Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
crispymk2

Default My Crash Pics

Finally got around to hosting the pics from my crash.

I hit a Diahatsu charade sedan and stoved the hell out of her boot.

She was waiting to turn left onto a hwy and I was waiting behind her. She pulled out and I looked to my right to check it was still clear, which it was.

So i begin to pull out and as I turn to look ahead, bang... she is stopped in the middle of the hwy, fully past the give-way line. We suspect she was trying to answer her mobile at the time as she denied having a phone on her then 5 minutes later went to her car and started talking on her phone.

It was my fault according to the insurance company because we couldnt prove she was on the phone at the time.

So I got $100 and three points for driving without due care and attention and $500 excess for the repairs on our three week old car.

heres the pics inc after the repairs, they matched the colours pretty well, I want to get euro plates so the bent one will do for now.

the rest are HERE

Old 27-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's unfortunate, man.

Yeah im pretty paranoid about my car, I REALLY leave 3-second gap ever since I got my Fiesta
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

NOT COOL, what a stupid B****H. last time one of my mates got rear ended the father of the lady that was pregnant in the car got out and decked him for causing the accident. that sucks dude, good to see it back on the road. keep on trucking!!! :eclipsee_

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
EFDream
XRR83D

Thats sucks.....when u can't do anything about something and it's not even your fault.

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That truly blows big time, even more so since its a 3 week old car!! Was it only a bumper damage? Or were it's insides all squiggled up?
Old 28-07-2006, 12:53 AM   #6
theostheone

i would take this opportunity to put on an aftermaket bodykit if i were you... might have to get it custom made/imported though...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone
i would take this opportunity to put on an aftermaket bodykit if i were you... might have to get it custom made/imported though...
I did the same thing on my old Car. Front and rear got hit. I put it in and two weeks later had a bodykit.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #8
goop

bugger :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
Thats sucks.....when u can't do anything about something and it's not even your fault.
I disagree. Ultimately, even if someone is driving like a dope, it's still your responsibilty to not hit 'em up the bum
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
crispymk2

Yeah, I know. At the end of the day it is my fault cause i should have been watching exactly where I was going.

But thats the habit most ppl get into, we tend to assume if the car in front leaves that its your turn to check right and if its clear you go, but it's just a shame that I had to learn to check left again the hard way.

I would have been more than happy to stack the old barina but my three week old car is different. At least i stuffed her car more, and no one was hurt.

And besides, who the **** stops in the middle of a hwy?

I didn't get the chance to upgrade to a body kit cause the RAC seem to just do everything their way... Later I will...
Old 28-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
That truly blows big time, even more so since its a 3 week old car!! Was it only a bumper damage? Or were it's insides all squiggled up?
(sorry for the double post)

The damage was confined to the bumper and a little bit of the bonnet. It was fairly "straight on" so the chassis and sub frames wernt affected.

The head and fog lights wernt touched either, but the radiator support was cracked but while dented, the radiator wasnt holed.

Her car was stoved in heaps, i was very impressed with the strenght of the lil fez
Old 28-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #11
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispymk2
So I got $100 and three points for driving without due care and attention
How did you get the 3 points? Did the coppers rock up? Or a police report was put in? Cause some old geezer drove into my path literally (he was oncoming turning right, I was going straight.. BANG) and I dont think the old geezer got any points. And that was certainly driving without due car and attention (or intelligence... who turns into the path of an oncoming car thats 20 meters away going 50kph???)

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #12
crispymk2

Nah, I filled in a police report cause it was over a grand in damage cause the insurance co needed it and a few weeks later I got a letter in the mail with the fine.