Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #121
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Default Re: Panic Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
dont know how old you are , but believe it or not , drinking alcohol really is not the norm .
i used to drink beer and spirits from age 15 to24 , stopped because i married a non drinker <<< not the right reason to stop . anyhow after many binges with the boys into the mid 30's you come to realize you only do it to feel happy , and after a while the conceptrion of happy changes , if i go out now and drink , i pretty much dont change how i am , or may just get heavy headed and a massive 3 day hangover , so a really really big alcohol night for me now is 3 beers , or 5 beers max . pretty much now the norm is 2 beers twice weekly . and i gotta say , if you need a drink to have a good time , that is not normal , sorry but its the truth , even though sometimes i go to a club and dont drink , then i dont want to be there , therefore they are boring places as i dont like them in my real state , sober .
unless i go with a mate i can have 1 or two ,anymore and i wouldnt be there to enjoy a mates company .
just dont drink for a while and find a hobby/ hobby club instead , and you'll find you seek different kinds of fun .

The 3 years of drinking was to deal with PTSD from an overseas army deployment.
I think I am doing quite well.
It takes 3 weeks to adjust to any new routine.
Playing pool sober was hard, but I am getting it sorted out now, as tonight will be the start of the 3rd week sober.

I have a month alcohol free planned,who knows from there.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #122
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl

The 3 years of drinking was to deal with PTSD from an overseas army deployment.
I think I am doing quite well.
It takes 3 weeks to adjust to any new routine.
Playing pool sober was hard, but I am getting it sorted out now, as tonight will be the start of the 3rd week sober.

I have a month alcohol free planned,who knows from there.

sorry about your PTSD mate . glad your on the mend . hang in there . i was only talking about my own experience , not from a disorder/or psychological point of view . i may have been a little out of line given the topic of this thread . i'm glad your doing something to improve yourself mate . cheers .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #123
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
sorry about your PTSD mate . glad your on the mend . hang in there . i was only talking about my own experience , not from a disorder/or psychological point of view . i may have been a little out of line given the topic of this thread . i'm glad your doing something to improve yourself mate . cheers .
No worries.

On a similar topic though, I just had a weird feeling of dread come over me.

Its a bit off putting, however I do have the capability to treat my 'issues' like another personality so to speak, and just not listen.

I have a court case friday, so I can see the end of the week not being great.
Old 27-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #124
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
So how is everyone going now???

Off the meds, not exactly, super awesome omg lets do this motivated and what not, but I'm self managing through CBT now.

Mind you, I nearly put my fist through the computer the other day, with one of my other half's mates telling me I'm negative and he's going to help me be positive, "just like him". When told that it wasn't necessary (in a more round about way than that, I was pretty peeved with his attitude towards someone he knows has a mental illness), he told me he wouldn't read it because clearly i thought I was right when I wasn't, those that have met me twice, apparently know me better than I know myself
Anyway, that's my rant, and that's the first time I've had a major setback control wise, since I came off the meds two months ago.... So all in all, I'm getting back on track!
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #125
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotski
Off the meds, not exactly, super awesome omg lets do this motivated and what not, but I'm self managing through CBT now.

Mind you, I nearly put my fist through the computer the other day, with one of my other half's mates telling me I'm negative and he's going to help me be positive, "just like him". When told that it wasn't necessary (in a more round about way than that, I was pretty peeved with his attitude towards someone he knows has a mental illness), he told me he wouldn't read it because clearly i thought I was right when I wasn't, those that have met me twice, apparently know me better than I know myself
Anyway, that's my rant, and that's the first time I've had a major setback control wise, since I came off the meds two months ago.... So all in all, I'm getting back on track!

lol . you almost put your fist through the computer , i think anyone who met someone like that would have trouble not throwing punches at a guy like that .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #126
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
lol . you almost put your fist through the computer , i think anyone who met someone like that would have trouble not throwing punches at a guy like that .
I spoke to my psych about it (showed him the whole convo), his response was something along the lines of "what is he? TWELVE?"

