Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #14761
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

I fail to see the point of needing to prove something you’re 80% likely to have done. That’s typical of state governments reversing the onus of proof.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:16 AM   #14762
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of months back our CEO said we would not be mandating vaccination for staff. Seems that call has been taken out of our hands now...

Quote:
‘Our patience is wearing thin’: Biden imposes vaccine mandates for 100 million Americans

https://www.theage.com.au/world/nort...10-p58qex.html

"Biden is also signing an executive order to require vaccination for employees of the executive branch and contractors who do business with the federal government — with no option to test out."

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 11:31 AM   #14763
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
My reading of the tea leaves suggests that we will still have limits on gatherings,
Reading tea leaves is so 1960's. In today's café society it's Coffee grounds.

https://www.soulandspiritmagazine.co...-simple-steps/
Old 10-09-2021, 11:34 AM   #14764
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Yeah I believe that. Our freedoms are gone forever. Any time the government decides they want to take your freedom away for your own good, it’s gone within a day and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Some people will say something like “if you haven’t realised we’re in a once in a 100 year pandemic” but they don’t see the bigger picture.

Look at the fixated persons unit in NSW. It was created to help stop the increasing number of terrorist attacks in NSW during the 2010’s.
If you’re not a terrorist you don’t have to worry right?
Well now they use that unit to arrest YouTubers who criticise the government.

Ive never been into anti government conspiracies, but I’m starting to see where these people are coming from.
Lol, c'mon man thats rubbish.
If we we're faced with another pandemic i'd expect Govco to do what they've done now, in fact i'd like to think that they've learnt from mistakes and go harder earlier, but i doubt the 'people' would allow their freedoms to removed for trivial things like you're suggesting, it just wouldnt happen.

As for the FPU, well thats aimed at extremists, i reckon if you give up hours of your day to post youtube video's about your hate for democratically voted figureheads then you probably should be under scrutiny and if necessary locked up for not only our good but their own too.

Im thinking you might be an undiagnosed anti Govco CT, lol.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #14765
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Oh if anyone thinks the Road Map to Freedom will happen overnight they are living under a rock......
Gonna be a long long haul that is for sure.
Not sure you've seen this but here's the map.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-release...lly-vaccinated

Don't how all this will be getting policed but at the same time we the people are the duty of care in the big picture. Well those the majority that comply.
Alot on the news last night about how small business etc will manage the confrontation by people not vaxxed entering their premise's.
The Hotel/Club association say they are used to dealing with people pre covid not complying to rules in the past so they feel when the time comes they'll manage confrontational customers whereas a Hairdresser owner said it will be hard saying no to clients not vaxxed but rules are rules they want to open.

The black market copy opportunity of your double vaxxed certificate the software is being worked on to stifle this obviously.
They are saying it will be linked to our ServiceNSW (obviously every State will do similar I expect) app when we bar code scan our vaxxed certicate will be in view for the business to see for entering.

Just wow what were all gonna be going through moving ahead.
I cannot see this working being contained as a view on our own phones, the ability to counterfeit is too easy.

The only way it will work is reversing the check in process, the check in app would have a QR code that contains the details of the person holding the phone, the establishment scans, this goes off the the gov database and returns the vacc status, viewable on the establishments device. The establishment would then need to check a photo ID like a licence to confirm the person holding the phone is the person whose details were sent through.

But I put my money on us ending up with 5 different, poor solutions.

5 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #14766
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…But I put my money on us ending up with 5 different, poor solutions.
Hence my prior mention of the NBN.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #14767
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
They will not help your 5G reception, do not contain microchips to track you and are not part of a wider Government conspiracy.
Damn, the 5G reception was the only reason I was vaccinated…

…just joking
4 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #14768
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I cannot see this working being contained as a view on our own phones, the ability to counterfeit is too easy.

The only way it will work is reversing the check in process, the check in app would have a QR code that contains the details of the person holding the phone, the establishment scans, this goes off the the gov database and returns the vacc status, viewable on the establishments device. The establishment would then need to check a photo ID like a licence to confirm the person holding the phone is the person whose details were sent through.

Word is they'll have metal detectors at every entrance and if you dont suddenly get stuck to it you obviously havent had the 5G magnetic transmitter installed...i mean been vaccinated..
3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 12:23 PM   #14769
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:

Well NSW already has Digital Driver Licences on your phone.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #14770
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The communist ABC has a story about how easy it is to fake digital vaccination certificates because the non-communist idiot government is using a third-rate system, unlike the system that Europe uses (though that can presumably be faked like everything else).
Old 10-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #14771
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW Premier dropping daily Covid briefings.
There's tens of thousands of active cases in NSW at the moment and numbers of new cases rising.
Conclusion: Gladys has lost control of Covid.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #14772
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 9th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,724 new cases for Australia and 3 deaths so the CMR is 1.567%.

