Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #1
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default pub/club lockouts

what exactly is a pub lockout trying to achieve, especially an hour or more from closing time?

Old 19-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Scott

Just a guess - Emptying of the pub in a staged fashion so as not to spill a full drunken mob onto the footpath with nowhere to go all at once. Also, not accepting the people with a skinful who have likely been chucked out of the pub around the corner for smacking someone.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

The lock out was put in place to get people out of the smaller placers that have a 1am license and for them to ether get moving home OR go to a place with a later license ( eg:3am) at this point the "lock out" will come into effect at 1:30am
Those people in a pub can stay there .. those out on the streets will be urged to go home by the police.

So .. You have 5 license venues in town 3 close at 1 am and the other 2 close at 3am

When 1am comes around people leave these places to move onto the 3am spots.
If they are drunk .. they don't get it Prob #1 solved
If they don't get to the next venue on time.. they don't get in ....Prob#2 solved
Now.. If these people are on the streets they have around 1:30hrs to find there own way home ... Or the police will shout you a cell for the night if you play-up.
In the 1:30hrs from the lock out till the end of the night it means that there is less people on the streets at any 1 time so it makes it easy r for the taxis and police to do there job..... In MOST cases the streets are cleared in about 45min and they have gotten maybe 300 - 400 off the streets.
When the other 2 places close at 3am .. you then get that big rush all over again but this time it wall be 500 - 600 people ...
Now having the lock out helps get rid of a few drunks so there is less fights at the end of the night .. AND it makes it easy r to Control a crowd of 600 .. then it is to control a crowd of 1,000 all at once

Hope that helps

Cheers
Old 19-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been implemented in a couple of places I've lived for years now, definately cuts down on the amount of damage and violence caused by drunks at closing time.

Regards,
Tote
Old 19-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to stop more people from coming back in, its an hour to go before they close last thing they want is everyone from the club down the road flooding another

simple message time to go home you drunks..

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

From my experience it just moves the fights/arguements forward by two hours
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
It's been implemented in a couple of places I've lived for years now, definately cuts down on the amount of damage and violence caused by drunks at closing time.

Regards,
Tote
No it doesnt, instead of them happening in smaller groups and times throughout the night, (easier to manage) they now happen all at the same time at ten past 3.
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

well of the 3 pubs in the town, 1 shuts whenever they feel like it, usually when theres not too many people left, another enforces a lockout at 1am and the third at 1:45am, all have 2am licences

what bugs me is that invariably im the designated driver/poor bugger assigned to keeping the girls out of too much trouble, and if i've gotta drop someone off after the 1am lockout, i've gotta relocate everyone to whichever pub is open, or i just sit my on the pavement for a while...... pretty stupid idea IMO
Old 20-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #9
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Lockout in Shepp is 2am,
1 pub closes at 1am
1 pub/club closes at 3am
Another at ~2:30
3 clubs close at 5am (most people go to these after the pubs close)
Lockout here was introduced in July, and it hasnt changed the town with "the most drunken bashings/damage in Victoria (quote from the herald sun)
Shepp is the worst, you cant even look at someone without them starting you.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Ballarat was one of the first places to start it off, Warrnambool was the very first I believe but I'm not sure if they still do it. At first it was a bit of a flop but after the teething issues were ironed out things have picked up. It is definately a good thing along with the Safe Taxi rank which is the only one in town where you can get a cab on a Friday/Saturday night. Helps the Police know where to focus their attention.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Yes Warrnambool was the very first Place to do it
and also the First place with the Safe (supervised) Taxi rank

I am a Licensee and just up graded my license .
and I too have to go by the liquor licensee's accord that states all license venue's have to have a 1:30am lock-out Here in Warrnambool.

The last 2 clubs close at 3am