Kinda glad other people think that way, been tolerating his crap for nearly a year now to keep the peace, kinda glad we chose to not move in with him now
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #127
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Anybody on Paroxetine? I would like to chat to those who are regarding their experiences with side effects. PM me.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #128
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Excellent thread. I’ve been putting of sharing my personal experience, but now feel I would like to.Could be a bit long winded, but I’ve never told my full story to anyone – except my wife and mum obviously. I love my mum and put her through so much.
I’m 30 years old, and have lived with depression, panic attacks, anxiety and OCD since I was 9. My depression has cleared finally, but would usually come in episodes of 3-4 months. I still suffer panic attacks regularly and have started taking Xanax to help.
My first episode began in February 1991. I was 9. I don’t have many memories, but I remember I felt very unwell (sick), didn’t eat much and generally withdrew from my friends at school (not that I had many). I often woke up at night panicking and feeling very nauseas. I have always had a fear or phobia of vomiting which doesn’t help my condition. Eventually from what I remember, mum managed to find a psychiatrist that bulk billed. This was some 3 months after the episode started. I had lot quite a bit of weight and become completely withdrawn. I hated going to school, had no appetite because I feared being sick. Luckily he picked up on the depression straight away, and I was put on medication which cleared it up.
Second episode (and probably the worst) happened in February 1996. I woke up feeling unwell one day and it just went from there. Within a week my appetite had diminished and I wasn’t eating, sleeping or generally functioning. I would wake up at 5am and feel like I was going to vomit. My heart would race and the only thing that help was by going outside and walking around. I hardly went to school for the first term. I couldn’t function. I couldn’t eat because I felt sick constantly. I couldn’t lie down because the sickness would come back. I couldn’t sleep because I couldn’t lie down. In the end I must have seen 10 doctors. After about a month I think it subsided some what, but came back after a week. Got referred to a counselor who did nothing. Saw her for about 2 months. All she did was talk about what was bothering me… why I wasn’t going to school or couldn’t eat. My depression has never been brought on by a life event. It’s simply a drop in my serotonin levels.
Anyway, it got worse. I would take off in the middle of the night and walk around. Anyone who suffers panic attacks knows about the fight / flight theory. I just had to get out of where I was ASAP. I found myself in emergency rooms trying to get help. Didn’t sleep for days on end. Was eventually admitted into a mental ward at Monash Hospital. Stayed for 2 hours and refused to spend anymore time there. The children there were violent and suffered from varying degrees of other illnesses.
From memory I think it eased a little to where I could eat a little and get by. Eventually found a doctor who specialized in this and was put on PROZAC. Felt better almost instantly. Back to normal in 2 weeks.
November 1998. Same deal. I was 17 but delt with it better. Panic attacks, finding it hard to eat (was on a liquid diet for a while). This happened while on my holidays form school. Spent most of the time out the back reading about depression and learning what I could. Eac Was put back on PROZAC in December, but didn’t do much. In January 1999 was put on ZOLOFT. That initially helped, had a set back but came good by February. I won’t go into detail here, but it again lasted 3 months. I was afraid that it would get as bad as in 1996, but never did.
January 2001. Zoloft stopped working. Was at TAFE. Had pretty much a complete break down and wanted to end it. Couldn’t put up with it anymore. It feels like you’re in a bubble and all you can think about is what your feeling like, how long it’ll last and wanting to feel normal again. Pretty much the same as 1998, but went onto EFFEXOR-XR. I was at TAFE and I would have to leave class regularly because of panic attacks and anxiety. *These worked for about 2 weeks before a complete relapse. Had to go off them over a week, wait another few days before going onto Cipramil which as been a godsend. Many bad memories.
As I said, it just feels like you’re in a bubble completely isolated from the outside world. You spend most of the day crying and generally can’t function at all. Then you have to force yourself to eat. You dred having to have lunch and dinner. It was just horrible.
Since then I’ve had a small episode in 2003 (my doing – got too drunk and wiped all of the serotonin away). I was put on Lithium as well which I continued from 2001 – 2007. I ballooned up to 120kg and decided to try and stop them. Havn’t been on them since.
Panic attacks are still common – as is Anxiety. Average a couple a week. Basically makes me feel sick (which I have the phobia over), so I need to get away and be alone until it passes. Usually just walk around for 10 minutes up to an hour until it passes – the feeling of vomiting. I get a dry moth, light headed and irregular hearbeat as well. Caffeine seems to set it off. It’s a daily battle that I don’t think I’m winning. I think about my past every day. The fear of it isn’t there anymore, but the fear of having panic attacks in public places is. Same as being in places I can’t escape from (planes for example). It’s hard to explain it unless you suffer from it.
Had a massive panic attack the other week just after work. Lasted 3 hours. I’m so tired afterwards I usually just collapse. Eventually caught the train home and just collapsed for the rest of the day. The effects can be felt for 24 hours afterwards.
I know what I have. I don’t like it at all but can’t do anything about it. I haven’t had one for 2 days which is a long time! We believe that because mum went through so much stress while pregnant (dad had cancer and died 3 weeks before I came alone), it may have been passed along to me.
I’m always happy to discuss and pass on things I’ve read and picked up. It’s so common and often goes un diagnosed. Depression can manifest itself in many ways and present so many symtoms. It’s such a horrible, horrible disease. For me, the effects are still felt. I have very low confidence in myself. Many of my dreams have been shattered, and being picked on in school has never left me. It’s something I carry around with me. I have been in and out of different careers since I left school. I”ve found a job I like in security and am finally happy where I am. The effects from long term cipramil aren’t great either. I feel very “spaced” out a lot of the time, have no memory either. Sex drive is zero due to medication and confidence (thankfully I have a lovely and very understanding wife). Thank god for Horny Goat Weed! I”ve tried going off the meds, but end up falling in a heap again.
Thanks for reading. If you think you suffer from depression, anxiety, or panic attacks, please get help. Back when I had it really bad it was still a bit of a daboo subject. Not these days.
If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me and discuss. I’m always happy to talk about it.
Cheers,
Paul M.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003