18 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.702%.

The UK had a lower 37,480 cases yesterday and lower 170 deaths for a CMR of 1.877%.

A higher 162,596 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 3,158 deaths sees CMR at 1.625%.

Other notable points:
Asia passes 72M cases;

Somalia (326); and
Philippines (22,820);

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

El Salvador moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #14773
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 1,542 cases in the current period (another new record) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0335 (from 1.0142) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 334 cases in the current period (a new high for this outbreak) and the 10-day average growth rate decreases slightly to 1.1845 (from 1.1858) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

Victoria reaches Day 60 of the current outbreak with 3,616 cases recorded. At the same point of the 2020 wave, the total was 6,546 and NSW had reached 7,952 cases at that same point this year.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #14774
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
There's tens of thousands of active cases in NSW at the moment and numbers of new cases rising.

Did she ever have Control of It..???

Dropping the daily Press Conferences is a clear signal (to me at least) The peak is yet to come.& she's all out of Glitter to roll the Turd In..!
6 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #14775
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Did she ever have Control of It..???

Dropping the daily Press Conferences is a clear signal (to me at least) The peak is yet to come.& she's all out of Glitter to roll the Turd In..!
No she didn't really. Like many it was too little too late in terms of prevention and containment

and yes no more 'gold standard' claims from her

Her Media Unit will be working OT on strategies to divert attention in conjunction with Fed Libs.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #14776
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Be grateful for small mercies, at least we won't have to put up with the incessant were showing Australia how it's done BS!

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
7 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #14777
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

LINK not DOYR, as in direct link to the >5000 people you mentioned above. If you cant provide a direct link we can only imagine that you're having a wild guess.
If a posts confirms your personal bias do you demand links?

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/c...09-p570z7.html

https://www.epa.sa.gov.au/soe-2018/a...cts-our-health

https://www.envirojustice.org.au/our...air-pollution/

https://www.singletonargus.com.au/st...deaths-a-year/

https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...E?opendocument

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
The communist ABC has a story about how easy it is to fake digital vaccination certificates because the non-communist idiot government is using a third-rate system, unlike the system that Europe uses (though that can presumably be faked like everything else).
ABC is a supporter of the liberals. Liberals are now commies?

Last edited by Ben73; 10-09-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #14778
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Mate, jump up and down if you have to, but get vaccinated. Go political if you need to. Aim to achieve a booking by end of today. If you were 38 years old, female with a family, living in the posh suburbs and facing life-changing cancer - (1.) You wouldn’t be getting bumped for chemo, (2.) You’d have been offered vaccination by now.
Thank you CB and AlanD,
So it's to stop any issues of inflammation or immunodeficiency, I never got the covid vaccine mainly because the second dose of AZ would have to be given during the chemo period!

I went into hospital for lung removal, left lung as a Stage 1A, 3 weeks later at post op visit and histopathology report I was classified 2A, then 3 weeks later as Stage 3A.

They said they found it had spread to lymph nodes, hence 3A, but I cancelled my first 2 appointments due to coming down with a nasty cough and sore throat plus runny nose, still have it slightly.
I refused to go to oncology in case I made other patients sick with my infection, these poor women were in dire trouble and all bald wearing headscarves, they looked so downhearted and sad, I couldn't go in there, no way, so I cancelled, and only for that reason.

My 3rd cancellation was because the dentist would not agree to chemo until I had 5 teeth removed, the last of my own teeth, rest dentures, he said I could or would get MRONJ if I was unlucky, its a "medication related osteo necrosis of the jaw"
I have very bad osteo arthritis through my whole spine and TMJ, he spoke to oncologist who had no choice but to cancel again until my gums heal fully, he give me until 21st September and added no point in chemo after that, but he's not positive, he would be reading a crystal ball not a medical chart!

But you both answered my question thank you, much appreciated, and I really mean that too.

Cheers Billy.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #14779
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Lol, c'mon man thats rubbish.
If we we're faced with another pandemic i'd expect Govco to do what they've done now, in fact i'd like to think that they've learnt from mistakes and go harder earlier, but i doubt the 'people' would allow their freedoms to removed for trivial things like you're suggesting, it just wouldnt happen.

As for the FPU, well thats aimed at extremists, i reckon if you give up hours of your day to post youtube video's about your hate for democratically voted figureheads then you probably should be under scrutiny and if necessary locked up for not only our good but their own too.

