Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #181
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Huge congrats to those who attended and won trophies.

Anyone notice your judging sticker hadn’t been marked off? Half a doz of our club members weren’t marked off or judged. I don't go to these things to win, but it would have been nice not to be abused by the event staff when asked about why so many cars didn't get judged.

So a big congrats to those who won, although I can't help but wonder if the outcome would have been different if all the cars that entered for judging were actually judged.

Anyway, had fun regardless.

Cam
GTP 200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #182
ORSMF6
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 200
Huge congrats to those who attended and won trophies.

Anyone notice your judging sticker hadn’t been marked off? Half a doz of our club members weren’t marked off or judged. I don't go to these things to win, but it would have been nice not to be abused by the event staff when asked about why so many cars didn't get judged.

So a big congrats to those who won, although I can't help but wonder if the outcome would have been different if all the cars that entered for judging were actually judged.

Cam

I did notice that there was about a dozen people all trying to chat with the organsiers about so many cars not getting judged...

Its a real shame as they went to a lot of effort to make thinks run a lot smoother which it did except the judging.

I did go for a walk to check out how many other were effected by not beening judged and there were a lot of cars with judging boxes numbered but no tick in the judged box...

The fact they tried to claim all cars were judged but not seem to have the judging sheets for cars that were not judged :

Orsm Ford Cruisers

Last edited by ORSMF6; 19-02-2009 at 12:39 PM.
ORSMF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #183
5LGhiaWgn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMF6
I did notice that there was about a dozen people all trying to chat with the organsiers about so many cars not getting judged...

Its a real shame as they went to a lot of effort to make thinks run a lot smoother which it did except the judging.

I did go for a walk to check out how many other were effected by not beening judged and there were a lot of cars with judging boxes numbered but no tick in the judged box...

The fact they tried to claim all cars were judged but not seem to have the judging sheets for cars that were not judged :
Well being one of the judges for the e - series some cars were judged and not ticked there were a number of cars that were not able to be located and such. also entrants that entered to be judged that were in clubs and not specified this were put into a misc section, having to walk around the 1500 od cars that attended to locate them was a massive task so some were bound to be missed.
5LGhiaWgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #184
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Mine was ticked.
Actually looked like a smiley face
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #185
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Anyone hear the guy who interviewed Frosty keep referring to him as Marcus Winterbottom. Surely it can't be that hard to get a name right. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #186
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

A awesome day, it was a challenge to actually get around to seeing every car before they started leaving.

Did anyone see the older guy sitting with his original condition XF, think it was a Fairmont, that made my day to see a guy dedicated to keeping a XF in that order.

On another note, I managed to get in two of these pictures, must have been following the camera around. Im the guy with the Ford tattoo on my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Yep. I'm one of them, but a lot of members aren't on here

Old 20-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #187
Dezza
Parts bin special

Well how bout that!

That XF, that was the beige one, right? I liked it. It was stock as a rock but was just mint. It looked like it had just rolled off the showroom floor.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 02:06 AM   #188
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaLLy_KaTTy
Anyone get pictures of my car :P
Only one by the looks....

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #189
RaLLy_KaTTy
Starter Motor

lol Tuddy! U shoulda been there mate... Let me down!
RaLLy_KaTTy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #190
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 200

Cam
As 5LGhiaWgn has already mentioned, there was a few issues with finding cars that had either been moved, parked in wrong spot or just hadn't filled the judging sheet filled out correctly. (You'd be surprised on the high quantity of low quality of judging sheets we received!) We also experienced a difficulty with people entering their car in completely the wrong category. : There were a few cars, and I mean only a few, that were actually missed due to an error in the judges office. Some sheets were put aside by my volunteers, as they weren't completely filled out, however they weren't passed on to me to check due to a breakdown in communication and a very high peak work load. (We had to process 500 odd cars in 2 hours). I actually checked through the paperwork to find yours after a comment to me by XRENVI, and discovered this error on the day after. At this stage all I can do is appologise to you Cam, for this error.

I am interested, however, as to which official "abused" you. Please PM me with a description or a name if you got it off his/her tag. I will follow it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMF6

The dozen people were from one club, talking about one car. Which in fact HAD been judged and the sticker WAS ticked. : The President of their club has since formally appologised to our organisers for their actions which happened without his knowledge and the leader of this group was facing disciplinary actions. I don't like to see things blown out of proportion. :
There was also a few of the judges who forgot to mark the stickers, as we found out later.
The judging DID actually go a lot smoother than in previous years. The biggest issue was the entries on the day, which were much greater than last year. This will be fixed next year, as we will be making a few changes. Only Pre-registered cars will be judged, there will be no entries on the day. Also all club reserved parking will be booked via pre-registration. And we will tighten up control of the parking via the stickers. We now have a good database of all those entered and will send info out regarding these changes in due course.

I will add that, at no car show that I have ever been to, have the judging sheets ever been available to the entrants. They are strickly confidential to the Judges and HAVE not and WILL not ever be released. I am not sure why people were asking for them and what they hoped to achieve!

Cheers, Tony
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #191
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Takes forever to get my photos enhanced, reduced and then uploaded onto my site.

Anyway here are the photos. (FINALLY)

http://www.velociraptor.biz/frame.php?page=geelong

And NO I promise you my Focus is still the same length as it was when it left the factory. lol
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #192
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351
I will add that, at no car show that I have ever been to, have the judging sheets ever been available to the entrants. They are strickly confidential to the Judges and HAVE not and WILL not ever be released. I am not sure why people were asking for them and what they hoped to achieve!

Cheers, Tony
same here, never seen them.

the only reason that i'd like to be able to see the scores for my car is so i can get an idea of what area i need to improve on
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #193
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Good judges would normally be quite happy to verbally give you pointers, and identify things that will help you earn better marks. For example, if you wanted to build a Top 60 Summernats car, Owen Webb would be a one such judge.

Great to see the Autotek/Hillier Conversions Raptop, love that ute.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #194
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

the all holden day in geelong gave out the judging sheets with my trophey, with marks 1 to 10 for the enginebay, paint/panel, interior, undercarriage/wheels/ & overall score, thought it was a great idea.

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #195
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

to be quite honest I know the shows don't give you the sheets. But it would help, asyour own car looks fine in your eyes because you may be blinded by the costs !! but to another person whocan tell the difference they may be able to give pointers, and the sheets can do that.
Just my opinion. I won my class so I am very happy either way, but would also appreciate some quality advice on what could be improved.
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post