Last edited by BA-XT; 06-12-2011 at 05:46 PM.
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #129
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for sharing Paul M

Can so relate to a lot of stuff you`ve taken the time to write, have tried a whole lot of meds etc ( most were wrong ) but have changed doctors now ,
1st appt yesterday, he was surprised at all the crud I`d been put on over the years ( 43 now , have had issues for the last 13 )
Have had a good honest chat with him , had all my bloods etc taken for testing,
Too early for a reply yet but have a good feeling it was a good call changing docs, Was really affecting those I love the most.

Will keep updating for those in similar boats or feel free to PM me.

( Ps : drugs aint always the big fix, gotta find and deal with the bigger picture ) , this is the hard part..

Last edited by Mickxr8; 06-12-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: missed a bit
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #130
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

I agree this is an excellent thread. It is important for people who suffer from mental health issues to realise they are not alone and seek comfort/advice/support from people in similar situations. Next month marks six years since my anxiety disorder bubbled to the surface and became debilitating. I am not cured but am much better than I was.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #131
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I'm trying to get a change in work duties at the moment because of panic attacks, have had to get HR involved. I have to take my meds every morning before work (Serepax) otherwise the prospect of going to work would be too overwhelming for me.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #132
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
I always keep a paper bag in the car as the carbon monixide(?)from breathing in and out can calm your breathing if uncontrollable.
I am all for the paper bag and keep one on me at all times incase of an attack. I've only been using one for a couple of years now, I wished now in the 20 odd years of dealing with panic attacks and anxiety, I tried it a lot sooner.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #133
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003
Excellent thread. I’ve been putting of sharing my personal experience, but now feel I would like to.Could be a bit long winded, but I’ve never told my full story to anyone – except my wife and mum obviously. I love my mum and put her through so much.
I’m 30 years old, and have lived with depression, panic attacks, anxiety and OCD since I was 9. My depression has cleared finally, but would usually come in episodes of 3-4 months. I still suffer panic attacks regularly and have started taking Xanax to help.
My first episode began in February 1991. I was 9. I don’t have many memories, but I remember I felt very unwell (sick), didn’t eat much and generally withdrew from my friends at school (not that I had many). I often woke up at night panicking and feeling very nauseas. I have always had a fear or phobia of vomiting which doesn’t help my condition. Eventually from what I remember, mum managed to find a psychiatrist that bulk billed. This was some 3 months after the episode started. I had lot quite a bit of weight and become completely withdrawn. I hated going to school, had no appetite because I feared being sick. Luckily he picked up on the depression straight away, and I was put on medication which cleared it up.
Second episode (and probably the worst) happened in February 1996. I woke up feeling unwell one day and it just went from there. Within a week my appetite had diminished and I wasn’t eating, sleeping or generally functioning. I would wake up at 5am and feel like I was going to vomit. My heart would race and the only thing that help was by going outside and walking around. I hardly went to school for the first term. I couldn’t function. I couldn’t eat because I felt sick constantly. I couldn’t lie down because the sickness would come back. I couldn’t sleep because I couldn’t lie down. In the end I must have seen 10 doctors. After about a month I think it subsided some what, but came back after a week. Got referred to a counselor who did nothing. Saw her for about 2 months. All she did was talk about what was bothering me… why I wasn’t going to school or couldn’t eat. My depression has never been brought on by a life event. It’s simply a drop in my serotonin levels.
Anyway, it got worse. I would take off in the middle of the night and walk around. Anyone who suffers panic attacks knows about the fight / flight theory. I just had to get out of where I was ASAP. I found myself in emergency rooms trying to get help. Didn’t sleep for days on end. Was eventually admitted into a mental ward at Monash Hospital. Stayed for 2 hours and refused to spend anymore time there. The children there were violent and suffered from varying degrees of other illnesses.
From memory I think it eased a little to where I could eat a little and get by. Eventually found a doctor who specialized in this and was put on PROZAC. Felt better almost instantly. Back to normal in 2 weeks.