Im thinking you might be an undiagnosed anti Govco CT, lol.
You clearly know nothing about the situation I was referring to.

So everyone at every major News network should be scrutinized by Fixated Person Unit since they have built entire TV channels about criticizing politicians?

Sky News should be the first to be investigated.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #14780
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I never got the covid vaccine mainly because the second dose of AZ would have to be given during the chemo period!
Not sure that this would matter, My Wife started Chemo (for the second time) 4 weeks ago and was advised by her Medical Oncologist that she get the AZ jab that she was booked in for 2 weeks before her first Chemo.

I think that she'll be due for her 2nd jab between the 3rd and 4th Chemo session.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:04 PM   #14781
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

agreed tweeked, just put up whats doing.
Are we satisfied enough that our passports are pretty secure pre covid for eg ?
Having been a very regular OS traveller don't think my passport has been hacked, well that I know of lol, I suspect they will get this sorted out in time using the QR code linked to our Jab Certificates.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 10-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #14782
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
you know the owners of this site can be held accountable for the dribble you post - calling someone a derogatory name will draw attention for sure. I know
Old 10-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #14783
Metdevil

Quote:
Not sure that this would matter, My Wife started Chemo (for the second time) 4 weeks ago and was advised by her Medical Oncologist that she get the AZ jab that she was booked in for 2 weeks before her first Chemo.

I think that she'll be due for her 2nd jab between the 3rd and 4th Chemo session.
One of the main side-effects of chemo is immunosuppresion, so there's a good chance that a vaccine would be largely ineffective during chemo.
But don't take my word for it, I'm sure the Oncologists (both your wife's and Snake's) know what's best.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:20 PM   #14784
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
you know the owners of this site can be held accountable for the dribble you post - calling someone a derogatory name will draw attention for sure. I know
That's another new law that has flown under the radar due to covid being the only thing the media talks about these days.

Some media outlets are turning off or restricting comments now because it's not worth the effort to monitor comments 24/7. They would rather not get sued by someone having a hissy fit.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #14785
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Anyone else a bit perplexed as to why Tasmania are introducing the mandatory wearing of masks for any events with over 1000 attendees, either indoors or out, from next Friday?

It seems like a strange time to introduce this, especially given they have no new cases and the number of vaccinations are still increasing. And the trigger figure seems odd. Why 1000 people? Is there a large event coming up that I've missed, ie AFL game?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 10-09-2021, 02:39 PM   #14786
J Arthur Rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
That's another new law that has flown under the radar due to covid being the only thing the media talks about these days.

Some media outlets are turning off or restricting comments now because it's not worth the effort to monitor comments 24/7. They would rather not get sued by someone having a hissy fit.

Is that all public forums mate or just Facebook?
Old 10-09-2021, 02:41 PM   #14787
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Complete fallacy to even think anyone could control it.

For those in states with lesser cases how is your lifestyle and freedoms compared to NSW...and remember there are people and lives outside of your border.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 10-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #14788
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

My GP and Oncologist both say I can't have second jab during chemo, so that's 2 jabs 12 weeks apart, but this is covid free Perth, if I was still living in Sydney I would of had the covid jab 12 months ago if available, but am too sick for anything at present, I tossed up forgoing chemo because of my age and other health issues, which are severe and not just lung related, but I live alone, your wife has you to help her and discuss your future together, I don't have that, they are not sure I will make it through 4 sessions, and said I can pull out anytime I like, am glad I am old, I hope you and your wife get through it ok and get back on with your lives.

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #14789
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I haven’t read it in depth or cross-checked, but a quick skim over a news article this morning suggested that less people were dying of the Delta coronavirus than the original 2020 variant. While that’s good news, one has to ponder if it’s then not the “beast” one CHO alleged it to be.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:09 PM   #14790
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Complete fallacy to even think anyone could control it.

For those in states with lesser cases how is your lifestyle and freedoms compared to NSW...and remember there are people and lives outside of your border.
I'm in South Aust, and other than QR codes to enter buildings (shops etc), and wearing a mask when in those shops, I haven't really noticed a change in lifestyle.

We haven't had the travel restrictions placed on us, as I see some of the Eastern states have had. My daughter has to wear a mask at school, which she hates, but all in all no real issues with lifestyles and freedoms.

It seems to me that most (where I live) just do it and let the issues that others are having wash over them.

I probably miss seeing smiles, etc I have surprised myself as to how much I must rely on facial expressions. I just tell myself that 'they smiled back'. -probably wishful thinking.
5 users like this post:
Closed Thread