Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
bb_zetec

Default LV Focus Zetec Footwell lighting not working

Hi Guys,

Had my focus for a few weeks now...noticed that the footwell lights are not working. I recall now that they never seemed to have worked even on the test drive....(i diddnt even know footwell lights came with this car!)

Stuck my head under there and the bulbs are in place in both sides (5W Wedge)...but they dont light up. Both bulbs looked fine...but i got two new ones and tried them..still no lights.

The main internal cabin light is working and comes on on door and always on mode.

Any ideas where to look...i'm thinking either a fuse or loose connector somewhere...or is it something that i need the Ford dealer techs to look at?

Cheers Guys...

bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
FORD5

Hi, I would check the fuse and make sure its ok, If your've changed the bulbs my guess would be a fuse.

suss it out yourself before taking it to the ford dealer, They'd charge you an arm and a leg for an otherwise easy job.

cheers
FORD5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
bb_zetec

Got my circuit tester out and checked across all the fuses, they are all OK, and the interior light is working...assuming that these footwell lights run off the same circuit, guess its something more than i thought.

Looks like i'll need to head to the dealer for it to get looked at.
Old 22-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
bb_zetec

Default Re: LV Focus Zetec Footwell lighting not working

Old thread i know...

But, upon taking the car to Ford for a service, they have uncovered the root cause.

When i bought the car (from the same Ford dealership), i asked about bluetooth. As it is a LV Mark 1, it is not a standard option.

They advised that Bluetooth "could be installed", and that as part of the negotiation process, included Bluetooth with the sale.

What they seem to have done is organise a third party auto electrician to install a non genuine kit, and have cut the wire to these lights to power the bluetooth module.

I was not impressed...i advised them to rectify this...as i was never given an option of a genuine kit being available. Genuine or not, i dont see why they could not have spliced the power off these lights rather than cut them off completely. After presenting this point to them...they said i should go to an auto electrician of my own to get this sorted out.

The dealership basically fobbed it off and said that i should speak to the salesman that sold me the car. I disputed this, and even offered to pay for the genuine kit, and have them remove this current one and reconnect the wiring. Their response is "why do you want to spend so much getting these lights to work".

I will be complaining to Ford CSC about this...but dont have high hopes of a resolution.

Call me picky as its over a set of courtesy lights....but why should i have to put up with this?

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
Old 24-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's disgraceful! Have you tried MTA etc? Go over the top and threaten every thing you can. The damn car should be as it was, and the BT kit should not even need wires cut.

I have a nokia in mine, and no cut wires anywhere. Nexxia sell the looms, and I believe some OZ sellers do too, so they dont have a leg to stand on.

Maybe this site can help with a bit of pressure? Try talkin to some of the mods who are dealers.

Best of luck, and please let us know how you went.

At thevery least name the bastards!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
bb_zetec

Hey Guys...an update.

I got a call from the Service Manager at the Ford Dealership. He advised that he contacted the Bluetooth installer who advised that the footwell lighting should not have been affected by the bluetooth kit. He then politely requested that i return the car to the workshop for them to take a second look at it.

They found a fault within the BEM module that runs the interior lights/central locking/power windows etc... and ordered a replacement under warranty. They diddnt have one in stock, so it had to be freighted in from melbourne.

Good news is that it musnt be a commonly replaced part!

Once it was replaced and my keys recoded to the new BEM, everything works fine...i now have footwell lighting again!

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire