Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Skotty
Banned

Default Center facia removal

Hey fellas, mate of mine has a AU S2 Forte and I'm tryin to take out his center facia to replace the fan vents...

How do I take it out, do I have to take off the fan knobs and also if thats the case how the heck do I get them off?...

Cheers fellas!

Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

IIRC It involves takin out a couple of screws and the removal of the radio. You can purchase the "U" tools to take it out or make a couple out of coathanger and give that a try. If you are going to unplug the radio, which i think its necessary as the cableing isnt long enough, be sure to have the radio code handy.

Anyhows, Remove the radio unit, should be a couple of screws on either side, one left one right. Undo them.

Next you pull out the ashtray, 2 screws behind there to be removed.

Then with care, give the fascia a bit of a pull, carefully so you dont snap the fascia or the clips holding it to the dash, and bam, your fascia is out albeit hanging on to the dash by the aircon/clock wiring.

Not to sure bout the fan knobs, its been a while since i fiddled around with the center.

Reverse procedure for puttin it all back together.

I think thats about it....
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

yep...most of the wires pull off easy - the temp control knob has a metal ''wire'' on the back, looks like a bit of coathanger really. it can be a bit fiddly to get out, just give it a bit of a bend (gently of course, don't wanna break it).

knobs/switches for a/c are screwed to the facia, as is the tunnel/cowling (whatever you call it) for the a/c.

pretty easy really, i just painted mine...guess i could show you.

not quite the colour i wanted...i'm gonna have another crack though. i bought a spare so i can muck around with it over time. i love it though...looks a bit different

sorry to hijack your thread...couldn't help it
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty
Hey fellas, mate of mine has a AU S2 Forte and I'm tryin to take out his center facia to replace the fan vents...

How do I take it out, do I have to take off the fan knobs and also if thats the case how the heck do I get them off?...

Cheers fellas!
just had mine out the knobs stay there
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the springy clips on the back of the facia are quite strong, i put a smear of vaseline on them, makes putting it back on and should the worst happen you need to get it off again, makes it considerbly easier.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

Please be careful of the heater control cable, not to break off the clip that holds the cable to the controler mechanism.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auturbo6
Please be careful of the heater control cable, not to break off the clip that holds the cable to the controler mechanism.
Good point. I've broken that clip on 2 or 3 of my old AUs, but a cable tie works to hold the cable in position (end effect is the cold/hot control knob doesn't quite go all the way around to full hot).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post