #324
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers Ryan

If the White ones are going to get the body colour under the bonnet I might have to buy a manual one for myself

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #325
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have those valve covers got the good old Power By Ford or the later Powered By Ford script on them?

Cheers Mick
Old 24-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #326
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
A plus point to White is it get the body coloured engine bay all others get the black engine bay I believe!

Cheers Ryan
They all get their respective undercoat color.
Old 24-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #327
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
Have those valve covers got the good old Power By Ford or the later Powered By Ford script on them?

Cheers Mick
I recall seeing a picture of the side of the XR8 engine, and it has Powered By Ford in a modern block font, all in caps. Think they were a grey colour too.
Old 24-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #328
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
They all get their respective undercoat color.

Mmmm..............the plot thickens.

Cheers Mick
Old 24-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #329
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
I recall seeing a picture of the side of the XR8 engine, and it has Powered By Ford in a modern block font, all in caps. Think they were a grey colour too.

Thanks

Cheers Mick
Old 24-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #330
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here you go

Some waiting to go into some HSV slayers

3 users like this post: