Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default MP4-12C & High Sport GT3 revealed

MP4-12C High Sport

MP4-12C GT3

Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MP4-12C & High Sport GT3 revealed

People say it's plain but I rekon that's one of the most gorgeous cars on the road, especially in that deep blue colour.
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does the road car have those massive wheels (that wouls ride terribly over most surfaces you would think), when the gt3 car obviously handles better and has much smaller diameter wheels?

Nice car!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

This car is really the best all-round supercar - Chris Harris says so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKB-...ature=g-user-u
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not a fan, it looks a bit over cooked , they over do it with masses of vents and Aero bs, i`d much rather a Ford GT or Ferrari.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Why does the road car have those massive wheels (that wouls ride terribly over most surfaces you would think), when the gt3 car obviously handles better and has much smaller diameter wheels?

Nice car!
They can have those massive wheels and it will still ride smooth, the McLaren suspension has no anti roll bars and is pretty high tech, and although it basically has no body roll it apparently rides really well from what i've heard. James May on TG thought it was like a limo.

Race cars always have smaller wheels because suitable race rubber is usually found in smaller diameters. F1 cars use such high profile tyres because the tyres are part of the suspension and deform under load. The sidewalls are apparently tissue paper thin.

Class regulations might also only permit certain size rims.

When are they doing a replacement for the McLaren F1? I've heard its on the agenda.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual

Nice car!
I'm not a fan of big wheels either, but look at the brakes on the High Sport to see why it has big wheels.

I'd would love to work at that factory (It's a masterpiece).
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I still prefer the 458 (and im not a Ferrari fan), but that is one sexy looking car.