Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
okief
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta WP auto - advice please

Dear All
Looking at buying a s/h '05 auto 3dr with just over 100k, mostly long distance driving.
what sort of things should I be aware of/look for, and what are the likely big ticket items for replacement/repair I could be up for?
any advice greatly appreciated!
regards
okief

okief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Oscuro

Ive got an 04 WP for sale. 73,000 km plus 4 new tyres. Im in Sydney. Big ticket item is the timing belt replacement after 10 years or 115,000 kms I think.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
okief
Starter Motor

thanks for the response, Oscuro!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Ben85

I'm pretty sure the timing belt is at 150 000, well thats wat it is for the WQ anyway. And they are essentially the same car.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
okief
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
I'm pretty sure the timing belt is at 150 000, well thats wat it is for the WQ anyway. And they are essentially the same car.
can anyone confirm?
car's done 107, hate to be replacing one at 115k...
having said that, intend to keep the car for 4-5 years, so doesn't really matter that much.

cheers
okief
Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Oscuro

camshaft drive belt 150,000 km auxillary dive belts 150,000 km
flush/refill cooling system every 4 years
brake fluid change every 2 years

First buyer to come look at my WP for sale was believe it or not a Ford mechanic LOL
he picked the eyes out of my car and decided not to buy it. Its still for sale if anyone is interested. Im going overseas so need to sell it. Im in Sydney.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure about anyone else, but mines still going good. It's at 113,000kms now and the only thing that needs changing was my tail lights and head lights, both lost cost items.
Old 14-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
okief
Starter Motor

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Not sure about anyone else, but mines still going good. It's at 113,000kms now and the only thing that needs changing was my tail lights and head lights, both lost cost items.
thanks all for the responses, picked up the car yesterday and am loving it.
in for window tinting today, and that's about all I'm doing to it for now.

cheers!