Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Chicka

Default Focus TDCI - I recommend this OIL!

:togo:
Hi everyone...Just posting a comment on my recent 15.0000kms service.
Like most of us, I like to use high quality products to keep the beast well kept.
When my TDCI had it's complimentary first service ( at 3000kms),I asked Ford to do an oil and filter change.They did this, and I noticed that they used Valvoline 10w-30 Durablend semi-synthetic.
The Focus service book calls for 5w-30 oil ....I figured that because I live in the tropics,10w-30 oil would be okay.After hours of research via the 'net,( maybe I need more interests!), I have determined that one should not use 10w-30 where the vehicle book calls for 5w-30! Apparently it is okay to go up ( to 5w-40 or 5w-50), but not the other way.
Anyway...to my point! At the 15k service, I supplied my own oil to Ford.
Because of the Diesel,I chose not to use a fully synthetic oil at 15.000kms.
(Again..a debatable point...some say use a full synthetic from new....most say that diesels need 15-20,000 kms to " bed-in")
So, either way, i'm covered.....
PENRITE HPR5 DIESEL is what I went with....and I am rapt with the result.
10 ltrs for $ 87.00 at the time.
I have evaluated the running of the " rattler" over the past 2 weeks, and I am amazed at the quieter running of the donk, and how much smoother she
drives.I really didn't believe that different oil would make such a difference.
Sorry for being long-winded....but maybe someone out there is faced with a
similar decision...I highly recommend this oil!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your time
Chicka

Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post