November 1998. Same deal. I was 17 but delt with it better. Panic attacks, finding it hard to eat (was on a liquid diet for a while). This happened while on my holidays form school. Spent most of the time out the back reading about depression and learning what I could. Eac Was put back on PROZAC in December, but didn’t do much. In January 1999 was put on ZOLOFT. That initially helped, had a set back but came good by February. I won’t go into detail here, but it again lasted 3 months. I was afraid that it would get as bad as in 1996, but never did.
January 2001. Zoloft stopped working. Was at TAFE. Had pretty much a complete break down and wanted to end it. Couldn’t put up with it anymore. It feels like you’re in a bubble and all you can think about is what your feeling like, how long it’ll last and wanting to feel normal again. Pretty much the same as 1998, but went onto EFFEXOR-XR. I was at TAFE and I would have to leave class regularly because of panic attacks and anxiety. *These worked for about 2 weeks before a complete relapse. Had to go off them over a week, wait another few days before going onto Cipramil which as been a godsend. Many bad memories.
As I said, it just feels like you’re in a bubble completely isolated from the outside world. You spend most of the day crying and generally can’t function at all. Then you have to force yourself to eat. You dred having to have lunch and dinner. It was just horrible.
Since then I’ve had a small episode in 2003 (my doing – got too drunk and wiped all of the serotonin away). I was put on Lithium as well which I continued from 2001 – 2007. I ballooned up to 120kg and decided to try and stop them. Havn’t been on them since.
Panic attacks are still common – as is Anxiety. Average a couple a week. Basically makes me feel sick (which I have the phobia over), so I need to get away and be alone until it passes. Usually just walk around for 10 minutes up to an hour until it passes – the feeling of vomiting. I get a dry moth, light headed and irregular hearbeat as well. Caffeine seems to set it off. It’s a daily battle that I don’t think I’m winning. I think about my past every day. The fear of it isn’t there anymore, but the fear of having panic attacks in public places is. Same as being in places I can’t escape from (planes for example). It’s hard to explain it unless you suffer from it.
Had a massive panic attack the other week just after work. Lasted 3 hours. I’m so tired afterwards I usually just collapse. Eventually caught the train home and just collapsed for the rest of the day. The effects can be felt for 24 hours afterwards.
I know what I have. I don’t like it at all but can’t do anything about it. I haven’t had one for 2 days which is a long time! We believe that because mum went through so much stress while pregnant (dad had cancer and died 3 weeks before I came alone), it may have been passed along to me.
I’m always happy to discuss and pass on things I’ve read and picked up. It’s so common and often goes un diagnosed. Depression can manifest itself in many ways and present so many symtoms. It’s such a horrible, horrible disease. For me, the effects are still felt. I have very low confidence in myself. Many of my dreams have been shattered, and being picked on in school has never left me. It’s something I carry around with me. I have been in and out of different careers since I left school. I”ve found a job I like in security and am finally happy where I am. The effects from long term cipramil aren’t great either. I feel very “spaced” out a lot of the time, have no memory either. Sex drive is zero due to medication and confidence (thankfully I have a lovely and very understanding wife). Thank god for Horny Goat Weed! I”ve tried going off the meds, but end up falling in a heap again.
Thanks for reading. If you think you suffer from depression, anxiety, or panic attacks, please get help. Back when I had it really bad it was still a bit of a daboo subject. Not these days.
If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me and discuss. I’m always happy to talk about it.
Cheers,
Paul M.
Thanks for your story Paul.

What an experience! Some people don't understand what a panic attack actually is do they?
Like that add on TV? " almost on the verge of panic attacks? " she cracks me up and saying it with a SMILE on her face tells me she has no idea what they feel like
It's bloody awful! Doom, terror, death and you CANT ESCAPE IT until it's ready!
And talk about tired afterwards.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #134
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

It really is horrible. Had another large episode today and left my Xanax tablets at home. Had to pull over get out and walk around for 45 minutes.'lucky I didn't get a ticket! I was in Docklands at the time.

People look at you strange. I shake and rub my hands together to help deal with the anxiety. I know I look like a complete nut case but it helps. Sometimes it's just not possible to get away from people. At the very least I HAVE to get outside into fresh air.

It feels like you're going to vomit, but you never do. It can last 10 minutes or 3 hours. It's a horrible disease. People look at you strangely, amd indent blame them. I just try to get away from everybody ASAP.

