Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fiesta info

My sister is after a new fiesta zetec 1.4 auto .
Couple questions
1. I cant seem to find any reviews done with the auto .(would love some links if possible)
2. Read in the sticky that the auto goes on sale in 2009 is this still the case .
3. Well this only matters if no 2 is not correct. But any one that would like to give an opinion on the fiesta auto . ( or opinion on manual is fine to)

I got to go test drive it for her hopefully a auto if its available ( possibly tomorow) . Also would mind knowing what people are gettig them on the road for.
Thanks

snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #2
Zetec Dave

Prior to ordering and still waiting for our new Fiesta Zetec manual, I tested the auto version in the Lx spec and even though it was a really smooth shifter, I just couldn't get around the logic of paying more for the auto with much less power and a smaller engine. I haven't heard or read any new reviews about the new fiesta auto except for those about the manual version which had pretty good reviews. Personally, I was quote happy about the manual. Only thing that bothered me were the long throws to shift gears. Otherwise, a mighty fine manual transmisison with a ncie meaty and plush feel during shifts.

Dealer told me the auto zetecs were around $25,750 RRP.

Hope this helps
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
WASP
Whipple Induced

Driven the auto and the manual. I ordered a Zetec auto for the wife.
She wanted an auto this time as our previous focus in manual was not suited to the driving she's doing (5 times a week spent in peak hour crawl). I know the auto gets the 1.4litre engine but after driving the 1.6 manual there is not much in it, in fact if I told you the auto was a 1.6 you would believe it. I'm not saying that either one is a missile either because they both aren't, but they are good for what they are and return adequate acceleration for the fuel economy provided.

The auto is actually a much nicer box than say the auto you get in the 2 ltre Focus from my own driving experience. It's quite responsive and doesn’t experience a complete brain fade when taking off cold like the Focus auto does. The main thing that hurts the auto is you do notice the difference when the air-conditioning is switched on. With the manual it's less noticeable and is partly masked by the use of the manual transmission. Once the auto is going however is quite 'zippy' and had no issues climbing up through the Adelaide hills on a very hot day.

Hope that helps
Colville
Old 31-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
BlackLS
yum

71kw vs 88kw :(

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well was not able to test drive one all the auto's were sold . An would of been a waste of time driving the manual mine and the dealers .
But i did test drive a yaris today , Great value on paper , Driving was just as i expected very bland ,gutless, whiney motor , interior felt like paper machee and plenty of body roll but with all the boxes ticked 5 star safety rating in car navigation ,bluetooth ,ipod compat, digital speedo all the stuff my sister would want .for around 24k .

My biggest issue with the fiesta well there all gutless but comparing the yaris,fiesta,mazda 2 the fiesta has the least power and is the heaviest of the lot aswell. Im just glad the cars not for me . But finding it really hard to give my sister my opinion .
Old 31-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
BlackLS
yum

My GF can't decide between the Mazda2 and the Fiesta. She doesn't want a car that looks like a van so there goes the Colt, Jazz etc. After looking at the Fiesta we wandered over to Toyota and checked out the Yaris... and left 3 mins later. Honestly for a car that boring you'd be better off with a Getz.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
My GF can't decide between the Mazda2 and the Fiesta. She doesn't want a car that looks like a van so there goes the Colt, Jazz etc. After looking at the Fiesta we wandered over to Toyota and checked out the Yaris... and left 3 mins later. Honestly for a car that boring you'd be better off with a Getz.
very boring indeed but i was looking at the yrx a little nicer but still just quite dull
Old 31-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
WASP
Whipple Induced

I was told by a few now that if drive the Fiesta auto, then drive the equivilant Yaris auto they are poles apart in both performance and driver dynamics (Ford being much better). I haven't done this so I can't comment. I did hire a new Coralla in Brisbane for a few days and while it did feel very cheap and tinny with poor boot space, it was a very smooth, quite car that just did what it was designed to do (move you comfortably), nothing more or less. If you're not into cars at all, but need a reliable one they appear to be good value.