Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I hate getting new tyres...bald ones are so much better!

Having finally worn my tyres to slicks, they are handling just fantastically!

Sadly today I have put on some newys, and like always, the grip affects turn in hugely.

Drove up to Falls Creek and back on Tuesday with the "slicks", and had a nice old time thinking Its flying, but soon to be roadworthy, I will have to sacrifice my super handling (in dry at least). Funnily, there were quite a lot of damp patches and some light rain, but having the tyres warmed up, the grip with no grip was still better than having "grip".

Another funny tyre fact I have figured out, is that I find badly unroadworthy expensive tyres much grippier in most situations including wet(not flooding rain) than brand new cheaper tyres.

No grip on dirt is lots of fun, in that there is no grip :-)

Old 22-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I don't mean to be rude...but are you for real? For one thing this thread is like maccas with salad-pointless.
For another, I can't believe you think you're "cool" to run your tyres to slicks and then drive hill runs in them, then come on here and flex your finger muscles talking about it?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 22-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Not only is it dangerous for you & others, I beleive that having more grip (no bald tyres) is safer and more controlable. Each to their own just don't put others at risk.
Old 22-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Thread closed due to being a bad influence on any children reading...
Closed Thread