This has become a weekly occurrence for me, with a couple of smaller ones in between. I feel for people here because it can turn people into a shadow of their former self. It is good that it's becoming more recognized. The Internet has helped greatly.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #135
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
Thanks for your story Paul.

What an experience! Some people don't understand what a panic attack actually is do they?
Like that add on TV? " almost on the verge of panic attacks? " she cracks me up and saying it with a SMILE on her face tells me she has no idea what they feel like
It's bloody awful! Doom, terror, death and you CANT ESCAPE IT until it's ready!
And talk about tired afterwards.
That is exactly right. I don't get the feeling of I'm going to die, but extreme nausea, fast heart rate, dry mouth and clammy hands are my symptoms. Also increased breathing as well. You're right. There is no escape. It just has to pass in it's own time. Xanax do help though. A bad ark writes me off for the whole day.

Oh as an added bonus I get side effects from Cipramil. I often feel "spaced" out and have difficulty learning things. My doctor confirmed this. I've been on them for 10 years now. I only take one. I Used to take 3-4 daily, plus 4 lithium tables as well.

I've tried to go off them but it didn't work. I did sharpen up though for a few weeks. They really are a godsend though. I have a very easy job which helps greatly.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #136
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh the dreaded `shopping center` , used to last about 5 mins in there lol
Bit betterer now, `oxazepam` seems to work for me but takes a while to work , down to 1/2 a tab every 2nd day.
Theres some evil pills out there ( I`ve tried lots lol )
Old 10-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #137
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm, Well mine has been horrible, In the last 12 months- Ive lost my 3 year job, Lost my 6 year relationship, Crashed my car, Moved to 2 seperate towns to try and save my 6 year relationship but to just be left there stranded not knowing anyone. And its been 4 days since my girlfriend for 6 years lef so im stranded in a new town with not knowing anyonet, At the current moment, Mine are shocking, I was actually prescribed 100mg yesterday.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #138
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suffer from panic attacks on a regular basis. There isn't really anything that triggers mine they just happen. Sometimes they get bad enough that my muscles tense up and I can't move, I break out in a sweat and have to just wait until it subsides so I can move again.
The neurologist thought it may have been related to my epilepsy but extensive tests and scans have ruled that theory out.
I also have OCD wwhich I have been told by my doctor can often be related to panic attacks.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #139
95frd

has anyone tried ''lyrica''75mg.. ,
my step son is on these .they seem to help with his anxiety's .

dave
95frd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #140
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe_xr6
Hmm, Well mine has been horrible, In the last 12 months- Ive lost my 3 year job, Lost my 6 year relationship, Crashed my car, Moved to 2 seperate towns to try and save my 6 year relationship but to just be left there stranded not knowing anyone. And its been 4 days since my girlfriend for 6 years lef so im stranded in a new town with not knowing anyonet, At the current moment, Mine are shocking, I was actually prescribed 100mg yesterday.
damn, sorry to hear that. Hope it all pulls through for you!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #141
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Gee mate you really have copped a beating. I hope it all comes right for you. It may even get better! I mean better than you had it. Works like that, but thats not a bad thing. good luck, keep us posted bud.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #142
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks bud, Im not looking for attention but theres alot more to it than that !!!!!! All i can say is.... Bring on 2012 !!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #143
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
All i can say is.... Bring on 2012 !!

I'll second that motion and I'm adamant it can only get better from here on in...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #144
Falcman0o7
Banned

So how are you guys! Thought id get this thread back up front
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #145
Hell Cat

Panic attacks/anxiety.... My daily life.

I got a referral from the gp to see a specialist, I'm too soft to go though.
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #146
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat

I suggest you do see the GP. The longer you leave it the worse it may become. I tried to fight it for 18 months but it steadily got worse. In the end I had no option but to seek help and in hindsight I'm glad I did.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #147
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat

Mate...GO!
It's not a matter of being soft it's something you need to do if you wan't to get better.
Old 13-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #148
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Great overdue thread guys, just wondering if the lexepro/lexham users ever suffer from the brain zaps/shocks whether fulltime usage or getting off them? There's a bit of web traffic on this subject.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #149
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka
Great overdue thread guys, just wondering if the lexepro/lexham users ever suffer from the brain zaps/shocks whether fulltime usage or getting off them? There's a bit of web traffic on this subject.

cheers,Maka
Adrenalin shocks when i forget to take mine.

I have had it the worst when getting off others.
Old 13-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #150
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Anybody use paroxetine/paxtine? I do. Curious to hear what side affects people have noticed.